Jump to content
StanSP

Stoke 0-4 LCFC - Post-Match Thread

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Koke said:

 

When the ball was in the air Allen was completely unaware of it. He didn't know where the ball was so Praet just controlled the ball and off he went. 

Eh? He looks like he looks at it, starts to run towards it then stops? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Eh? He looks like he looks at it, starts to run towards it then stops? 

 

Just watched it again and you are right. It looks like Allen thought Praet would bring the ball down and pass it sideways, instead he took it first time and left Allen for dead. Really good play by Praet. 

 

An experienced player like Allen should have done better rather than just ball watch.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I love goals like these!

 

giphy.gif

 

This is why Football is such a great game, it's about the team collective, working together to get a result. Praet, Albrighton and Castagne work together to press Stoke into a mistake, but then they aren't caught on their haunches, they sniff the opportunity of a mistake and capitalise on it. What a fabulous touch by Dennis Praet to Castagne, who shows why he's such a good addition with his understanding and reading of the game. He could strike it, but instead checks back and lays it on a plate to Perez, who can just pass it in.

 

This was our second choice right number 10 with the great touch, slipping into our second choice right back, who plays in our third(?) choice striker who finishes it. This is by far the best squad we've ever had, and watching goals scored like this by Leicester City just shows you what a wild ride we've been on. Stoke were the team that relegated us to League One!

The way Praet took down the high ball was superb, and his pass was just the right angle and weight. Maddison would have made that pass too but likely his angle may have taken Castagne a little off course and into the defender.

 

Castagne’s first time pass was awesome.

 

That finish by Perez was class too. He still had a lot to do as he could not just hit it anywhere. He picked his spot (bottom corner) and hit it first time. I love Barnes as all would know, but he would likely have hit it straight at the keeper.

 

By the way, none of the 3 players should be second or third choice to me. Castagne clearly first choice full back. Praet to me should be first choice with Tielemans (see how well our game flows with Praet around and his movements are great - pity he got injured again.). 

 

I agree the play was superb and we have a wonderful squad now! Look at the bench we had for the game! Still plenty of quality there!

Edited by Tom12345
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

The way Praet took down the high ball was superb, and his pass was just the right angle and weight. Maddison would have made that pass too but likely his angle may have taken Castagne a little off course and into the defender.

 

Castagne’s first time pass was awesome.

 

That finish by Perez was class too. He still had a lot to do as he could not just hit it anywhere. He picked his spot (bottom corner) and hit it first time. I love Barnes as all would know, but he would likely have hit it straight at the keeper.

 

By the way, none of the 3 players should be second or third choice to me. Castagne clearly first choice full back. Praet to me should be first choice with Tielemans (see how well our game flows with Praet around and his movements are great - pity he got injured again.). 

 

I agree the play was superb and we have a wonderful squad now! Look at the bench we had for the game! Still plenty of quality there!

Not a fan of Maddison?

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not a fan of Maddison?

I am a fan of the team :) and just think that sometimes people under appreciate Praet and despite playing well he automatically and unfairly gets relegated to the bench whenever Maddison is fit (corollary, Maddison should not be an automatic first choice for all games). Anyway, debate for another thread.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

I am a fan of the team :) and just think that sometimes people under appreciate Praet and despite playing well he automatically and unfairly gets relegated to the bench whenever Maddison is fit (corollary, Maddison should not be an automatic first choice for all games). Anyway, debate for another thread.
 

I see what you’re saying and would love to have Praet playing every week, but if Maddison is fit, he is our most creative player and must start for me. He is the only player we have who can create a goal or score one completely out of nothing, even when having a quiet game.

We are in a strange place where we could have Praet, JJ and Fofana sitting on the bench all feeling really hard done by. Or Maddison, Castange and Evans sitting on the bench feeling the same and the team isn’t weakened at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

I am a fan of the team :) and just think that sometimes people under appreciate Praet and despite playing well he automatically and unfairly gets relegated to the bench whenever Maddison is fit (corollary, Maddison should not be an automatic first choice for all games). Anyway, debate for another thread.
 

Good answer. I am also a Praet advocate, but I can also see that his selection presents problems sometimes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

The way Praet took down the high ball was superb, and his pass was just the right angle and weight. Maddison would have made that pass too but likely his angle may have taken Castagne a little off course and into the defender.

 

Castagne’s first time pass was awesome.

 

That finish by Perez was class too. He still had a lot to do as he could not just hit it anywhere. He picked his spot (bottom corner) and hit it first time. I love Barnes as all would know, but he would likely have hit it straight at the keeper.

 

By the way, none of the 3 players should be second or third choice to me. Castagne clearly first choice full back. Praet to me should be first choice with Tielemans (see how well our game flows with Praet around and his movements are great - pity he got injured again.). 

 

I agree the play was superb and we have a wonderful squad now! Look at the bench we had for the game! Still plenty of quality there!

Maddison has is own special angle?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

No. I've only ever played AC2. Is there one set in the East Midlands, then? Did they get the accent right? (I'm guessing no)

I’d give it a miss to be honest. Having the main character saying “have that me duck’ when he kills an enemy and “alright me ode” when greeting friends ruined it for me. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Were we even on match of the day? 

It was great, a bit of nostalgia from our championship days. Sitting there fighting off sleep like a nodding dog while waiting for about 30 seconds of highlights that I keep missing and having to rewind because I’m doing more nodding than watching after a few beers and whiskey.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shen said:

This is exactly the type of display Praet gave us in the beginning. He looked superb. Great work rate, good first touch and control and some clever passing. On a day like today, he's like an upgraded version of Shinji.

I think to be fair it was the first time in a while he played as forward as he did like Maddison. I am pretty sure he has been playing deeper this season. He was excellent in that traditional AM role. That hammy injury looks like a bad one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the fact we can swat away horrible little clubs like Stoke that used to beat us comfortably in the championship and laugh at us. Never forgiven them for their behaviour that relegation day. I ****ing despise stoke . Fvckers couldn’t get near us today and I hope their fans hated every second of it 

 

btw yes I am an entitled supporter of a premier league club. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

After that fine display, just hoping we get the easier draws that the so called bigger teams get and make it our year.

 

 

No Chelsea or Man C along the way please.  They always seem to beat us......I don't know why,..........hmmmmmm...COL

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Love the fact we can swat away horrible little clubs like Stoke that used to beat us comfortably in the championship and laugh at us. Never forgiven them for their behaviour that relegation day. I ****ing despise stoke . Fvckers couldn’t get near us today and I hope their fans hated every second of it 

 

btw yes I am an entitled supporter of a premier league club. 

That's funny. but steady on, we don't wanna be seen like an entitled Forest fan.

 

Let's be dignified and enjoy our time at the top.   LTID even if we become crap ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

It was great, a bit of nostalgia from our championship days. Sitting there fighting off sleep like a nodding dog while waiting for about 30 seconds of highlights that I keep missing and having to rewind because I’m doing more nodding than watching after a few beers and whiskey.

Staying awake until 12 or something to watch the football league show and then waiting another hour to see thirty seconds of highlights of a 1-1 draw with reading 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Japanfox said:

That's funny. but steady on, we don't wanna be seen like an entitled Forest fan.

 

Let's be dignified and enjoy our time at the top.   LTID even if we become crap ....

Nah, let’s rub it in and bask in our entitlement and glory 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...