Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is he currently injured or is he trying to force a move? Hasn’t played for us for ages has he?

This is what baffles me. I get the stand off on not giving him first team action, but to not play him in the U23's at every opportunity is criminal. 

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This is what baffles me. I get the stand off on not giving him first team action, but to not play him in the U23's at every opportunity is criminal. 

The silence would almost certainly mean there’s a stand off but seems odd to me he wants to leave after a considerable time at the club and a club that has just built probably the current best training ground you can have?! 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, also what we criticised sheff wed for regarding hirst. Can you exclude a player for a contract bust up? Doesn’t fit well at all.

Aren’t Arsenal excluding Ozil for a bust up / talking about the Uyghurs and pissing off Chinese fans? Yet excluding a player while he’s trying to make his career is horrific.

But we honestly don’t know why he’s being excluded. Or all the details.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

He dint want to play in the U23 Ric. Thats where the problem lies. 

So he's refusing to play? I thought he was just unimpressed he's not playing first team football whether that be here or ideally on loan? 

6 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Tbh he did look like a man playing a boys game but that does seem a bit too quick for him to start making those demands 

You can hardly blame him, probably can see what's coming 3+ years stuck with Beaglehole before a loan move or first team look in.

Chilwell and Barnes forced loan moves early to avoid that on so it makes sense to try and do the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

So he's refusing to play? I thought he was just unimpressed he's not playing first team football whether that be here or ideally on loan? 

Either wants first team football with us or wanted a loan to play fullest team football at championship level or higher. Nobody came in for him hence the standoff between him and the club. Was integrated back into the u23 for a couple of games but then expected to be pushed up. It never happened so we are where we are with him. Highly doubt he will be here beyond this season. 

• Like 1

So he won’t play in the u23s because he wants to be in the first team?

This wouldn’t be a problem if Bren was letting academy players get a few minutes. (I read he likes a smaller training group so they won’t train with the team either)

On the other hand, you can’t cave in to someone downing tools to get what they want.

The whole first team training and academy player minutes needs to be reformed. But I doubt the club will let Tav force Bren’s hand: not a good precedent.

edit: @coolhandfox since I’ve reached my posting limit

The loan the odd bit for me.

He does look one of the better academy prospects and a Portuguese u21international. Could we have done more to get him a loan?

I honestly don’t think it’s as easy as we think to get a loan.

We assume the Championship club are begging to borrow a player for six months.

Edited by Foxxed

46 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Imagine acting like that when we've just moved into the facilities we have. He's 19 ffs, what does he think the rush is? 

Does he not just look at Barnes and think... okay, i'll be patient, i'll get there. 

Clearly got terrible advisers, personally doesn't sound like the sort of character we'd want around, talent or no talent. 

....Or he could be looking at KDH whose out on loan at 22 despite being clearly talented and thinking "no thanks"...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

....Or he could be looking at KDH whose out on loan at 22 despite being clearly talented and thinking "no thanks"...

Still though... if he breaks through next season he'd still only just be 23.

Just all a bit short termist from young players now because they're advised badly. You'd think being at a club where the main man didn't 'make it' until he was late twenties would slow some of them down a bit!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

This wouldn’t be a problem if Bren was letting academy players get a few minutes. (I read he likes a smaller training group so they won’t train with the team either)

This season there has been quite a few youth players who have and probably still are training with the 1st team

Muskwe, Leshebala, Suengchittawon, Fitzhugh, Godsmark-Ford, Flynn, Stolarczyk, Nelson, and probably others that haven't been in the released training photos

• Like 1