Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Sidnei Tavares

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

Just seen this pop up in the last few days..

Every time I come on this thread. :frusty: :@ Sort it Brendan.

2 hours ago, Simon alex said:

Bless. You said everything  to the haters  of Tavares, you must watch  the first than talk after 

Welcome to the forum. Haters? There's one poster who was slightly critical. Hardly a 'hater'.

With all the uncertainty surrounding transfers this season, we really should look at promoting a few of these lads to the first team. Taveres and Pennant could inject a lift into the squad...... there no harm in sticking them on the bench against some of the PL lesser opportunity. Both these two lads are very decent players. 

Players like Daka don’t become sensations playing in academies, if the lads have something about them stick them in, experience will guide them and help mould them. A risk worth taking in my opinion, and no cost attached either. 

This January I’m not too fussed about seeing new players signed I’d like to see a couple of the younger lads promoted to the first team and given a chance. (Covid permitted) has not done Thomas any harm at all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

With all the uncertainty surrounding transfers this season, we really should look at promoting a few of these lads to the first team. Taveres and Pennant could inject a lift into the squad...... there no harm in sticking them on the bench against some of the PL lesser opportunity. Both these two lads are very decent players. 

Players like Daka don’t become sensations playing in academies, if the lads have something about them stick them in, experience will guide them and help mould them. A risk worth taking in my opinion, and no cost attached either. 

This January I’m not too fussed about seeing new players signed I’d like to see a couple of the younger lads promoted to the first team and given a chance. (Covid permitted) has not done Thomas any harm at all. 

Sounds good in theory  ... unless you're the real manager who's objective it is to win matches or effectively get people calling for your head and livelihood. Brendan will put on the bench those players that he reasonably expects that if called upon, can have a positive effect on a game against premier opposition. The bench is not a place for mere experiment, sentiment or politeness, every player on there needs to be on there for a purpose. If this lad, or others like him, were felt good enough to take the giant leap from u23 to Premiership standard they'd surely be sat on the bench or in the team. I think I trust the professionals that see them every day in training to judge their footballing skills and personal attitudes to cope with such a huge leap. Who knows what really goes on with these young lads better than the club. It's a business to the club not entertainment.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Collymore said:

Just seen this pop up in the last few days..

:jawdrop:

I know Ric has a tendency to get over excited on players but he really does look the biz in those clips.

Hope both parties can sort something out that sees him stay here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately if it true, once any player refuses to play, there isn't really a way back for them at a club.

Generally refusing to do as your employer ask, isn't a good idea.

Interesting how people view this, if Maddison was refusing to play because he felt he deserved a pay rise or a move to Man U. People would have the pitchforks out and be ready to burn him at the stake.

21 minutes ago, Strokes said:

:jawdrop:

I know Ric has a tendency to get over excited on players but he really does look the biz in those clips.

Hope both parties can sort something out that sees him stay here.

It's looked for ages like he'd be gone at the end of his contract, which is sort of a self fulfilling problem really because I imagine the club knowing that is why he hasn't had the opportunities others have.

There's no way he stays here. 

• Like 1

With Praet now likely out for 2 months + we should show a huge dose of good will and give him a chance. Worst case scenario is he still doesn't sign a new deal but I guarantee he will sign a pre-comtract abroad this month if we don't do something.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Unfortunately if it true, once any player refuses to play, there isn't really a way back for them at a club.

Generally refusing to do as your employer ask, isn't a good idea.

Interesting how people view this, if Maddison was refusing to play because he felt he deserved a pay rise or a move to Man U. People would have the pitchforks out and be ready to burn him at the stake.

The club are paying the price for making him play the whole of 2019/20 season until its suspension in the U18's aged 18, why on earth wasn't he in the U23's last season and given a clearer pathway to the first team? Rodgers had him in the first team training squads within a month of joining back in March 2018 and only last summer raved about his ability. The club have had an absolute howler.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

With Praet now likely out for 2 months + we should show a huge dose of good will and give him a chance. Worst case scenario is he still doesn't sign a new deal but I guarantee he will sign a pre-comtract abroad this month if we don't do something.

If it was likely it would have happened. 

He's probably made it abundantly clear that he wants to move on.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The club are paying the price for making him play the whole of 2019/20 season until its suspension in the U18's aged 18, why on earth wasn't he in the U23's last season and given a clearer pathway to the first team? Rodgers had him in the first team training squads within a month of joining back in March 2018 and only last summer raved about his ability. The club have had an absolute howler.

Surely if he has been in first team training then he is deemed "not ready" to make the jump to a matchday squad.  Attitude is a key component to making it to the very top.  This lad looks as though he has bags of ability but there must be another issue that's inhabiting his progress.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a Beaglehole type player

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Surely if he has been in first team training then he is deemed "not ready" to make the jump to a matchday squad.  Attitude is a key component to making it to the very top.  This lad looks as though he has bags of ability but there must be another issue that's inhabiting his progress.

Possibly, but Luke Thomas is the only youngster to come through under Rodgers so far. Its not easy to get a sniff and I do think there's been a breakdown in relationship between club and player/agent. 

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If it was likely it would have happened. 

He's probably made it abundantly clear that he wants to move on.

I'd do the same if I'd been at the club 10 years, excelled at all age groups and then frozen out. The club even brought in a random Thai player to take his place despite being 2 years older - another one taking up space in the u23's that could have gone to a genuine prospect.

Seems it's upto him to save his career now.

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'd do the same if I'd been at the club 10 years, excelled at all age groups and then frozen out. The club even brought in a random Thai player to take his place despite being 2 years older - another one taking up space in the u23's that could have gone to a genuine prospect.

Seems it's upto him to save his career now.

This is it, this is a lad who has been with the club since he was 9 and has been highly regarded through the age groups. Something has gone wrong with the club and player as the talent is there in abundance and certain staff at the club will be livid it has got to this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And you know he is premier league standard how exactly? You want him in the team but the club don’t certainly at the moment and I would sooner back their judgment than the likes of yours. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? He may well be talented he may also be disruptive a poor trainer , won’t listen and think he’s bigger than his team mates and the club. Maybe as you know so much about him you can throw some light on his day to day attitude. There has been plenty of players who are incredibly talented but ultimately can’t grasp the concept of teamwork thinking they are bigger than the team they play for Balotelli for one. Let the club deal with it as they know the player a lot better than you do 

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

And you know he is premier league standard how exactly? You want him in the team but the club don’t certainly at the moment and I would sooner back their judgment than the likes of yours. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? He may well be talented he may also be disruptive a poor trainer , won’t listen and think he’s bigger than his team mates and the club. Maybe as you know so much about him you can throw some light on his day to day attitude. There has been plenty of players who are incredibly talented but ultimately can’t grasp the concept of teamwork thinking they are bigger than the team they play for Balotelli for one. Let the club deal with it as they know the player a lot better than you do 

OK and you keep on eating sandwiches with a knife and fork and see where that gets you. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Is that speculation or based on actual information?

Did you watch the game yesterday? Dennis pulled his hamstring quite badly.  I'd imagine 6 weeks before he can start  proper training again, we seem to have been super cautious recently with returns so wouldn't be surprised if it's longer. 

Edited by Collymore