Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I can’t recollect anyone mentioning my name in a post for quite some time. There’s been plenty of replies and bants
You DO mention my name on purpose to get a reaction. You’ve done it before I recollect

The strange thing this morning was that you did as I was making it abundantly clear that I was too hasty yesterday re Brendan.
If that’s not humility I don’t know what is

I can’t remember how many times I’ve laughed at my own expense about ‘as I said all along’ and ‘as I told you before’. See the ‘if you were Brendan’ thread.

I’m laughing... I do it on purpose ffs especially over Clattermole and Jay Thomas

Thats why I say sometimes the forum is too serious.

I must have said Dan Amartey seems a lovely fella at least 10 times. But, I chuck in a few wind ups too to balance things up

Eg... FFS don’t start Big Dan... etc 

Oh Col it became a joke because you did it so often. You're playing up to it because you've flipped opinion so often people don't know of you're serious or not. Doesn’t change the fact, that's what you do, switch your opinion to suit the narrative so you seem like you're always right. And I'm still not making stuff up about you am I, because it is what you do, and even if you are playing it for laughs now, its still true. On the other hand you've tried to to paint me as something I'm not in my actual life because I dared to call you out on your bullshit. I'll expect an apology in you reply.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Oh Col it became a joke because you did it so often. You're playing up to it because you've flipped opinion so often people don't know of you're serious or not. Doesn’t change the fact, that's what you do, switch your opinion to suit the narrative so you seem like you're always right. And I'm still not making stuff up about you am I, because it is what you do, and even if you are playing it for laughs now, its still true. On the other hand you've tried to to paint me as something I'm not in my actual life because I dared to call you out on your bullshit. I'll expect an apology in you reply.

There are some on here, thank the Lord, who know what I’m doing and when I’m doing it. You aren’t one of them BUT that doesn’t surprise me in the least

I’ll continue to add my own form of banter to the forum, interspersed with some serious posts.

eg the former... Big Dan should be playing volleyball, not football 

the latter... Big Dan is at best a decent squad CB

I’ll await the next time you call me out, whilst in the meantime imagining what type of anorak you might wear? I’m going for a blue duffle coat with Cambiasso on the back? JUST my imagination running riot again... I’m NOT saying you do... 

🤔

Edited by Col city fan

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

There are some on here, thank the Lord, who know what I’m doing and when I’m doing it. You aren’t one of them BUT that doesn’t surprise me in the least

I’ll continue to add my own form of banter to the forum, interspersed with some serious posts.

I’ll await the next time you call me out. 

I know when you're doing, that's why I don't, as you seem to think, call you out on it all the time. There are times whens its very obvious you've made one claim pre match and flipped it post match to make you seem clever.

I reference Hodgson again. You backed him on appointment and when it went wrong claimed you never thought he was any good. Now for all the obvious "banter" you try, there are many occasions where you try to claim you've always thought a certain way if that happens to make you look correct in the present.

And Big Dan was another one actually. Numerous posters saw his worth, thought he could be a useful squad member. I've actually been calling for him to be tried at CB for about 3.5 years. You wanted him gone, thought he was useless, had no place or future here. Now you're saying you always thought he was a centre back. I'm sorry that's not you bantering like you do with Cattermole etc, that's you pretending you said something other than the rather extreme opinion you held about him and his place here.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ll await the next time you call me out, whilst in the meantime imagining what type of anorak you might wear? I’m going for a blue duffle coat with Cambiasso on the back? JUST my imagination running riot again...

🤔

amartey.jpg

• Thanks 1

Absolutely bossed the first half. I was so impressed with Mendy and we absolutely should have been 2-0 up and probably easily managed the game from there. For me, it shows that Rodgers got the line-up and tactics spot on and had our reserve team playing some very composed and impressive stuff, against a Palace side that were dead set on not conceding and putting everyone behind the ball, which is never easy to play against. 

I think Rodgers must have been scratching his head as to why the same players came out and completely conceded the game to Palace 2nd half. I don't blame him for delaying making changes either, as Palace posed no real threat, although they had more of the ball. Tielemans was the right call to bring on pre-Palace goal, as we needed to regain composure in the middle,  however a lapse in concentration at the back and a shot that you'd expect Kasper to save, undid us. Rodgers then had to act, and did, with bringing on Vardy and that got us back into the game and we probably had the chances to win it too. 

So no complaints from me on team selection, as each change was explained and the thinking behind Vardy was also justified IMO. Just a shame that Iheanacho had a stinker and hopefully the best thing to come out of this game, will be a real push to sign a striker in January. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agree. Saying we are second after a bad result is deflection tbh. . Especially as you said that a number of teams got a game or 2 in hand over us. 

Everton didn't play so we are second by default. United cam overtake us tonight. 

We are second.....its a fact......we might not be, that's a fact, but for now we are second.....Man City will probably beat Everton, Wolves likely to get  a point at United......we might still be second.....lost one in five.....played 3 of the top 5 in those games.....already beaten Spurs, Arsenal. Man City, Wolves, drawn with Man United......but it is impossible to argue with it, we are second.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

As disappointing as it is to have rejected yet another opportunity to consolidate in the top 4, perhaps we should instead consider that, following the defeat by Everton, most here would probably have been happy at the prospect of 5 points from Spurs, United and Palace.

For me, if we beat Newcastle then it is in fact a very good holiday period. Despite the frustration of the palace game 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Absolutely bossed the first half. I was so impressed with Mendy and we absolutely should have been 2-0 up and probably easily managed the game from there. For me, it shows that Rodgers got the line-up and tactics spot on and had our reserve team playing some very composed and impressive stuff, against a Palace side that were dead set on not conceding and putting everyone behind the ball, which is never easy to play against. 

I think Rodgers must have been scratching his head as to why the same players came out and completely conceded the game to Palace 2nd half. I don't blame him for delaying making changes either, as Palace posed no real threat, although they had more of the ball. Tielemans was the right call to bring on pre-Palace goal, as we needed to regain composure in the middle,  however a lapse in concentration at the back and a shot that you'd expect Kasper to save, undid us. Rodgers then had to act, and did, with bringing on Vardy and that got us back into the game and we probably had the chances to win it too. 

So no complaints from me on team selection, as each change was explained and the thinking behind Vardy was also justified IMO. Just a shame that Iheanacho had a stinker and hopefully the best thing to come out of this game, will be a real push to sign a striker in January. 

I agree with much of that but think he got the roles for Perez and Iheanacho wrong, the former was isolated out wide and Nacho needs a role playing off someone a little deeper, not leading upfront as such. 

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Loved the way we poured forward after equalising looking for a winner. That's  what good teams do. To say they were praying for the final whistle is an understatement 

Better teams do it when the chips are down and not just when they get bailed out by a bit of class from one player :D

Imagine we played with that tempo straight after Palace scored.

"ai ai caaaalm down lads!" as harry enfield used to say lol. Otherwise the admins will have to set up a virtual bike sheds so you can go behind it and clobber each other. Joking aside we're all passionate fans. It's healthy that we're getting riled up over a disappointing draw while still 2nd in the table and strong in Europe. but things can change in a heart beat and none of us want to get off this ride. Its brilliant and we want more success - nothing wrong in that. Rogers and players will learn to take it - call it tough love. Let's respect each other's opinions and agree to disagree without getting personal. :chant:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I agree with much of that but think he got the roles for Perez and Iheanacho wrong, the former was isolated out wide and Nacho needs a role playing off someone a little deeper, not leading upfront as such. 

Shame Under wasn't fit, as I think he would have been amazing on the right and I think would have given us that extra spark we needed in the 2nd half. 

Agree on Perez. He should only be put out wide if we don't have an alternative (not Gray!) He is so much stronger in the centre. If we don't sign a striker to replace Iheanacho next month, then perhaps as you suggested, Iheanacho behind Perez, would be a better alternative, when we are missing Vardy. New signing would be best option IMO though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

I made the mistake of looking at their social media profiles about 4 years ago. 
I didn’t need to see anymore to conclude my opinion was bang on and unless they have both had a personality transplant,I very much doubt there would be much of a marked change. 

If we judged everyone by their social media profiles we’d all be total self indulged willy pullers

As a manager you play in a certain way and pick your team. You hope your team can control the game, while creating chances and limiting your opponents.

Football fortunatly carries an element of luck, without it, it would be dull and predictable with the best team winning all the time.

Yesterdays team was perfectly good enough to have won comfortably, we missed chances and they scored from a position 9 out of 10 times you won't.

We're not perfect but not too bad either, I would have hoped we would have created more with the overall play we had.

I can't help but watch Villa and think Grealish is exactly what we're missing at the moment.

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Shame Under wasn't fit, as I think he would have been amazing on the right and I think would have given us that extra spark we needed in the 2nd half. 

Agree on Perez. He should only be put out wide if we don't have an alternative (not Gray!) He is so much stronger in the centre. If we don't sign a striker to replace Iheanacho next month, then perhaps as you suggested, Iheanacho behind Perez, would be a better alternative, when we are missing Vardy. New signing would be best option IMO though. 

I agree, was really hoping to see Under and had a conversation with a mate before saying I thought Perez would play more advanced with Iheanacho behind but was wrong.

6 hours ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I didn’t have a problem with the team selection yesterday.It was clear the game should have been put to bed in the first half.Kasper shouldn’t get beaten at such a tight angle,and kelechi should take a proper penalty and not a stupid stuttered run up penalty.

BR should ban pens like that IMO.

I agree there was no problem with the team selection.  We completely bossed the first half.  The only problem is that we were woefully lacking in goalscoring backup to Vardy. If you look at the other top teams it's where we really lose out to them.  I can't see any solution from within our current squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deep blue said:

I agree there was no problem with the team selection.  We completely bossed the first half.  The only problem is that we were woefully lacking in goalscoring backup to Vardy. If you look at the other top teams it's where we really lose out to them.  I can't see any solution from within our current squad.

No you’re right.I think Kelechi has had enough chances to prove himself.

We need a top quality striker to back up,or even play alongside Vardy.

I think the Celtic guy Odsoune Eduorrd(if that’s how you spell it)Would fit the bill and wouldn’t be stupid money.

3 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

As a manager you play in a certain way and pick your team. You hope your team can control the game, while creating chances and limiting your opponents.

Football fortunatly carries an element of luck, without it, it would be dull and predictable with the best team winning all the time.

Yesterdays team was perfectly good enough to have won comfortably, we missed chances and they scored from a position 9 out of 10 times you won't.

We're not perfect but not too bad either, I would have hoped we would have created more with the overall play we had.

I can't help but watch Villa and think Grealish is exactly what we're missing at the moment.

I agree with most of that. I generally like BR and think he's a good fit for the club. One thing i think he could improve on I would say  judging by what happens often after half time is his half time talks could be improved. Hodgson said his talk was apoplectic so it should have been. BR is not naturally an emotional type and the team played well first half (v.a poor team) but he could have been a bit apoplectic too. He should have been quite emotional about bossing the half and failing to score. I hope he took the chance while he was at it to tell Nacho I don't want those sort of penalties again and made sure the rest of the penalty takers were listening. Run up normally on a line with the centre of the goal and hit it almost as hard as you can for the corner of the net you fancy. I also hoped the changes would mean we scored from a corner at last. No ,still that "Southgate huddle". A final piece of advice might have been "They'll have had a rollicking. Watch out for the first twenty minutes" A good talking too might have had us playing as we did in the final twenty minutes. for the whole 2nd half.  Maybe he could have said I'm sending Vardy on after ten minutes and if I have to do that I'm going to be very annoyed. Anything to get the tempo up. 

'course  I'm only guessing.but I suspect he was out talked by Hodgson, which given Hodgson should n't happen. Too much well played lads and not enough "Good stuff lads. Why have n't you scored at least a couple."

On 29/12/2020 at 01:20, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Soyuncu and Ricardo will feel like two new signings.

Our starting line up at Palace would walk The Championship.

A point takes us second in the PL - in a season where we've been ravaged by first team injuries and also into the UEL KO stages - and that's your take???

Spot on, Stan. Villa have played fewer PL games than us and haven't had six UEL games (inc travelling abroad).

Seriously pathetic at times.

Frustrating not to win but at times our fans are embarrassing. 

I'd have taken 5pts from Spurs, ManU and Palace all day long, especially when the latter two were 48 hours apart.

Swap the Spurs and Palace results around - same number of points - and we'd be happy, right?

...swap the teams around for Man. United and Palace, gets us 1 point more!!!

• Like 1