Jump to content
dayday

Braga v Leicester City(26/11/2020) 17.55 kick off

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

K Schmick

Fofana Morgan Fuchs

Justin Hamza Praet Thomas

Ünder Nacho Barnes

 

Castagne fit yet? If so in for trusty justy

 

I'm assuming you don't want to qualify for the next round tomorrow then? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wasn't this a very similar team to the one that spanked them 4 zip at home?

Similar, yes. Minus Maddison, Tielemans and Albrighton.... although, a back 3 of Justin, Fofana and Fuchs is preferable to Fofana, Morgand and Fuchs. For me anyway. Similarly, Hamza and Praet isn't quiet Hamza and Tielemans. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely Hamza for me tomorrow. Throw in a few others in there who don't usually play. Rest Kasper, Wesley F, Youri and Jamie for Fulham please. 

Happy with Ayoze and Kel up front. We may lose but Fulham is more important by far.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Definitely Hamza for me tomorrow. Throw in a few others in there who don't usually play. Rest Kasper, Wesley F, Youri and Jamie for Fulham please. 

Happy with Ayoze and Kel up front. We may lose but Fulham is more important by far.

Doubt it...think we will go strong as next game is Monday evening so go and get through then BR can rest players for the next two EL games....more time between the next two games than the following week.

 

Plus we need to put in a performance as back to back defeats irrespective of team selection would not be great.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Strongest team for me. Get through, top of the group. Fulham Monday. Then we can get into rest mode. Don’t want to send the best players out to Ukraine needlessly 

This.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Strongest team for me. Get through, top of the group. Fulham Monday. Then we can get into rest mode. Don’t want to send the best players out to Ukraine needlessly 

Totally agree. Win this and we guaranteed top of group and it puts down a big marker for our ambitions. If we need to rest players after so be it, we should be taking points from Fulham regardless of what team we put out if we have any aspirations to be top 6 this season. On paper this is the toughest fixture out of the next three or four games. People disregarding this competition need to remember that realistically we have a better shot at CL by winning this than we do of finishing top 4. That is not to say that we should not be challenging in the league also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'd rest Vardy, Evans, Youri and possibly Mendy

Vardy and Mendy recently had a 2 week rest. I'd definitely give Youri the night off though which is why we ought to have taken Tavares. Evans needs a breather too but also a confidence boost.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy and Mendy recently had a 2 week rest. I'd definitely give Youri the night off though which is why we ought to have taken Tavares. Evans needs a breather too but also a confidence boost.

I think we need Mendy but, despite my previous post, I do agree Youri could do with a rest. The slower pace of the European games seems to suit Maddison so I would go with him and Praet. Harsh on Nacho if he doesn’t start as he seems to be making this competition his own with three goals and three assists so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I think we need Mendy but, despite my previous post, I do agree Youri could do with a rest. The slower pace of the European games seems to suit Maddison so I would go with him and Praet. Harsh on Nacho if he doesn’t start as he seems to be making this competition his own with three goals and three assists so far.

I'd give Vardy 55-60 mins and then Iheanacho. Vardy has only made 1 appearance this season in Europe for us, he will want to play. He hasn't stayed with us to qualify for Europe and then not play, that's my view anyway, perhaps he's happy for the trip away without having to do a lot 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Totally agree. Win this and we guaranteed top of group and it puts down a big marker for our ambitions. If we need to rest players after so be it, we should be taking points from Fulham regardless of what team we put out if we have any aspirations to be top 6 this season. On paper this is the toughest fixture out of the next three or four games. People disregarding this competition need to remember that realistically we have a better shot at CL by winning this than we do of finishing top 4. That is not to say that we should not be challenging in the league also.

Personally, I'd say finishing in the top 4 this season is easier than winning the Europa...have you seen the teams who are going to be joining the competition from the CL groups?😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Personally, I'd say finishing in the top 4 this season is easier than winning the Europa...have you seen the teams who are going to be joining the competition from the CL groups?😲

Not that strong bar Inter, Ajax/Atalanta and Leipzig whom both could finish bottom of their group at this rate and out of Europe all together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not that strong bar Inter, Ajax/Atalanta and Leipzig whom both could finish bottom of their group at this rate and out of Europe all together.

Its a great win that sevilla have qualified for the next round in the CL. Really helps everyone else with their record in the competition. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not that strong bar Inter, Ajax/Atalanta and Leipzig whom both could finish bottom of their group at this rate and out of Europe all together.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you, but neither Ajax nor Atalanta can finish bottom of their group.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Strongest team for me. Get through, top of the group. Fulham Monday. Then we can get into rest mode. Don’t want to send the best players out to Ukraine needlessly 

Problem is we could go full strength and still lose lol Then we have to go relatively strong next week to avoid a nervous final match with AEK. With players coming back from injury hopefully our side in the final 2 games could be stronger..

 

But I agree though, only rest anyone who has a niggle and isn't 100%.

 

 

Edited by RowlattsFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Apologies if I've misunderstood you, but neither Ajax nor Atalanta can finish bottom of their group.

Yeah sorry, I'd just put Inter and Leipzig and then remembered Ajax and Atalanta are in the same group as Liverpool so one of them will finish 2nd and the other 3rd. Inter and Leipzig could well bomb out of Europe all together which would be nice. Spurs will take some beating this season as Mourinho is a master bit it would be nice if they are going for the title and if we aren't that we do them in Europe. Would be glorious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...