Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

26 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Implying he has a bad attitude and terrible application just for wanting to play regular football. 

I implied that if he thought he was to good for U23 ("...thought they were the dogs...") & wanted 1st team action now then good luck to you but be careful for every Pogba there are multiple Reval Morrison's.
I used those names due to them both being in their teens, both had played little competative football & both thinking they were bigger than they were at the time, i dont think a ridiculous & naive comparison really?

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

As in was leicester premier itk account giving you abuse 🤣

No. My social media accounts cane in for abuse as a couple of people worked out who I was. I like to share the snippets I get and my insight with the u23 and u18 set up but when things get personal then its time fir me to stop posting im afraid. Keep the faith Fox

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, s11nny said:

I mean Tavares may not turn out to be as good as Foden who knows. Tavares has never been given the chance to play. My point was Leicester don’t give chances to teenagers unless they need to through injury e.g Luke Thomas or if it’s a pointless game like a friendly or a cup game that has no significance.

Well we have been playing a 19 year old CB for most of the season..............

if you are good enough you are old enough.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Well we have been playing a 19 year old CB for most of the season..............

if you are good enough you are old enough.

I was waiting for you to say this. I was talking about our own academy players. You have just proved my point. Other teams in England and especially teams in Europe give their teenagers a chance. They take the chance on young talented players. Which is the very reason we ended up signing Fofana and why many teams sign teenage talent from abroad. Exactly the reason why Tavares doesn’t believe in Leicesters way of developing their youth players. He very much believes that if your good enough then you should be given the chance. Leicester don’t do this and this is evident of the players that have come through our youth system all bar luke thomas who was welcomed into the fold through a shortage at LB at the time.

Not to say that our way of developing youth doesn’t work. It clearly has. Doesn’t change the fact the we will still potentially miss out on players like Tavares.

Edited by s11nny

6 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

We’ve brought through the academy Chilwell, Hamza, Barnes, Thomas recently

Fortuna, Justin, Maddison, Ndiddi were purchases but all are young.

we give youth plenty of chances. 

All of which got their chance at Leicester nearer the age of 22. After being loaned out etc. As mentioned many times already Luke Thomas only got his chance whilst a teenager because at the time we had no recognised LB who could play because of injury. Although to give Luke some credit he definitely is talented enough but would he of got that chance otherwise? The stats don’t support that argument.

Also signing young players is very different from developing them. We signed them because they had their first chance to showcase their talent elsewhere. Not at Leicester. 

Edited by s11nny

25 minutes ago, s11nny said:

I was waiting for you to say this. I was talking about our own academy players. You have just proved my point.

Both Barnes and Chilwell made their LCFC debuts at 19

25 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Other teams in England and especially teams in Europe give their teenagers a chance. They take the chance on young talented players. Which is the very reason we ended up signing Fofana and why many teams sign teenage talent from abroad. Exactly the reason why Tavares doesn’t believe in Leicesters way of developing their youth players. He very much believes that if your good enough then you should be given the chance. Leicester don’t do this and this is evident of the players that have come through our youth system all bar luke thomas who was welcomed into the fold through a shortage at LB at the time.

Not to say that our way of developing youth doesn’t work. It clearly has. Doesn’t change the fact the we will still potentially miss out on players like Tavares.

So developing Hamza, Barnes, Chilwell, Thomas and more then likely KDH being add to the first team after he's loan at Luton is giving kid via a youth system a chance?

Take it you know him personally?

If he was good enough he would be playing a part in the first team, the club management clearly think hes not.

4 minutes ago, s11nny said:

All of which got their chance at Leicester nearer the age of 22. After being loaned out etc. As mentioned many times already Luke Thomas only got his chance whilst a teenager because at the time we had no recognised LB who could play because of injury. Although to give Luke some credit he definitely is talented enough but would he of got that chance otherwise? The stats don’t support that argument.

Also signing young players is very different from developing them. We signed them because they had their first chance to showcase their talent elsewhere. Not at Leicester. 

So if you not putting 19 year olds in the first team your not developing player?

On 08/01/2021 at 00:15, GingerrrFox said:

If issues like Gyamfi, Bassey and Tavares keep happening I think the question needs to be raised about if the pathway from U18 to First team football is right. 

Personally I’m of the opinion that we should sack off the U23 team and come out of the U23 Premier League and move to a “B team model” similar to Brentford. 

Keep the academy up to U18 and then at that point the focus shifts to getting the lads out playing league football. More and more it’s becoming obvious that U23 football isn’t fit for purpose. 

Bassey keeps getting thrown in with these names which is unfair as he was clearly not only behind Chilwell and Fuchs in the left back pecking order, he was also well behind Luke Thomas.

Whatever his development and how good he goes on to be knowing your that far behind other youth prospects in a position where only 1 player (if that depending on formation) gets played. It was the right choice for all parties for him to move on.

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So which one of our first teamers are we going to drop to appease this stroppy teenager? 

Funny you should ask as he's the closest player in our ranks that resembles the playing style of Tielemans. Everyone keeps moaning about Youri needing a rest and nobody can play his role so let's give Sidnei a go today 🤪🤪

• Like 2

He may turn out great and we may regret it but if he doesn't want to sign a long term contract with us then we shouldn't invest any time in him. Obviously don't know the ins and outs of any contract we have offered him and if he wants to try it somewhere else then that's his choice. 

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Funny you should ask as he's the closest player in our ranks that resembles the playing style of Tielemans. Everyone keeps moaning about Youri needing a rest and nobody can play his role so let's give Sidnei a go today 🤪🤪

People moan when we play Preat instead of Tielemans and he's an experience player.

Let’s be clear here. Brendan gives youth a chance, and he seems keen to make sure they have (a) talent and (b) the right attitude when he does so. His record at other clubs as well as City proves this.

It may be Tavares is lacking in the second category.  However, we can only guess as what the player himself is thinking. Agents, who supply snippets of information to the Media, are more involved in the game than ever before and may be advising him to move abroad for first team opportunities. We’re seeing more youth players (eg Sancho) move to Germany in particular for this reason.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see him move aboard, get experience, and become a £20-40M player. If he does, then well done to him - no point us thinking what might have been because he doesn’t fit our needs right now, and he may not become the player he could be if he stays here, even if he goes on loan to several clubs.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think if he signed a contract he woud be start to make squads and benches, until then its not going to happen,.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You seem to know a lot about this kid Ric and obviously rate him highly do you see a better player in him for that role than say KDH who is out cutting his teeth in the Championship?

I think we know from the praise KDH is getting we could sell him without a problem at the end of the season but we could also assume from this that keeping him and having BR do his thing on him we would have a very capable understudy to Youri and with the various roles he’s been asked to play at Luton an understudy for Praet and Mendy also.

In your opinion, as you are very up with the academy and I’m sure will have been watching KDHs progress and seeing the change in him, do you see Sidnei as a better player right here right now and if we don’t play him now and get the contract signed we will regret in the future or do you think he should cool his “advisors” jets get him to commit to the program and get himself out on loan and put-in those hard yards.

Usually you hear more about players if they have that X factor but the drums haven’t been banging as far as I’m aware, I can’t truly comment as only seen him twice due to his lack of playing time in U23s, what I have seen tells me there’s a good player in there but not someone who could control a premiership midfield currently so for me I’d try and convince him if he wants to play for Leicester he goes down the loan route, we then guide KDH to be Youri’s successor, I think unfortunately we all know if we are not hitting his heights in 2yrs he will be off, then KDH is 24/5 and Sidnei is 21/22 with some experience behind him to come in behind KDH.

End of the day Its all a gamble I mean we could give Sidnei his wish end up selling KDH and find out KDH elevates himself further, I’d rather we choose the player that wants to knuckle down and have that burning desire to play for the badge & not just the burning desire to play.

16 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

You seem to know a lot about this kid Ric and obviously rate him highly do you see a better player in him for that role than say KDH who is out cutting his teeth in the Championship?

I think we know from the praise KDH is getting we could sell him without a problem at the end of the season but we could also assume from this that keeping him and having BR do his thing on him we would have a very capable understudy to Youri and with the various roles he’s been asked to play at Luton an understudy for Praet and Mendy also.

In your opinion, as you are very up with the academy and I’m sure will have been watching KDHs progress and seeing the change in him, do you see Sidnei as a better player right here right now and if we don’t play him now and get the contract signed we will regret in the future or do you think he should cool his “advisors” jets get him to commit to the program and get himself out on loan and put-in those hard yards.

Usually you hear more about players if they have that X factor but the drums haven’t been banging as far as I’m aware, I can’t truly comment as only seen him twice due to his lack of playing time in U23s, what I have seen tells me there’s a good player in there but not someone who could control a premiership midfield currently so for me I’d try and convince him if he wants to play for Leicester he goes down the loan route, we then guide KDH to be Youri’s successor, I think unfortunately we all know if we are not hitting his heights in 2yrs he will be off, then KDH is 24/5 and Sidnei is 21/22 with some experience behind him to come in behind KDH.

End of the day Its all a gamble I mean we could give Sidnei his wish end up selling KDH and find out KDH elevates himself further, I’d rather we choose the player that wants to knuckle down and have that burning desire to play for the badge & not just the burning desire to play.

KDH has really flourished this last 12-18 months. He has the technique and also the determination and mental toughness, I am really excited about his future and I hope its with us. Is he good enough for the PL? Absolutely no idea, he never really stood out when I saw him in the U23's aged 19 and that could be the argument why he didn't get a loan move to the lower leagues earlier, young players develop differently and for that I'll put to one side my grievances about our lack of proactiveness with getting these young players moving along the ranks quicker because it seems like he is destined to be at the very worst a quality Championship player worth several million.

I think KDH fits our ethos and track record of the types of players we bring through, I really think he will get a chance in place of Choudhury next season.

Tavares, the game comes almost too easy for him. From what I gather the academy have been besotted with him from a young age and its probably one of the reasons he's so frustrated he hasn't had the hype transport him in to the first team yet.

There does seem a bit of a discord between the younger age groups and then the U23's, this also happened with Layton Nduwku who sadly hasn't realised his potential. In the U16 and U18 ages groups he was absolutely ridiculous but he didn't get the right development plan to get him in to the U23's when he was 17/18 and out on loan, took years to happen and now he seems like he's fallen too far behind and lost his way.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, s11nny said:

I was waiting for you to say this. I was talking about our own academy players. You have just proved my point. Other teams in England and especially teams in Europe give their teenagers a chance. They take the chance on young talented players. Which is the very reason we ended up signing Fofana and why many teams sign teenage talent from abroad. Exactly the reason why Tavares doesn’t believe in Leicesters way of developing their youth players. He very much believes that if your good enough then you should be given the chance. Leicester don’t do this and this is evident of the players that have come through our youth system all bar luke thomas who was welcomed into the fold through a shortage at LB at the time.

Would Fofana have been given a chance at St Etienne if they had Evans, Maguire and Soyuncu in their squad?

One of the downsides of having a strong squad is that it is very difficult to give opportunities to teenage academy players. Save for an injury crisis, you're going to have to drop a very good player to do so.

I think we've done incredibly well developing our own players recently. Considering where we are in the league, the standard they have to be to get into the team is extremely high, and yet we have 3 in the squad, one who looks set to join them soon, and one just sold for £50m. This is way beyond what we could have dreamt about not so long ago.

Sure, we could cave to Tavares's demands, but at what cost? Someone has to be dropped, and do we really want to be seen as a club being pushed around by a teenager? He could go on to become a very good player, no doubt, but you can't keep every player that plays for your youth teams. Some will always slip through the net.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH has really flourished this last 12-18 months. He has the technique and also the determination and mental toughness, I am really excited about his future and I hope its with us. Is he good enough for the PL? Absolutely no idea, he never really stood out when I saw him in the U23's aged 19 and that could be the argument why he didn't get a loan move to the lower leagues earlier, young players develop differently and for that I'll put to one side my grievances about our lack of proactiveness with getting these young players moving along the ranks quicker because it seems like he is destined to be at the very worst a quality Championship player worth several million.

I think KDH fits our ethos and track record of the types of players we bring through, I really think he will get a chance in place of Choudhury next season.

Tavares, the game comes almost too easy for him. From what I gather the academy have been besotted with him from a young age and its probably one of the reasons he's so frustrated he hasn't had the hype transport him in to the first team yet.

There does seem a bit of a discord between the younger age groups and then the U23's, this also happened with Layton Nduwku who sadly hasn't realised his potential. In the U16 and U18 ages groups he was absolutely ridiculous but he didn't get the right development plan to get him in to the U23's when he was 17/18 and out on loan, took years to happen and now he seems like he's fallen too far behind and lost his way.

Cheers Ric, do you think that there’s maybe a directive from above to try, and probably too hard at the expense of player progression, to try and elevate the academy within the Premier 2 Lge and therefore trying to keep the better players there longer than maybe they should?

Hopefully BR will get more control and the new facilities can aid the set up as a whole  but your right we need to letting some of the cream if you like getting 1st hand experience sooner, I mean the likes of Man C and Chelsea for sure must have 50 to 100 academy players out on loan, I know they stockpile but still.

Edited by BKLFox