Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

The club are usually correct on who they keep or release, i can’t think of a young player we have let go who didn’t break into the first team but then went on to much greater things (I may be wrong) I don’t know a lot about Tavares and his agents but we run a steady ship and not sure if we give in to one lad (is he THAT good) we could be opening the door for a lot of trouble in the future.

Has anyone seen him play? Also watching the young academy players of Derby & Leeds at the weekend the gulf between first team players and them was plain to see..

Just my opinions folks... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

The club are usually correct on who they keep or release, i can’t think of a young player we have let go who didn’t break into the first team but then went on to much greater things (I may be wrong) I don’t know a lot about Tavares and his agents but we run a steady ship and not sure if we give in to one lad (is he THAT good) we could be opening the door for a lot of trouble in the future.

Has anyone seen him play? Also watching the young academy players of Derby & Leeds at the weekend the gulf between first team players and them was plain to see..

I watched the U18's 6 times last season with my son and he was way too good for that level. He's evidently got huge ability, he was the jewel of the academy staff through the ages and as a well known poster has informed me, there are first team staff that are very annoyed with the breakdown of the relationship between player/agent and club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

This and some Newquay been trying to say this but some on here think they know better than the club 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I watched the U18's 6 times last season with my son and he was way too good for that level. He's evidently got huge ability, he was the jewel of the academy staff through the ages and as a well known poster has informed me, there are first team staff that are very annoyed with the breakdown of the relationship between player/agent and club.

surely if 1st team coaches are interested, then they go and have a chat. explain the pathway, discuss where the opportunities exist.  

it's probably gone beyond an "arm around the shoulder" at this point.  But I can't see how the 1st team coaches would be unable to pull rank. 

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

surely if 1st team coaches are interested, then they go and have a chat. explain the pathway, discuss where the opportunities exist.  

it's probably gone beyond an "arm around the shoulder" at this point.  But I can't see how the 1st team coaches would be unable to pull rank. 

Yeah, its gone too far by the sounds of it. A real shame, he possibly would get some games if Praet is out for 3 months as well.  Likewise Gyfami might well have got a sniff back end of last season when we had all those defensive injury problems.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, its gone too far by the sounds of it. A real shame, he possibly would get some games if Praet is out for 3 months as well. 

it's almost the perfect scenario though isn't it right now? - "Sidney, listen, we always believed you had talent.  With Dennis now injured, we think we can give you an opportunity to be in and around the 1st team, but we really do need to sort out the contract situation.  How do you feel about getting some game time and showing us what you can do?"

if he turns it down, then it was never about the pathway to the first team. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

it's almost the perfect scenario though isn't it right now? - "Sidney, listen, we always believed you had talent.  With Dennis now injured, we think we can give you an opportunity to be in and around the 1st team, but we really do need to sort out the contract situation.  How do you feel about getting some game time and showing us what you can do?"

if he turns it down, then it was never about the pathway to the first team. 

Fingers crossed!

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

See what Collymore replied to. 

I don't think that's at play here though. Players are leaving prestigious clubs academies to play first team football and not necessarily to earn more money. Once that narrative sets in which a few have done at Man City and a few are doing here then it makes it an easier decision to make for players as they are comforted that their mate did it and it worked out for them. 

Personally I've no problem with these kids wanting to go and get first team football, its a huge balancing act for clubs. I will be gutted for us to lose players that go on to be a success and thats where the art of player development from the club comes in. If we continually get it right then great, if we are too slow to progress players through the ranks, get them out on loan or given first team opportunities and they leave and go on to be a success then we will need to have a good look at ourselves and try and change that.

My biggest concern is this starts to happen more and more at a time where the recruitment of unproven players is becoming harder and harder due to the new transfer rules and we run in to trouble because of it.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, its gone too far by the sounds of it. A real shame, he possibly would get some games if Praet is out for 3 months as well.  Likewise Gyfami might well have got a sniff back end of last season when we had all those defensive injury problems.

Gyfami was way down the pecking order. He barely played for the under 23s and wasn't a top player for the under 18s. He just had a good YouTube video - I don't think hes all that.

• Like 3

Don't know much about Tavares but surely the solution here is give him a run out in the Cup. It gives him the chance to demonstrate if he is actually ready for the step up and if not opens a discussion between him and Rodgers about ways in which the club can support him to transition to the first team, i.e. Loan moves, etc. Either way it's a win win situation for all concerned. 

30 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Gyfami was way down the pecking order. He barely played for the under 23s and wasn't a top player for the under 18s. He just had a good YouTube video - I don't think hes all that.

Yes, he was down the pecking order until the pandemic and then was heavily involved in the 1st team training after the restart and impressed Rodgers and the coaches, I'm sure he even said so at the time. We offered him a new deal and he turned it down to pursue first team football elsewhere.

As we saw with the ability to name 9 subs and make 5 subs and the injury problems we had thst he probably would have got a chance like Luke Thomas did. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, he was down the pecking order until the pandemic and then was heavily involved in the 1st team training after the restart and impressed Rodgers and the coaches, I'm sure he even said so at the time. We offered him a new deal and he turned it down to pursue first team football elsewhere.

As we saw with the ability to name 9 subs and make 5 subs and the injury problems we had thst he probably would have got a chance like Luke Thomas did. 

But vontae Campbell is miles ahead of him. Don't believe the hype he's spins on this yes Rodgers wanted to keep him but I think deep down he knew there was a better fullback here ahead of him and he jumped as a result of that.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

But vontae Campbell is miles ahead of him. Don't believe the hype he's spins on this yes Rodgers wanted to keep him but I think deep down he knew there was a better fullback here ahead of him and he jumped as a result of that.

And he’s not that good either, so speaks volumes, although they played on opposite flanks (?)

Edited by TJB-fox