Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting how people view this, if Maddison was refusing to play because he felt he deserved a pay rise or a move to Man U. People would have the pitchforks out and be ready to burn him at the stake.

Not the same, though, is it. Tav is clearly playing in a league below him. And we can help rectify that, through the loan system, first team training and possibly some minutes here and there. The fact we haven't is troubling. His behaviour (or the behaviour of his representatives) doesn't seem good at all and I can see why it's caused a lot of friction. Yet I find it difficult to believe there's not some compromise we can achieve, or something we could have done, so both sides don't lose face. That seems to be the academy's job. Obviously we'd need to know more about what was said and done to really know if this is a impossible situation for the club.

Edited by Foxxed

20 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Did you watch the game yesterday? Dennis pulled his hamstring quite badly.  I'd imagine 6 weeks before he can start  proper training again, we seem to have been super cautious recently with returns so wouldn't be surprised if it's longer. 

Yes, I did, and no, you can't assume that based on how it looked.  Sometimes a mild strain can look a lot worse, and be a two-week injury.  Until we hear something from the club it's pointless to assume the worst.

Another thing to not just dismiss this is a player with a bad attitude and nobody should ever question the club is that it's a highly volatile and uncertain future for unproven players given the financial problems brought on by the pandemic. It took Gyfami nearly 6 months to get a club and it could have massively backfired than the security of a well paid contract from a good Premier League club. Tavares is seemingly backing himself to leave the club and area he has grown up at for over 10 years because he believes in his ability and that he is being held back here. Brave or stupid? I'm sure the fans who refuse to believe the club ever do anything wrong are the same sorts of prats at Man City who thought Sancho was out of order for daring to refuse a new deal there. We will regret this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yes, I did, and no, you can't assume that based on how it looked.  Sometimes a mild strain can look a lot worse, and be a two-week injury.  Until we hear something from the club it's pointless to assume the worst.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull up like that and it be a mild strain but time will tell. 

34 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull up like that and it be a mild strain but time will tell. 

...some people have a lesser pain threshold than others...so the reaction is not something to gauge the seriousness of the injury on!!!

Heskey used to go down and stay down in most cases and it only warranted the " magic sponge" and re-assurance from the physio for him to resume the game.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...some people have a lesser pain threshold than others...so the reaction is not something to gauge the seriousness of the injury on!!!

Heskey used to go down and stay down in most cases and it only warranted the " magic sponge" and re-assurance from the physio for him to resume the game.

This isn't about pain threshold. He's got a hamstring injury and won't be able to run properly for weeks.

There was zero chance Praet was going to play on.

1 minute ago, Frost said:

This isn't about pain threshold. He's got a hamstring injury and won't be able to run properly for weeks.

There was zero chance Praet was going to play on.

...there is a dispute as to the level of the injury, being evaluated by the reaction of the player!!!

I am saying you cannot judge the degree of the injury in this manner. The initial pain for some could lead that player to attempt to continue his motion and some players would go instantly to the floor.

Maddison recently impacted his knee and laid on the floor with his hand over his face, and supporters naturally feared the worse, only for him to come off the pitch and come back on again in order to continue the game.

We are aware it is a hamstring injury but the extent that it is can only be evaluated by the medical team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is a dispute as to the level of the injury, being evaluated by the reaction of the player!!!

I am saying you cannot judge the degree of the injury in this manner. The initial pain for some could lead that player to attempt to continue his motion and some players would go instantly to the floor.

Maddison recently impacted his knee and laid on the floor with his hand over his face, and supporters naturally feared the worse, only for him to come off the pitch and come back on again in order to continue the game.

We are aware it is a hamstring injury but the extent that it is can only be evaluated by the medical team.

But the Maddison situation is not comparable. Have you ever seen a player pull up with a hamstring injury (the same motion as Praet) and play on? There's an outside chance he's only tweaked it, but again it's unlikely. It's a common injury with common outcomes, unfortunately for us. There is also no similarity between Emile Heskey going down easily or only requiring a 'magic sponge'...

3 minutes ago, Frost said:

But the Maddison situation is not comparable. Have you ever seen a player pull up with a hamstring injury (the same motion as Praet) and play on? There's an outside chance he's only tweaked it, but again it's unlikely. It's a common injury with common outcomes, unfortunately for us. There is also no similarity between Emile Heskey going down easily or only requiring a 'magic sponge'...

....exactly, we don't know, until the Medics evaluate!!!

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Unfortunately if it true, once any player refuses to play, there isn't really a way back for them at a club.

Generally refusing to do as your employer ask, isn't a good idea.

Interesting how people view this, if Maddison was refusing to play because he felt he deserved a pay rise or a move to Man U. People would have the pitchforks out and be ready to burn him at the stake.

I'd be prepared to compromise and just burn his transparent Louis Vuitton kit handbag. 

5 hours ago, mazarron fox said:

And you know he is premier league standard how exactly? You want him in the team but the club don’t certainly at the moment and I would sooner back their judgment than the likes of yours. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? He may well be talented he may also be disruptive a poor trainer , won’t listen and think he’s bigger than his team mates and the club. Maybe as you know so much about him you can throw some light on his day to day attitude. There has been plenty of players who are incredibly talented but ultimately can’t grasp the concept of teamwork thinking they are bigger than the team they play for Balotelli for one. Let the club deal with it as they know the player a lot better than you do 

I really  agree that we don't  know  what's going on  behind the scenes, but sidnei Tavares looks a calm kid, let's op for the best for club and player.  But I think  the kid its really talented player 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They have no responsibility or obligation, Wymsey. There's even an argument that really, as fun as it is for us to hear rumours, they could actually be damaging the club by leaking them and we shouldn't encourage it. 

At the end of the day though, they should spend in their leisure time in a manner they enjoy and I don't think many people enjoy getting dogs abuse constantly on the Internet. 

So if he doesn't want to do it anymore then God bless him. Fair play. 

I've actually been given a further update on Sidnei from a well known poster on here, who doesn't mind me sharing. He's held talks with an Italian club in the last couple of days but others are interested. There is one particular first team coach who has got quite close to Tavares and is very angry that the club haven't backed down and aggrivated this breakdown in relationship with player and agent. There's been no new contract offer and Beaglehole has been largely uninvolved in the lack of U23 football for Tavares, the club have led on that front. Seems its a formality that he leaves either this month or the summer.

Really frustrating. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've actually been given a further update on Sidnei from a well known poster on here, who doesn't mind me sharing. He's held talks with an Italian club in the last couple of days but others are interested. There is one particular first team coach who has got quite close to and is very angry that the club haven't backed down and aggrivated this breakdown in relationship with player and agent. There's been no new contract offer and Beaglehole has been largely uninvolved in the lack of U23 football for Tavares, the club have led on that front. Seems its a formality that he leaves either this month or the summer.

Really frustrating. 

"The club has lead on that front"? I thought Tav refused to play. How is the club involved?

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've actually been given a further update on Sidnei from a well known poster on here, who doesn't mind me sharing. He's held talks with an Italian club in the last couple of days but others are interested. There is one particular first team coach who has got quite close to Tavares and is very angry that the club haven't backed down and aggrivated this breakdown in relationship with player and agent. There's been no new contract offer and Beaglehole has been largely uninvolved in the lack of U23 football for Tavares, the club have led on that front. Seems its a formality that he leaves either this month or the summer.

Really frustrating. 

First poster name that sprung to mind on who gave you this update, given it's young players, was @Thracian..

Doubt it was him though (?)..:whistle:

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2021 at 13:29, coolhandfox said:

At 19 Tavares has made 1 app for Portugal U19 since he debut in 2018

Foden made he debut for England U21 at 18, and has played 15 times, by the age of 20.

If Tavares is such a teen sensation surely he would be playing on a regular basis for Portugal u21 or played more for the u19?

Why don't you  compare sidnei Tavares with Leicester city  best academy  players ; and Leicester city young players  around same age  both from leicester city  like  Fofana  who it's around 10 months older. End of the day it's all about Leicester city development  this young  youth  I think 

39 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Why don't you  compare sidnei Tavares with Leicester city  best academy  players ; and Leicester city young players  around same age  both from leicester city  like  Fofana  who it's around 10 months older. End of the day it's all about Leicester city development  this young  youth  I think 

I was replying to someone esle who referenced and compared him to Foden.

Edited by coolhandfox

43 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just to play a bit of devil’s advocate here, is there a case of short term pain for long term gain her from the club.

By refusing to give in to the demands of Tavares, do the club send a message to all of the other youngsters and agents at the club, both presently and in the future that we will not be held to ransom by agents. When we are willing to let a good prospect go, rather than meet what the club obviously see as unreasonable demands, we send a clear message to everyone else and this puts us in a better negotiating place for all future contracts. 

Not if he ends up becoming a top top world class player, we'd be a laughing stock. 

9 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just to play a bit of devil’s advocate here, is there a case of short term pain for long term gain her from the club.

By refusing to give in to the demands of Tavares, do the club send a message to all of the other youngsters and agents at the club, both presently and in the future that we will not be held to ransom by agents. When we are willing to let a good prospect go, rather than meet what the club obviously see as unreasonable demands, we send a clear message to everyone else and this puts us in a better negotiating place for all future contracts. 

Largely agree but this assumes there isn’t a way to save face for both sides.

I hope the club learns from this anyway. It sounds like we could have dealt with things better, from dealing with agents, players expectations to first team action for academy players.