Jump to content
davieG

McDonald's plan new drive-thru near Leicester City and Tigers stadium

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I'm no health freak but I have been privy to enough scary conversations about just how bad for you McDonald's is that I put myself on a self-imposed lifetime ban last October.

 

I must have been in the top 10 or 20% in terms of regularity of visit beforehand. I really liked it, but it's not worth the health implications. I haven't struggled to go without and think more people should consider doing the same.

 

In a world that we shut down entire societies for the health reasons associated with Covid-19, I find it absolutely laughable that one (albeit large) company can't be shut down for health reasons, too. Covid is a flash in the pan in the grand scheme of things. Obesity and poor nutrition will continue to end lives early for years and years. More so without better regulation and with places like McDonald's allowed to sell poison by the boat load.

 

Without the numbers to back this up, I'm confident McDonald's over the period of its entire existence will have comfortably been responsible for more deaths than Coronavirus.

 

People in nutrition circles say if they could make any two things illegal it would be McDonald's and energy drinks. I don't drink them any more either.

You've chosen not to eat there, others can do the same. Don't blame McDonalds because some people haven't got the brains to vary their diet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You've chosen not to eat there, others can do the same. Don't blame McDonalds because some people haven't got the brains to vary their diet.

I think it's a bit worse than that. It goes beyond changing diet.

 

Everyone knows eating too much chocolate probably isn't the best thing for your weight and health.

 

Not everybody knows about the chemicals the McDonald's fries are treated with and the damage to your nutrient retention it has.

 

Using myself as an example. I always knew McDonald's was high in salt and calories. I was fine with that because I exercise enough to counter the high calorie content.

 

No amount of exercise will counter the sh*te going in your body with McDonald's and that isn't common knowledge.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked at McDonald’s for 2 years when I first left home, doing the close shifts. Genuinely the hardest job I’ve had but taught me so much about the working world. 
 

I think everyone should get a McJob when they’re younger as you learn a lot. 

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes, I'm well aware of the term. As I say, it's highly inaccurate in my own experience.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Bob Farley said:

I worked at McDonald’s for 2 years when I first left home, doing the close shifts. Genuinely the hardest job I’ve had but taught me so much about the working world. 
 

I think everyone should get a McJob when they’re younger as you learn a lot. 

lol really?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone’s picked up on it yet, but wouldn’t this also impact on the club’s plans for expansion? Not just in the concourse, but in the fan zone too. Especially if they’re planning on making the matchday experience a “day out” rather than a 3 hour visit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol really?

I worked in one for 1.5 years when I was 16/17.

 

Would also recommend to any young person, even if I do have my reservations about how unhealthy the food is.

 

Really not sure why people look down on it as a part time job.

 

I've worked in petrol stations, restaurants, bars and golf clubs as a youngster and had many a paper round. Golf club topped the lot to be honest, but Maccies sits second on my list of pre-working life work.

 

- Mega flexible

- Loads of shifts available when you need the money

- Great way of meeting new people (mid week nights when you've got like-minded people the same age on shift. Not so much on day time shifts or at weekends when you're working with full timers.)

- Flexible to the type of work you want. If you can't be arsed with customers, kitchen work. If you don't want the physicality of stocking and preparing food at speed, customer work 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Absolutely. The one thing the UK doesn’t need more of now is McDonald’s, support local businesses! 

Yep, the customers have to be coming from somewhere. They'll be taking business from other local places who may then in turn need to reduce staffing. So 65 jobs isn't quite as good as it sounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Drift said:

Yep, the customers have to be coming from somewhere. They'll be taking business from other local places who may then in turn need to reduce staffing. So 65 jobs isn't quite as good as it sounds.

I'm not sure that's true. I for example would not even consider eating at one of those burger vans near the ground or any of the restaurants near by (Nando's etc) and wait until I get home. However I would get a maccies if there was the option occasionally.

 

Also people only seem to be considering the impact on match days (19 days a year). It will be open for 346 days a year that are not match days, bringing in money and creating jobs. I just think any kind of investment a company wants to make in jobs and infrastructure at this time should be treated as good news.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Boom! 

 

Say what you like about McDonald's but they know what their customers want

 

Cracking news! 

 

Edit: Also glad to hear they're planning to close Tiger's Welford Road stadium. Good riddance! 

Yes. Diabetes & obesity.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Kevin Macdonald

Gary BigMac-alister

Matty Fries-att

David Nugget

Andy Feeley't'o-fish

Nicky (Beef) Pattynauer

Bruno Berger

Mark Bunn (On loan GK)

Cola Toure (Coach)

Craig Milkshakespeare (Coach / Manager)

Bruno Nu'ggeti

 

 

Far funnier than it should

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nod.E said:

I'm no health freak but I have been privy to enough scary conversations about just how bad for you McDonald's is that I put myself on a self-imposed lifetime ban last October.

 

I must have been in the top 10 or 20% in terms of regularity of visit beforehand. I really liked it, but it's not worth the health implications. I haven't struggled to go without and think more people should consider doing the same.

 

In a world that we shut down entire societies for the health reasons associated with Covid-19, I find it absolutely laughable that one (albeit large) company can't be shut down for health reasons, too. Covid is a flash in the pan in the grand scheme of things. Obesity and poor nutrition will continue to end lives early for years and years. More so without better regulation and with places like McDonald's allowed to sell poison by the boat load.

 

Without the numbers to back this up, I'm confident McDonald's over the period of its entire existence will have comfortably been responsible for more deaths than Coronavirus.

 

People in nutrition circles say if they could make any two things illegal it would be McDonald's and energy drinks. I don't drink them any more either.

We've got to die of something. Rather die happy with a cheeseburger and a lava apple pie in me gob.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...