Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

Hes behind castagne and Justin, oh and Ricardo so a bit of work to do!

Then we also have Mitch Clark who is now back from Port Vale but I think he is injured currently so unlikely to go back out on loan

Clark is now 21 (22 in March), and Daley-Campbell is 19 (20 in April)

So those 2 are likely to be the right back and left back for the u23s for the rest of this season (as clark is very similar to Justin in that he is also pretty comfortable playing at left back)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just to play a bit of devil’s advocate here, is there a case of short term pain for long term gain her from the club.

By refusing to give in to the demands of Tavares, do the club send a message to all of the other youngsters and agents at the club, both presently and in the future that we will not be held to ransom by agents. When we are willing to let a good prospect go, rather than meet what the club obviously see as unreasonable demands, we send a clear message to everyone else and this puts us in a better negotiating place for all future contracts. 

I think you're right. Obviously, I don't know whether Tavares's demands are unreasonable, but if they are, I think the club is right not to cave. We probably should have cashed in while we could, but hindsight is 20/20. Giving in would set a dangerous precedent that, no doubt, plenty of others would take advantage of. It's why it's wise for governments not to pay ransoms demanded by kidnappers. You sacrifice one person to save countless others.

It is a shame to lose such potential talent, but, as you say, it will be less likely to happen again because of this.

Considering Praet's injury, I think there is some hope that we get to keep him. I don't know whether the relationship between the club and the player/agent is beyond repair, but if not, I think I might offer him a promise of first team football, but only on the condition that he signs a new contract.

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think you're right. Obviously, I don't know whether Tavares's demands are unreasonable, but if they are, I think the club is right not to cave. We probably should have cashed in while we could, but hindsight is 20/20. Giving in would set a dangerous precedent that, no doubt, plenty of others would take advantage of. It's why it's wise for governments not to pay ransoms demanded by kidnappers. You sacrifice one person to save countless others.

It is a shame to lose such potential talent, but, as you say, it will be less likely to happen again because of this.

Considering Praet's injury, I think there is some hope that we get to keep him. I don't know whether the relationship between the club and the player/agent is beyond repair, but if not, I think I might offer him a promise of first team football, but only on the condition that he signs a new contract.

...his next question will be, when.......!!!

If there is an impasse as such, sometime down the line is not going to cut it

5 hours ago, los dedos said:

Trying to think of a youth team player who we've let go that has really made it . I'm sure we might be wrong about someone in the future but I can't think of anyone in recent years. 

Also accord to Wiki Gyfami is playing for Zargreb's youth team !

Stearman - Moved to Wolves, was a steady player.

Heskey - Moved to Liverpool and was brilliant for a couple of seasons. 

Clucas - Released and went on to Hull, Swansea and Stoke. 

Piper - Moved to Sunderland, a major hot prospect before the unfortunate injury.

Gradel - The next big thing, feee transfer to Leeds, went to France, signed by Bournmouth for £9m, having a decent season so far. 

Moore - Doing well at Reading, was classed as one of the best in the Championship until a dip in form. 

Tomlin - knocked around the Championship / League 1 league for years, knocking the goals in.

Mattock - prodigal left back, before we had Chilwell. Never really kicked on, however he did look very, very good when he “broke onto the scene”. 

Kipre- We had him from PSG, now at West Brom, not played yet I don’t think. Bags of potential apparently. 

29 minutes ago, Sly said:

Piper - Moved to Sunderland, a major hot prospect before the unfortunate injury.

Gradel - The next big thing, feee transfer to Leeds, went to France, signed by Bournmouth for £9m, having a decent season so far. 

Moore - Doing well at Reading, was classed as one of the best in the Championship until a dip in form. 

Tomlin - knocked around the Championship / League 1 league for years, knocking the goals in.

Mattock - prodigal left back, before we had Chilwell. Never really kicked on, however he did look very, very good when he “broke onto the scene”. 

Kipre- We had him from PSG, now at West Brom, not played yet I don’t think. Bags of potential apparently. 

More thinking Only made a few appearances max and mainly played for youth team .then we let go . 

Likes of Heskey, Piper, Stearman etc played quite a few games and where sold for a fee .

3 hours ago, Sly said:

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ivan Toney

Of those players, Heskey is the only one who went on to be better than what we had at the club and we got a huge fee.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Of those players, Heskey is the only one who went on to be better than what we had at the club and we got a huge fee.

If we still owned Toney and was only on loan at Brentford then i'd wager we'd be recalling him this January. He's tearing the Championship to shreds.

14 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Stearman became a steady premier League defender while we languished in the championship. Mattock went on to better things for a couple of seasons too.

Both players were sold for a fee though. I think the point was more an academy prospect that was allowed to leave at the end of their contract and went on to do big things

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Don't know much about Tavares but surely the solution here is give him a run out in the Cup. It gives him the chance to demonstrate if he is actually ready for the step up and if not opens a discussion between him and Rodgers about ways in which the club can support him to transition to the first team, i.e. Loan moves, etc. Either way it's a win win situation for all concerned. 

Can you imagine the scenes on here if for example we put him in against Brentford he was bang average and we lost? It would go into meltdown saying what we doing putting a young Ladin a comp we wanted to win , shambles, Rodgers out etc 

On 12/01/2021 at 21:31, Sly said:

i dont  really think these count, with the exception of clucas and Tomlin, neither of which i would say have been a great loss. the rest all made the first team, played for us and were sold either because the club needed to or the player wanted to go because of the clubs position and the players ability or in some cases they were no longer good enough or wanted by the club.

Kipre is 24 and having signed for WBA from Wigan is yet to play, so again, not a player i'd say we regret letting go.

i dont think we have released anyone that we have yet missed or regretted. 

Edited by JJS84
  • Like 3