Jump to content
kingfox

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?

Should we cash in on Iheanacho?  

284 members have voted

  1. 1. Should we cash in on Iheanacho?



Recommended Posts

I said no. 

 

Nacho seems to go through cycles of good and bad form that isn't rare for a striker, especially one who has such a staggered role. If you did this poll when he's on a crest of a wave the poll result would probably be 95% no, that's why I take these polls with a pinch of salt as many fans don't see the bigger picture and just react with their feelings in the moment, obviously there's going to be negative feelings right now as he's missed a pen that annoyed people and he's out of form. 

 

Being back up to Vardy is tough anyway, coming on for the odd 20 mins and playing maybe 1 in 10 games doesn't allow you to get into any rhythm, so it could be argued that Nacho is actually a good backup as his overall stats are quite good. I'm sure if you looked at minutes played, goals/ assists etc he'd be up there with other reserve strikers in the league. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2021 at 22:54, Ric Flair said:

Him not starting today suggests we are in the market for another striker IMO.

Yes I think your right, He's never going to be Vardy's replacement so we need to move on and find someone else. Playing with a big striker he'd score plenty but that's not going to be here while Vardy keeps delivering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Hansifüx

yes, would be good for him. maybe a different league ... well possible that Vardy will play  the majority of the games next season too  ... get a young athletic player  and let him have a season to grow into the team and PL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2021 at 04:06, Nick said:

There are suitors.

If there are I would certainly recommend the sell option. It would be best for the club & best for the player. I'm sure that Leicester have developed a list of candidates to replace him,

I guess it comes down to price & availability. No club is very keen to sell a goal scorer in mid season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/01/2021 at 23:21, sacreblueits442 said:

...why do people insist on Nacho being put a situation that renders him and the team inert!!!

  There are other combinations and formats that could be applied when Vardy is out of the team. Play as a two up front, play him in a 10 role or as a two up front with him withdrawn, there are options, why doesn't Rodgers take them. 

  The Managers choices have led to a polarization, regarding how we view his contribution to the team and the frustration we feel are projected unto the player, and undermines him.

    Yes we have paid a great deal of money for him and we all feel short changed, but I do not want to see him constantly on the pitch trying to overcome a problem not of his own making.

Nacho was not brought in by Rodgers and clearly doesn't fit the way Rodgers plays but he is not going to change his whole system, tactics etc just to accommodate Nacho when Vardy isnt playing. I'm sure the coaches will have been working hard Nacho to get him to be able to play how Rodgers wants him to but I just dont think hes suited to it which is why we need to move him on and get a striker that will fit into Rodgers' system. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

no from me, we all know hes got it, he's struggled here but hes hardly had a run of games to build confidence. and just when he did start scoring covid happened. i still believe he can come good

Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh i think we should sell him, for him and us; one i think the lad needs more game time(to be number 1 pick to) and i dont think he'll get that here

 

i like Kel tbh but feel for him tbh with how inconsistent he can be at times, where he can go from bambi on ice to world beater

Link to post
Share on other sites

Come the summer he has a year left on his deal, having seen Silva, Slimani and Gray leaving on free's the club will look to move Iheanacho on I think. He's still got plenty about him and clubs will look at his record when he has played and he'd be an easy target for many clubs. If we can get £10-12m for him we should take it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Come the summer he has a year left on his deal, having seen Silva, Slimani and Gray leaving on free's the club will look to move Iheanacho on I think. He's still got plenty about him and clubs will look at his record when he has played and he'd be an easy target for many clubs. If we can get £10-12m for him we should take it.

He’ll go for atleast £20m in this market mate he’s still only 24 years old! 

Didn’t realise about how soon his contract runs out though very interesting - we’re certainly unlikely to extend it so the sale must be coming this summer like you’ve said

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Nacho was not brought in by Rodgers and clearly doesn't fit the way Rodgers plays but he is not going to change his whole system, tactics etc just to accommodate Nacho when Vardy isnt playing. I'm sure the coaches will have been working hard Nacho to get him to be able to play how Rodgers wants him to but I just dont think hes suited to it which is why we need to move him on and get a striker that will fit into Rodgers' system. 

...you would think so, as that would be the initial thing to do!!!

The fact that it does not work and clearly it is not a role he is proficient in, why, with other options available he continues to play him in this fashion. His natural instincts is to drop deeper to pick up the ball with players ahead of him, playing him as a Lone Striker having had numerous windows to address the problem is crazy and obviously helps no one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you would think so, as that would be the initial thing to do!!!

The fact that it does not work and clearly it is not a role he is proficient in, why, with other options available he continues to play him in this fashion. His natural instincts is to drop deeper to pick up the ball with players ahead of him, playing him as a Lone Striker having had numerous windows to address the problem is crazy and obviously helps no one.

He doesnt really play him though other than the Europa games. Hes barely played in the league and didnt even start against Stoke. The club know we need a striker but it's not as easy as some think it is when we still have Vardy firing. Rodgers has never played with 2 strikers that I can recall when he was at Celtic or liverpool and as I said, hes not going to change his tactics and system just to suit Nacho when Vardy isnt available. Hence why he has played Perez or Barnes down the middle in some games when Vardy hasn't played. People seem to over react massively on here. we are 3rd in the league and still in the fa cup and the europa league. I'm sure the club have been searching alot for a new striker and I'm sure we will get someone in the summer. It is the most expensive position to buy for and given we ****ed up with Slimani and Nacho, I'd much rather the club took their time and got the right player at the right time for the right price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

He doesnt really play him though other than the Europa games. Hes barely played in the league and didnt even start against Stoke. The club know we need a striker but it's not as easy as some think it is when we still have Vardy firing. Rodgers has never played with 2 strikers that I can recall when he was at Celtic or liverpool and as I said, hes not going to change his tactics and system just to suit Nacho when Vardy isnt available. Hence why he has played Perez or Barnes down the middle in some games when Vardy hasn't played. People seem to over react massively on here. we are 3rd in the league and still in the fa cup and the europa league. I'm sure the club have been searching alot for a new striker and I'm sure we will get someone in the summer. It is the most expensive position to buy for and given we ****ed up with Slimani and Nacho, I'd much rather the club took their time and got the right player at the right time for the right price. 

I would add that its near on impossible, even if we got a really good striker he would soon deteriorate losing match fitness through not playing enough at the top level, cup matches and being brought on as a sub for the last 10 minutes when we are out of a game isn't going to work.

Couple that with our fans complaining he's no good because he's not Vardy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

He doesnt really play him though other than the Europa games. Hes barely played in the league and didnt even start against Stoke. The club know we need a striker but it's not as easy as some think it is when we still have Vardy firing. Rodgers has never played with 2 strikers that I can recall when he was at Celtic or liverpool and as I said, hes not going to change his tactics and system just to suit Nacho when Vardy isnt available. Hence why he has played Perez or Barnes down the middle in some games when Vardy hasn't played. People seem to over react massively on here. we are 3rd in the league and still in the fa cup and the europa league. I'm sure the club have been searching alot for a new striker and I'm sure we will get someone in the summer. It is the most expensive position to buy for and given we ****ed up with Slimani and Nacho, I'd much rather the club took their time and got the right player at the right time for the right price. 

...I was relieved he was not asked to play in the Stoke game, I have been calling for this to happen!!!

I have said he should go for the last two seasons as the role he has been asked to play does not suit him or us. Not sure about the use of Barnes being used down the middle when Vardy has not played that is not a option used by Rodgers that I can recall.

  Rodgers had Suarez and Sturridge at Liverpool and formidable they were.

I have previously posted picking up Batuhan Kor a Nineteen year old striker would be a good move, with the experience around him, he can develop to become the Vardy replacement down the line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...