Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

If this isn't a journalist copy writing a Samsung notes voice recording off his agent then I'd be very surprised. This is clearly a tactic to alert clubs to Tavares situation, but the news we still haven't even tried to get him to sign a new deal since last seasons stand off is astonishing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If this isn't a journalist copy writing a Samsung notes voice recording off his agent then I'd be very surprised. This is clearly a tactic to alert clubs to Tavares situation, but the news we still haven't even tried to get him to sign a new deal since last seasons stand off is astonishing. 

I’ve not seen a great deal of him, however I though he looked fairly lively in flashes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sly said:

I’ve not seen a great deal of him, however I though he looked fairly lively in flashes. 

He's excellent. The game comes easy to him, got that nonchalant and effortless technique and ability that Pogba has, but obviously this hasn't yet been tested in proper first team senior football. 

• Like 2

What do you do when a player and his agent have an opinion of himself that is greater than that of the club?

We should know by the time they are 18 if they are cut out for professional football. If not then they should be sold or let go to make space for new prospects.

If Hamza leaves I wonder if Tavares will be his replacement. Can’t see us going the rest of the season with only Tielemans, Ndidi & Mendy. Praet can also play CM of course but Brendan is playing him further forward.

Edit: Just saw Matty James is back from his loan. Guess he will take Hamza’s place instead, goodbye Sidnei! lol

Edited by Shane

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

If Hamza leaves I wonder if Tavares will be his replacement. Can’t see us going the rest of the season with only Tielemans, Ndidi & Mendy. Praet can also play CM of course but Brendan is playing him further forward.

Edit: Just saw Matty James is back from his loan. Guess he will take Hamza’s place instead, goodbye Sidnei! lol

Keep up @Shane Matty's gone out on loan again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Somethings in life will never be answered such as is there life out there somewhere? Or why is there a video of Waseleski scoring a pretty s*** freekick in an old training clip at the bottom of that article about Tavares? 

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1

As for Tavares it sounds like he's a bit of a maverick who has massive self belief and is a bit cocky perhaps? Can't imagine that going down well with personalities such as Rodgers, Rudkin and certain members in our squad. 

Maybe I'm reading between the lines here but if he really is that good then surely we got to throw him in the deep end and give him the chance to 'walk the walk'. 

You never really want to hear about a player giving the kind of demands that he is rumoured to be asking for. That being said, if he is as good as people make him out to be there really isn't any harm in getting him involved in the FA cup game. I'm sure it's really difficult for the club to manage as they will not want to lose him, but they won't want to disrespect other players by putting him on in their place. Either way, hope we can find a resolution.

2 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

is he even good?

Yeah. But the club aren't happy with him making demands.

Academy players make demands because they don't see much first team action. Club doesn't want to be bossed around by academy players. Bren and the club is focused on a CL place instead of blooding in academy players and maybe dropping points.

I reckon he'll go, become shit hot, and we'll regret.

We're in a catch 22. Academy players need first team games. CL fixture congestion gives us this opportunity. But if we play academy player we'll drop points and probably not make the CL.

I still don't know why Bren doesn't put the odd u23 on the bench and give them 5 mins at the end of a game we're winning. Then the academy players won't make these demands--they'll see there's always an opportunity.

• Like 3

Assuming the FA cup game v Stoke is still on, his inclusion / exclusion in the squad will be a good indicator of his future at the club.  I would think with Hamza potentially going on loan, and KDH staying at Luton (probably) that might open up a slot for him to potentially come into the the team. 

If it doesn't happen this weekend, I think we might be saying goodbye to him though...