Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

What's the most wild animal you've seen?

Was in Yosemite many years ago with an ex. The place we stayed in a had a pub on site which closed a bit too early for my liking. They did however have a shop which sold cases of beer so off I popped. On my walk back (pretty pissed from the pub) there was a fairly hefty black bear between myself and my cabin. Being arseholed I was a bit braver than usual and did the recommended shout and wave and scared it off. Got back to the cabin feeling pretty manly and gleefully told the Mrs what happened. She didn't believe me. 

Ive also seen a few urban foxes and some hedgehogs. 

• Haha 3

Do animals have different levels of wildness? I mean, anything that's not a pet or livestock is wild surely?

In which case, thousands of birds every day. I suppose some people just don't notice stuff. Weirdly, when I go abroad I think, maybe I'll see some bird I've never seen before, but all I usually see are sparrows.

Seen a golden eagle, or at least, I've seen a distant eagle shaped silhouette very high up in the right place (Glen Nevis). When I deliver out in Kilby I often see hares and partridges, which you won't see out in the city, though bizarrely I saw a pheasant just off Leicester Rd in Wigston near the Stage hotel the other day.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 2

In a national park in America we went to go and try and find raccoons at night, but instead stumbled into a bear. In hindsight probably not the smartest thing we have done! 

we’ve been fortunate enough to see some amazing stuff - whales in Costa Rica, giant squirrels in Sri Lanka and sloths in Brazil. This is quite an unusual one in some senses but I think my favourite sighting of all times has to have been a real life woody woodpecker. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I forgot lizards. seen plenty of them on holidays. In fact,.it vaguely rings a bell I've even seen them.over here

I saw a lizard near Whitby in September. My mates thought I was going mad but I definitely saw it.

I haven’t seen anything that wild as far as land mammals but seen plenty of sea life. The scariest of which was being chased by a Titan trigger fish while snorkelling. Must have gone near its nest, they have some nasty teeth on them.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

A deer, pheasant, sparrow hawk and shitloads of gray squirrels, robins, blackbirds, woodpigeons, hedgehogs, in my garden. Also some long legged bird, not sure what it was. An enormous pelican and its baby on a harbour in Cyprus, tried to bite my arm. They were so still i thought it was a statue or something, stood near it to have a photo and nearly lost the arm. Elephants in Sri Lanka & Thailand. Monkeys, coati (like a racoon) and racoons in Mexico. Dolphins in Cuba. Turtles in Sri Lanka and Cyprus. Red squirrels on the Isle of wight and in Budapest. A water monitor whilst canoeing in sri Lanka, properly shit me up that did. Done a lot of scuba diving and snorkeling around the world and seen some incredible sea life. Probably a lot more too but I cant remember.

I’m surrounded by lots of wild animals, regularly see Kangaroo and still get excited every time I see one.

We have wombat, echidna and plenty of snakes not too far from us.

I have seen most native Australian animals in the wild including crocs when far North Queensland. 
We have had dolphins come up close to us whilst swimming at the beach also stingray and been on a few whale watching trips.

I would love to head over to Africa, maybe Kenya at some point and do a proper safari trip.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Otis said:

Black Panther in a field by the A47

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Black Panther, Great Central Way, a few years ago.

There’s been numerous panther sightings across Leicestershire, they are 100% definitely out there.

Yep, seen one in my mate's back garden in Hinckley in the early hours one morning back in 2002. Luckily it was more scared of us and did a runner. Witnessed by 3 of us who all saw it, unmistakable - big powerful animal. 

14 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Yep, seen one in my mate's back garden in Hinckley in the early hours one morning back in 2002. Luckily it was more scared of us and did a runner. Witnessed by 3 of us who all saw it, unmistakable - big powerful animal. 

I knew of numerous Panther sightings over the years, especially down Aylestone Meadows, you always call bullshit at first though.

But one night a few years back, took the dog out down the Great Central Way, some big animal came out across the path about 50 yards in front, thought it was a dog at first, until I realised nobody else was around, anybody who knows the Great Central way knows it’s full of streetlights from town to fosse park, then as it got to the middle of the path, the light shone right on its tail, that was the point I knew it was no dog, it was a Black Panther.

Nowadays my dog won’t go that way at night unless other people are around.

• Like 2

Saw a leopard in Etosha National Park in Namibia a few years ago. Was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. They're so evasive that my family who have lived in Botswana since the 60s have never seen one in the wild. The rangers in Etosha don't even know how many they've got. She was with me for 10 minutes, and I took over 200 pictures. And the best thing is that that experience is all mine. Just mine, nobody else's. Mine. And I’ll treasure it forever. 

Have also most other African wildlife, as well as penguins in Boulders Beach in Cape Town. Haven't seen a cheetah yet, but if I can ever afford it I'm going to go and spend a month each in Etosha, Chobe in Botswana, Hwange in Zimbabwe and Kruger in South Africa to try and see one. 

Oh, and I was also once chased by a lion. But that's a story for another time.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Saw a leopard in Etosha National Park in Namibia a few years ago. Was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. They're so evasive that my family who have lived in Botswana since the 60s have never seen one in the wild. The rangers in Etosha don't even know how many they've got. She was with me for 10 minutes, and I took over 200 pictures. And the best thing is that that experience is all mine. Just mine, nobody else's.

Have also most other African wildlife, as well as penguins in Boulders Beach in Cape Town. Haven't seen a cheetah yet, but if I can ever afford it I'm going to go and spend a month each in Etosha, Chobe in Botswana, Hwange in Zimbabwe and Kruger in South Africa to try and see one. 

Oh, and I was also once chased by a lion. But that's a story for another time.

The penguins on Boulders beach are insane, forgot about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1