Has never really looked the same since the backlash after the Liverpool game.

He lags behind the pressing of N'Didi and doesn't have the passing style of Mendy. He sails close to the wind with his aggression too.

He would be an option for the bottom half of Premier League but just is slightly off the top end.

Be a good time to cash in.

I'm a bit confused with the mention of KDH coming back or getting into the team next year and Hamza going out.

Hamza is only a year older but has been part of the first team for some time now. Is the consensus that KDH has a higher ceiling or what? I don't understand the thinking here, long or short term. Is Hamza wanting out?

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm a bit confused with the mention of KDH coming back or getting into the team next year and Hamza going out.

Hamza is only a year older but has been part of the first team for some time now. Is the consensus that KDH has a higher ceiling or what? I don't understand the thinking here, long or short term. Is Hamza wanting out?

Different type of player. KDH is being touted for use as a back up to Youri, while Hamza unfortunately doesn't really have that clear place in the team right now. He's still very useful as an option - hence Brendan not keen on just letting him go - but he's not going to get regular game time with us. He's at a different stage of his career to KDH now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'd imagine it's more to do with positional preference; Hamza is more to break up play and recycle the ball, whereas KDH offers a more creative, attacking option. Praet, while offering both as a versatile player, tends more towards the attacking end and we have enough depth defensively in the midfield for now.

Just my two cents!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Think BR has had a look at Hamza over the last 18 months and may have come to the conclusion that he hasn't the skill set to work in our system (that's not to say he couldn't be effective elsewhere). Perhaps the opportunity to bring KDH into the 1st team squad gives BR half a season to establish whether or not he feels he can make the necessary step up.

Edited by MGLCFC
On 11/01/2021 at 15:32, Happy Fox said:

He’s a good player we have outgrown him but he can hold his own at a lower end premier league club same as Schlupp.

This is the fact of the matter. He's great at what he does, but our system under Rodgers requires players in those positions to be able to contribute to our attack. There's not much wrong with Hamza's performances (ignoring the odd pass), but there's also not much praise you can give either. We're beyond needing players that can 'do a job'.

21 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Some players want to play, no issue with that. We'll see this more and more whereby we trade a player out and someone similar will come in. The fans will say it's pointless, but with a squad full of decent talent, fringe players will want to move on more and more. 

• Like 1
On 08/01/2021 at 12:16, coolhandfox said:

BR will drive them personally to Burnley for that amount I'd imagine.

Burnley wouldn't make it a condition of the sale that BR chauffers them both to Turf Moor. I know they are tight but if they're forking out £25 mill I'm sure a tank of petrol won't make a difference.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sorry but this is BS. He is technically good, high end Championship level, and thats not even his strong suit. We are spoilt with the players we have in the centre of the park right now and Hamza doesn't quite match up, that doesn't make him a 'kicker' or 'Technically league one level'. We play a style of football that is not suited to everyone, if we were playing like a Burnley or Palace then Hamza would be a good option and arguably better than Youri or Praet for that style of play.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm sure we can circle back to this in a few years and see how he's looking.

As I say, I think his engine is premier league class but technically he's probably league one, it balances out to make a championship player. If he is high end championship technically with his phsyical attributes then he'll be playing regular Premier league football in a couple of seasons.

I'll think back to this post and go "ahh...that guy who said hamza is a better player than I give him credit for was spot on". I'll probably mention it in a thread that's been started by Col City Fan saying that he always said we should never have let him go.

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Sorry but this is BS. He is technically good, high end Championship level, and thats not even his strong suit. We are spoilt with the players we have in the centre of the park right now and Hamza doesn't quite match up, that doesn't make him a 'kicker' or 'Technically league one level'. We play a style of football that is not suited to everyone, if we were playing like a Burnley or Palace then Hamza would be a good option and arguably better than Youri or Praet for that style of play.

I don't agree. Unless your his mother, I can't see how labelling him a championship level player is particularly harsh. As it stands that's all I've seen in his game. Mobile, aggressive, relatively composed, but not remotely creative. He's a poor man's Savage as far as I'm concerned. That's my final offer.

11 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I don't agree. Unless your his mother, I can't see how labelling him a championship level player is particularly harsh. As it stands that's all I've seen in his game. Mobile, aggressive, relatively composed, but not remotely creative. He's a poor man's Savage as far as I'm concerned. That's my final offer.

...i am not sure lack of creativity renders him a Championship player!!!

You need a base to build on, and a solid Midfield Player gives you the platform where you can then add the creativity and flair in order to balance the team. You can't say that Ndidi is creative but that does not consign him to being Championship standards.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...i am not sure lack of creativity renders him a Championship player!!!

You need a base to build on, and a solid Midfield Player gives you the platform where you can then add the creativity and flair in order to balance the team. You can't say that Ndidi is creative but that does not consign him to being Championship standards.

Okay I need to clarify. When I say creative I'm not talking Pirlo, Xavi, Youri. I just mean a capacity to use the ball progressively. To pick a pass out that creates space & momentum for the team. I haven't seen it, as I don't think he particularly has it. However I do think Wilf plays more progressive now and is a better passer already than Hamza.

12 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Okay I need to clarify. When I say creative I'm not talking Pirlo, Xavi, Youri. I just mean a capacity to use the ball progressively. To pick a pass out that creates space & momentum for the team. I haven't seen it, as I don't think he particularly has it. However I do think Wilf plays more progressive now and is a better passer already than Hamza.

...Hamza can progress the play and has the ability to pick a pass!!!

As a replacement in the Midfield he becomes the defensive element, winning the ball and recycling to the creative members in the team, it is what he is there for, you would be frustrated if he is attempting to play speculative passes (Tielemans does it and gives it away on occasions) it is not what he is there for.

Still believe he needs to go and develop at another club, as all he will be asked to do here would be to destroy and disrupt, there is a lot more to his game.

• Like 1