Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah some effort that, especially given the number of West Indies dropouts. Can't find a stream anywhere though!

Surprising as I thought it was on BT. Bet it'll be an electric finish. 118 to get! 

Meanwhile, more of the same from Pant please :wub:

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Caught the end of that West Indies game on a dodgy stream. Cool as you like double ton on debut to win it from Mayers! What a chase.

Sensational weren't it. I hope he's not a flash in the pan cricketer. I've seen a few highlights and some of the shots were superb.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sensational weren't it. I hope he's not a flash in the pan cricketer. I've seen a few highlights and some of the shots were superb.

Absolutely owned the crease, looked a natural.

I'd heard his name as being in contention before after some good FC seasons for Barbados, but what a way to state your case.

Feel for Jason Holder though. Skipper them through reems of poor performances only for Brathwaite to get to oversee a win like that. lol

Any reason why, other than resting legs, that England shouldn't be enforcing the follow on if it becomes available? Time is a factor and the worst thing that can happen is that India bat out for a draw, there's no way they'll set England a target that they can bowl at.

Honestly don't get the assumption that England will bat next no matter what because it just seems unnecessary.

Edited by leicsmac

Teams don't tend to enforce the follow on these days unless it's a really low first innings score. It's a bit of a risk when you're already on day four and at least with the follow on you have the back up of batting again if they do get ahead. I know you don't really want to bat 4th in India though.

Understand why you'd want a break from the field though. 95 overs in hot conditions and then going again is going to be hard. 

Have to bat India out of the game now, probably a lead of over 400. 

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Theory seems to be so the ball will still be hard in the morning. Still seems very risk averse though.

Allowing the Indian spinners to pick up the easiest test match wickets of their careers as well. Part of me is willing them on to get these next two quickly so it forces our hand and it gets the game moving. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

This is perfectly set up . India won’t block the crap out of it looking for a draw so I would expect a result . This is a mercurial batting line up though as Australia found out and declaring to set them say 350 and giving them another couple of hours to bat would make sense at Old Trafford or Headingley but less so out there 

8 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This is perfectly set up . India won’t block the crap out of it looking for a draw so I would expect a result . This is a mercurial batting line up though as Australia found out and declaring to set them say 350 and giving them another couple of hours to bat would make sense at Old Trafford or Headingley but less so out there 

I think we have the ability in the side to hold out for a draw, I just don't think it will actually happen. 

There's one player who would be happy to block the crap out of it! Pujara. Mix him with Pant like in Australia and then I might change my mind lol

Need to not lose wickets between now and end of the day. Seen in the other two tests that were played this last few days how close it can get even with big targets set, who knows what could happen! 

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The commentator before Leach bowled that ball. Brilliant. I do find the Indian commentators quite similar to their English football counterparts. 

Annoying? 

Some of them get far, far too excitable. Harsha Bhogle one of the worst. Like a kid at a sweet factory. Also tries too hard to be funny. 

He's the polar opposite of someone like Nick Knight lol

Edited by StanSP