Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

1 minute ago, JJS84 said:

i dont  really think these count, with the exception on clucas and Tomlin. neither of which i would say have been a great loss. the rest all made the first team, played for us and were sold either because the club needed to or the player wanted to go because of the clubs position and the players ability or in some cases they were no longer good enough or wanted by the club.

Kipre is 24 and having signed for WBA from Wigan is yet to play, so again, not a player i'd say we regret letting go.

i dont think we have released anyone that we have yet missed or regretted. 

I cried for a whole 5 minutes when Max Gradel went to Dirty Leeds.

• Like 1

I think as the club gets better and the first team squad improves there will be players that will slip through. This is purely down to the fact that better players are not getting in the first team because the standard is higher. Therefore, as a club we will be realising better standard of player hopefully and these players may have high ceilings.

I saw Tavares got subbed at half time last night? Was he playing that badly or do you think he might make the squad? 

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

I think as the club gets better and the first team squad improves there will be players that will slip through. This is purely down to the fact that better players are not getting in the first team because the standard is higher. Therefore, as a club we will be realising better standard of player hopefully and these players may have high ceilings.

I saw Tavares got subbed at half time last night? Was he playing that badly or do you think he might make the squad? 

Think he might have been injured? 

I assumed his agent had been a dick, his demands rubbed the academy up the wrong way, we’d failed to deal with that, he refused to play in the u23s, and would be off. Now he plays 45 minutes against Tranmere? I am confused. He still off? Was this a shop window thing? We reached a solution for both sides?

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I assumed his agent had been a dick, his demands rubbed the academy up the wrong way, we’d failed to deal with that, he refused to play in the u23s, and would be off. Now he plays 45 minutes against Tranmere? I am confused. He still off? Was this a shop window thing? We reached a solution for both sides?

....just looking at the last 3 seasons for him, and he is predominantly playing in the U18s!!!

That must have been a calculated decision by his coaches and Academy manager and as it seems he had been picked out as a special talent and nurtured in that vein, why has it taken so long for him to be now elevated as an U23 player, very strange.

It is either a difficult agent, a poor relationship between player and club or a perceived lack of progress by the player, why we find ourselves in this position.

I believe he will leave, only time will tell who made the right call.

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I know I'm probably clutching at more straws than Worzel Gummidge tossing himself off, but with Praet out for 3 months, and KDH staying at Luton, I think there might be a slim chance that we've been able to convince Tavares that he'll be involved and he'll sign a new deal. I know it's unlikely, but it does seem odd that he played against Tranmere.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I know I'm probably clutching at more straws than Worzel Gummidge tossing himself off, but with Praet out for 3 months, and KDH staying at Luton, I think there might be a slim chance that we've been able to convince Tavares that he'll be involved and he'll sign a new deal. I know it's unlikely, but it does seem odd that he played against Tranmere.

It gives me some hope. But I do wonder about the shop window theory, if only to dull my only hope.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....just looking at the last 3 seasons for him, and he is predominantly playing in the U18s!!!

That must have been a calculated decision by his coaches and Academy manager and as it seems he had been picked out as a special talent and nurtured in that vein, why has it taken so long for him to be now elevated as an U23 player, very strange.

It is either a difficult agent, a poor relationship between player and club or a perceived lack of progress by the player, why we find ourselves in this position.

I believe he will leave, only time will tell who made the right call.

He'll be a success. But it might not be here. It depends, I think, on whether or not the club decides the agent's behaviour is too detrimental to the academy. And whether they can come to a solution. I'm not sure the club isn't blameless. We're said to be hard, difficult and stubborn negotiators in the transfer market. I wonder if the same is true with the academy players.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He's played in most of the EFL cup games if I recall correctly, and they are U21s only, so it might be something to do with that. I watched the game and he pulled up injured early on and then struggled for the rest of the half. He didn't really look to have done much to have got injured in the first place, so I think either he didn't want to play (seems unlikely as he was putting effort in before then) or he already had an injury pre the match. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

He's played in most of the EFL cup games if I recall correctly, and they are U21s only, so it might be something to do with that. I watched the game and he pulled up injured early on and then struggled for the rest of the half. He didn't really look to have done much to have got injured in the first place, so I think either he didn't want to play (seems unlikely as he was putting effort in before then) or he already had an injury pre the match. 

Thanks for the info! Is it possible the “he’s refusing to play” thing isn’t accurate? It calls it into question anyway.  I swear someone vaguely ITK said it’s true. Internet rumours...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Thanks for the info! Is it possible the “he’s refusing to play” thing isn’t accurate? It calls it into question anyway.  I swear someone vaguely ITK said it’s true. Internet rumours...

Fin knows his onions with the academy and it backs up why he only seems to play the Papa John's games and not the U23 games. He wants " first team football ". He has the best chance he will ever get now that Praet is injured and KDH isn't coming back. He's competing with Choudhury and Mendy (neither suitable) to be backup to Tielemans or Maddison. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fin knows his onions with the academy and it backs up why he only seems to play the Papa John's games and not the U23 games. He wants " first team football ". He has the best chance he will ever get now that Praet is injured and KDH isn't coming back. He's competing with Choudhury and Mendy (neither suitable) to be backup to Tielemans or Maddison. 

Rodgers rates him highly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ricardo had a word with Sidnei that it would be better to stay here, he will get opportunities now that Praet is injured from the bench.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Probably not, if he's refused to play it sets a terrible precedent. Completely self defeating to do so. 

I suppose that is the key word isn't it.

What IF he hasn't refused to play and all the talk is BS which is more likely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Probably not, if he's refused to play it sets a terrible precedent. Completely self defeating to do so. 

If we're still at the headbutting stage and Rodgers doesn't watch him every day than I can't see how he'll ever get match time. Sounds like Sidnei's made up his mind. Not worth speculating anymore.

Edited by SO1

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Something doesn't add up though as he gets picked for every Papa John's game and he was named in the EL squad before the Zoryha game but picked up an injury apparently so didn't travel.

The absence from the majority of U23 games is odd but there are other youngsters who seemingly don't feature much in those squads either. Tyrese Shade being another. 

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Something doesn't add up though as he gets picked for every Papa John's game and he was named in the EL squad before the Zoryha game but picked up an injury apparently so didn't travel.

The absence from the majority of U23 games is odd but there are other youngsters who seemingly don't feature much in those squads either. Tyrese Shade being another. 

Shade has had a really bad injury so that explains that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Foxxed said:

To be brutally honest I think the academy needs a good shakeup from the top down and overseen and ran by BR himself and his coaches.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

To be brutally honest I think the academy needs a good shakeup from the top down and overseen and ran by BR himself and his coaches.

Really hope Beaglehole, Rudkin and Rodgers aren't sitting in an office figuring out this stuff on the fly.

You know, hands in the air, accusations flying. My hope is that Rodgers and Beaglehole are working hard together to focus the academy on what the first team needs and how to get there. Thomas was last years new find and I'm really hoping for 1 if not 2 more this year. Surprise me.

Doesn't Rodgers have enough to do:dunno:

Edited by SO1

20 hours ago, Foxxed said:

It gives me some hope. But I do wonder about the shop window theory, if only to dull my only hope.

He'll be a success. But it might not be here. It depends, I think, on whether or not the club decides the agent's behaviour is too detrimental to the academy. And whether they can come to a solution. I'm not sure the club isn't blameless. We're said to be hard, difficult and stubborn negotiators in the transfer market. I wonder if the same is true with the academy players.

I don't think the shop window theory makes any sense if his contract is nearly up. He's available on a free in the summer, so it's too late to cash in now, isn't it?

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I know. But refusing to play in the u23s but agreeing to play in a tinpot trophy, even one slightly better than the u23s, seems odd.