Jump to content
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, jim5000 said:

I can't wait for the day that Pereira is back in the match day squad, let alone fully fit. James Justin has stepped into the role and grown throughout the season but Pereira is a class above and can unlock defences on his own.

 

If we can get him and Castagne both on the pitch, fully match fit, for the second half of the season it would be transformational.

 

Ricardo seems to be training again, hopefully back mid-January.

I've been trying to think of any usable formations in which RP, TC AND JJ can play...

 

        Kasper
    JJ    LW    Caglar
RP     Ndidi        Timmy C
            YT
   Madderz    Barnes
          Vardy

 

:dunno:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhillippaT said:

I've been trying to think of any usable formations in which RP, TC AND JJ can play...

 

        Kasper
    JJ    LW    Caglar
RP     Ndidi        Timmy C
            YT
   Madderz    Barnes
          Vardy

 

:dunno:

How about 4-2-3-1 - with JJ and TC fullbacks and RP at right wing? That excites me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MonmoreStef said:

Be annoyed if the game is off given we’ve chosen to go with a weaker team mid week, understandably with two days rest,  and would be expected to benefit from that on Sunday against a team playing tonight. 

Would be ironic if cancelled after 2 points avoidably dropped at Palace.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jerry said:

Would be ironic if cancelled after 2 points avoidably dropped at Palace.

Players were rested because of niggles and the risk of injury that comes from the demands of playing 2 games in such a short period of time (especially with several not long back from injuries). 

 

It would be great if we play Newcastle with our first 11 fully rested especially as their game against Liverpool will likely have taken a lot out of them, but even if we'd have known of a possibility of a break after I'd still question risking our key players with injuries by playing them twice in 2 days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Statistically the worst attacking team in the league, yet 14th in the league and sitting comfortable in the table. It's pretty obvious what they're gonna do so we need our more creative players to break them down with our full backs offering width all game. 

134749519_229719168667462_7792030685060766584_n.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as we don't fluff our chances in front of goal (like liverpool) and we start on the front foot with high intensity Newcastle won't be able to handle the heat. The longer the game goes 0-0 the more likely they will try to defend for the point. We've been here before it's time to finish teams like newcastle off without mercy in the 1st half. COYF

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 07:55, Kevin Russell said:

How about 4-2-3-1 - with JJ and TC fullbacks and RP at right wing? That excites me!

 

I'd like to see that used against Liverpool🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 06:45, PhillippaT said:

I've been trying to think of any usable formations in which RP, TC AND JJ can play...

 

        Kasper
    JJ    LW    Caglar
RP     Ndidi        Timmy C
            YT
   Madderz    Barnes
          Vardy

 

:dunno:

Evans makes the team better.  

 

There are a number of good players on the bench!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 01:47, jim5000 said:

I can't wait for the day that Pereira is back in the match day squad, let alone fully fit. James Justin has stepped into the role and grown throughout the season but Pereira is a class above and can unlock defences on his own.

 

If we can get him and Castagne both on the pitch, fully match fit, for the second half of the season it would be transformational.

 

Ricardo seems to be training again, hopefully back mid-January.

Justin's performances this last month or so have been every bit as good as the majority of what Ricardo has displayed for us. I love Ricardo, but let's not pretend he is night and day better than Justin or Castagne because the stats for goals and assists aren't that much different. We are very fortunate we have 4 full backs (Thomas included) that are a threat going forward and we are very strong in that regard. I cannot wait to see Ricardo back involved and he now has real competition to improve his goals and assists, which he likely is capable of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin's performances this last month or so have been every bit as good as the majority of what Ricardo has displayed for us. I love Ricardo, but let's not pretend he is night and day better than Justin or Castagne because the stats for goals and assists aren't that much different. We are very fortunate we have 4 full backs (Thomas included) that are a threat going forward and we are very strong in that regard. I cannot wait to see Ricardo back involved and he now has real competition to improve his goals and assists, which he likely is capable of.

Justin is amazing. He's not quite got the goal threat on him that Ricardo has had yet. He's also shone because he's played as a full back/wing back in a back five much of the time, which has allowed him to get forward and look good doing it. Much of Ricardo's shining career with us to date has been him getting forward (and back) in a back four and still producing assists and goals. I'm not saying by any means that Justin is not yet fit to lace his boots and may well turn out to be an even better player, but for me (hopefully Ric comes back in the same type of form) Ric remains the better defender and the greater goal threat. If we go back to four at the back most of the time I see Justin being rotated with Castagne and Ricardo for the remainder of the season. I realise this is not drastically different to what you have written Ric, but I think people when they see Ricardo back in action will remember very quickly what a talent he is...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 01:50, jim5000 said:

When even Big Wes needs a scarf you know it's cold!

Cags got a Tom Baker, (Doctor Who) type scarf wrapped around his todger to keep it warm 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

             KS
    JJ  WF JE  TC
            WN
      CU YT  HB
           JM 
          Vardy

 

I'd like to see the above against Newcastle with Ricardo getting a run out for JJ for the final 30 mins. I'd also like to see Under start but know it will be Albrighton (which is probably the right decision right now). I'd like to see Madders behind Vardy - roaming and occupying space wherever the **** he likes. I'd be quite happy to see Soyunco get half an hour too for Jonny Evans but know he'll get subbed for Fofana, sadly! (probably also the correct decision.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Justin's performances this last month or so have been every bit as good as the majority of what Ricardo has displayed for us. I love Ricardo, but let's not pretend he is night and day better than Justin or Castagne because the stats for goals and assists aren't that much different. We are very fortunate we have 4 full backs (Thomas included) that are a threat going forward and we are very strong in that regard. I cannot wait to see Ricardo back involved and he now has real competition to improve his goals and assists, which he likely is capable of.

Calm down now, Ricardo is one of the few players we could claim are world class,Justin has been good but to say what he's done is equal to Ricardo is very wrong, Justin is very raw, excellent defending but his attacking work is Abit patchy, Ricardo is the complete package

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shailen said:

Statistically the worst attacking team in the league, yet 14th in the league and sitting comfortable in the table. It's pretty obvious what they're gonna do so we need our more creative players to break them down with our full backs offering width all game. 

134749519_229719168667462_7792030685060766584_n.jpg

5-0 Newcastle then. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, majaco said:

Evans makes the team better.  

 

There are a number of good players on the bench!

I wrote that before he'd signed his new contract - just to be sure! ;) :D :P 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

As long as we don't fluff our chances in front of goal (like liverpool) and we start on the front foot with high intensity Newcastle won't be able to handle the heat. The longer the game goes 0-0 the more likely they will try to defend for the point. We've been here before it's time to finish teams like newcastle off without mercy in the 1st half. COYF

.. the longer the game stays at 0 - 0, the more positive Newcastle will be and the more negative we will become!!!

  Unless we score quickly when we are in the ascendancy the more likely we would be to get the result that we want. Should we fail to score, as usual we will run out of ideas and no one will be able to see where a likely goal will be coming from.

  Just looking at the Palace game, they were going through the motions in the first half, we failed to take advantage and they begun to believe in themselves again.

  We do not look too good when we are continually pressed and not so sharp when trying to expose a "low block ".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. the longer the game stays at 0 - 0, the more positive Newcastle will be and the more negative we will become!!!

  Unless we score quickly when we are in the ascendancy the more likely we would be to get the result that we want. Should we fail to score, as usual we will run out of ideas and no one will be able to see where a likely goal will be coming from.

  Just looking at the Palace game, they were going through the motions in the first half, we failed to take advantage and they begun to believe in themselves again.

  We do not look too good when we are continually pressed and not so sharp when trying to expose a "low block ".

 


When we play teams at that level we really need to go in at HT a goal up at least, because the second half always seems like a battle, even more so as the clock ticks on. 
 

I said before the penalty, probably after 10-15 mins of us dominating that it’s going to be one of those days, it happens far too often. The better teams usually kill a team off after a having such control of the first half.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mawuli said:

Calm down now, Ricardo is one of the few players we could claim are world class,Justin has been good but to say what he's done is equal to Ricardo is very wrong, Justin is very raw, excellent defending but his attacking work is Abit patchy, Ricardo is the complete package

I love Ricardo but his goals and assists aren't that impressive given we all believe he is world class.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...