Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Seems one or two have taken offence to what I said in this thread. I was just saying it how I see I and answering peoples questions. DMs I've got im sorry to say means I'll keep quite for a while. 

Keep the faith. 

From within the club? 

1 hour ago, Saxondale said:

Given that he somehow managed to get us smash our transfer record to sign him, I'd say he's easily the best agent in the world.

That was Anderson Perry.  Now has the same Agent as Danny Drinkwater.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've asked Ian Stringer to raise it with Brendan at the next press conference/interview. Go on Ian, you know you want to! 🤪🤪🤪

Stringer has kind of asked indirectly... He was perhaps hoping that he was going to say "there might be" but he ended that question line quickly didn't he? I think BR reads FT! 

Question about youngsters asked at 1:30.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/01/2021 at 19:23, AjcW said:

Imagine acting like that when we've just moved into the facilities we have. He's 19 ffs, what does he think the rush is? 

Does he not just look at Barnes and think... okay, i'll be patient, i'll get there. 

Clearly got terrible advisers, personally doesn't sound like the sort of character we'd want around, talent or no talent. 

This x100. Our first team squad seem decent blokes and this lad clearly isn't. However good he ends up being I won't be sad to see him go.

• Like 1

On 06/01/2021 at 15:17, Lambert09 said:

Whats odd with this, is that if a championship club didnt come calling, youd think he would have gone to Leuven. Especially as they clearly needed a CM as theyve just signed King. 

Or is this guy above the belgian league as well :dunno:

Not odd at all you’ve just thought about it from one perspective.
His contract is up. Leicester want him to sign a new one before sending him out on loan because if he does well other clubs will just swoop in and take him for measly compensation fee. He doesn’t want to sign because he thinks he’s good enough for the first team now. In all honesty he actually is from what I’ve seen of him. Will be one of the best players that came out of our academy.

5 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Not odd at all you’ve just thought about it from one perspective.
His contract is up. Leicester want him to sign a new one before sending him out on loan because if he does well other clubs will just swoop in and take him for measly compensation fee. He doesn’t want to sign because he thinks he’s good enough for the first team now. In all honesty he actually is from what I’ve seen of him. Will be one of the best players that came out of our academy.

To add to that. Leicester have this system where you go out on loan first get experience and then only when you near 22 you get your chance in the first team. Thomas being the only exception and that was purely down to a shortage of options at LB. It’s worked well with a lot of our players. Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza, KDH who is the latest to follow suit.

However, some teams out there give chances to youngsters at younger ages. Plenty of teen sensations have broke through for the first team at their respective clubs. Greenwood, foden, alli come to mind in England. Happens even more so in Europe. Tavares knows this.

15 hours ago, s11nny said:

To add to that. Leicester have this system where you go out on loan first get experience and then only when you near 22 you get your chance in the first team. Thomas being the only exception and that was purely down to a shortage of options at LB. It’s worked well with a lot of our players. Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza, KDH who is the latest to follow suit.

However, some teams out there give chances to youngsters at younger ages. Plenty of teen sensations have broke through for the first team at their respective clubs. Greenwood, foden, alli come to mind in England. Happens even more so in Europe. Tavares knows this.

At 19 Tavares has made 1 app for Portugal U19 since he debut in 2018

Foden made he debut for England U21 at 18, and has played 15 times, by the age of 20.

If Tavares is such a teen sensation surely he would be playing on a regular basis for Portugal u21 or played more for the u19?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Foden made he debut for England U21 at 18, and has played 15 times, by the age of 20.

If Tavares is such a teen sensation surely he would be playing on a regular basis for Portugal u21 or played more for the u19?

Maybe he would have if he had some first team experience. Maybe he isn't that good?

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

You're spot on; and that's exactly why signing a scruffy sort of striker from the conference is just nonsense and would never work.

If they aren't already recognised internationally by the age of 20; break them down for glue; that's what me and my best buddy coolhandfox think anyway! 

32 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

You're spot on; and that's exactly why signing a scruffy sort of striker from the conference is just nonsense and would never work.

If they aren't already recognised internationally by the age of 20; break them down for glue; that's what me and my best buddy coolhandfox think anyway! 

...i suspect that was a parody post!!!

Vards is something that came to mind while reading that.

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

99.9% of the time is doesn't, for every Vardy there are 1000s of failures or should we be buying ever non league striker just encase.

I wasn't talking about he's future development, he could be the next CR7 for all I know or not, I was talking about direct comparison Foden as a teen sensation

Vardy earnt his chance by exceling in non league football in later life, Foden earnt his chance by excelling at youth club and international football,

Should every player in the U18's or U23s get a first team appearance whether they have earnt it or not? 

Should we keep every player who graces our Academy just encase?

Maybe the club hasn't seen enough from Tavares to give him a chance at 1st level or believe in their player development pathway, using loans etc. 

I just think the club has shown enough with the development of Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury, Thomas and KDH to be trusted to make a informed choice. 

Edited by coolhandfox

7 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Lcfchq?

That the same ****ing idiot who quoted an Alan Nixon tweet last week about Ben Pearson going to Celtic and assumed he meant Nigel and did some whole rant about how far they've fallen trying to take our former managers? lollol 

19 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Remember those teenagers that thought they were the dogs @ Man U & wanted it now so SAF said right get them out of here, flick a coin Sidnei & see which side it falls Pogba or Ravel Morrison but good luck to you.

Ridiculous and naive comparison 

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I mean Tavares may not turn out to be as good as Foden who knows. Tavares has never been given the chance to play. My point was Leicester don’t give chances to teenagers unless they need to through injury e.g Luke Thomas or if it’s a pointless game like a friendly or a cup game that has no significance.

Although playing for a national teams youth set up usually can be a good sign that a player is considered to be a good prospect, there has also been many players who have had lots of caps at U21 who haven’t amounted to anything. More importantly you can’t even compare Portugal’s youth set up to England’s. In Portugal every team...especially the likes of sporting, benfica, porto, braga have enough players at each age bracket from u13 upwards to create 3 entire squads, subs and backup players included. Portugal have a far greater selection than England do hence why Portugal churn out so many players. Maybe I got it wrong maybe he isn’t a teenage sensation but he is definitely good enough to get a chance in Leicester’s first team.

Also have you seen him play? I have on quiet a few occasions and he’s better than what our academy has produced so far in recent years. You may have seen him in glimpses during pre-season friendly games maybe? He certainly could hold is own. He just doesn’t want to play by Leicester’s development ‘rules’ though. So why not go abroad or to another club where you can get first team football and kickstart your career earlier.