Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

44 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm guessing a lot of those are from India players or Stokes/Gayle :dunno:. Interesting to see who is on that list...

The only silver lining from this big innings for England is that I hope/expect players like Kohli, Pujara and Sharma can also score big... 

Only one Indian! And Root is the first Englishman...

https://www.crictracker.com/stats-instances-of-players-completing-double-centuries-with-a-six-in-tests/

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

As brilliant as root has been with the bat his captaincy is very negative. 
Why are we still battling? 
Should of had 10-15 overs at India today. Show’s he doesn’t trust his bowlers. 
Could of had a couple of wickets. 
I’m sure India would rather start batting tomorrow. 

Bugger all in it for the bowlers at the moment. May as well make sure India need as many as possible to beat the follow-on.

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Bugger all in it for the bowlers at the moment. May as well make sure India need as many as possible to beat the follow-on.

I just think that if you’re the opener’s the last thing you want to do is go out and bat when you’ve been in the field all day. We’re on top and should imo had them batting for the last hour or so. 

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

As brilliant as root has been with the bat his captaincy is very negative. 
Why are we still battling? 
Should of had 10-15 overs at India today. Show’s he doesn’t trust his bowlers. 
Could of had a couple of wickets. 
I’m sure India would rather start batting tomorrow. 

What 🤣🤣🤣 that pitch offers nothing for a bowler they will get at them first thing in morning 

Just now, King of Gipsy Lane said:

🤣🤣🤣 getting him out after batting for nearly 2 days is not a victory ! He is on a different planet he has destroyed India they had their opening batsman bowling to him at one stage 🤣🤣🤣, best test player on the  planet right now 

If you say so. 

I didn't claim it was a victory. 

I can tell you're gonna be insuffferable on here for the next few weeks :dunno:

• Haha 1

Don’t mind the the tactics from Root. The pitch seems to only be getting harder to bat on as time goes by so I think the idea is bat long, bat once and have 2.5 days to bowl at India and give themselves as long as possible to take 20 wickets. 

Edit: that’s assuming that we’ve got enough to be able to get them following on. Big if lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

Of course this is the big match in the test cricket world but all might want to take a look at what's happening in Bangladesh! 

Bangladesh set West Indies 395 to win. Mayers, in his debut, has hit a ton and has currently set a stand of 200 with Bonner. 

They need 132 more runs to win, with 7 wickets remaining and not long left in the day... 

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Of course this is the big match in the test cricket world but all might want to take a look at what's happening in Bangladesh! 

Bangladesh set West Indies 395 to win. Mayers, in his debut, has hit a ton and has currently set a stand of 200 with Bonner. 

They need 132 more runs to win, with 7 wickets remaining and not long left in the day... 

Yeah some effort that, especially given the number of West Indies dropouts. Can't find a stream anywhere though!