Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

How come Buttler isn't playing the other 3 tests? 

Rested, amazingly. They've decided that those that play all forms of the game are going to have a rest, and time away from bubble life. Especially with the IPL around the corner. T20 world cup in India this year too so see them going to IPL as important. 

I can understand, they'll be in a bubble of some point for almost 3 months, I guess they decided Buttler is the one they can maybe survive without in India. Tough for  Foakes to come in when be hasn't played since last summer though. 

Great win, good to see us start a big tour well. Usually lose the first test on tours. Long way to go though, but proven we are capable and got to be great for confidence.

• Like 1

Always nice to win any test match, let alone dominating a test match in every single session in India. I’m sure they’ll come back stronger in the 2nd test though. 

Typical that Buttler is just finding a bit of test form and now he’s having some rest, but it’s for the right reasons.

7 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Good Win, great to watch on free to air, how about highlights?

Enjoyed watching it live..But many wouldnt have to be able to.!

Plus its nice to See highlights, One can digest the moments better.....

Cant understand, Why Ch.4 cant re broadcast highlights....??

On 08/02/2021 at 20:17, StanSP said:

I think it's too early to call about not coming back from a defeat.

They say a week is a long time in football. 5 days in cricket is a long time and there's 3 more tests to go. I think there's more resilience and 'dig in' attitude from this England side, perhaps in more characters than some i.e. Stokes, Root, Anderson.

The great thing about test cricket these days in general is that tests are lasting 5 full days and having very, very close finishes. Look at the 2 other tests and how close their conclusions were. Even if it doesn't happen tomorrow, it's a very encouraging place for Test cricket to be in given that shorter format usually takes precedence.

They have the greatest English  Batsman in history... ROOOT is the difference 

Sounds like there's gonna be a few changes for England for 2nd Test.

Broad, Foakes, Stone could all come in. Archer out. Anderson to be rested?

I don't think we'll go with Nadeem again. Perhaps Kuldeep Yadav might come in so it's not just one spinner left (Ashwin). Might be an odd call but I wouldn't mind if Sharma was dropped for a test. He's been poor since/during the Australia test. Wouldn't be averse to bringing KL Rahul in. 

Bit weird to win the first test so comfortably and then change half the team but these are different times I guess. 

Surprised to looks like Moeen is coming in for Bess, I don't think he's been fantastic but seems a little harsh to drop him. Not seen much of Stone but I imagine he'll play for his pace. 

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Bit weird to win the first test so comfortably and then change half the team but these are different times I guess. 

Surprised to looks like Moeen is coming in for Bess, I don't think he's been fantastic but seems a little harsh to drop him. Not seen much of Stone but I imagine he'll play for his pace. 

It's just the nature of the current climate. I expected Anderson to miss out given his age and rotation with Broad, Archer is injured, Buttler coming home due to the bubble restrictions and wellbeing.

Touring can't be straightforward or the enjoyable experience it usually is.

12 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:Surprised to looks like Moeen is coming in for Bess, I don't think he's been fantastic but seems a little harsh to drop him. Not seen much of Stone but I imagine he'll play for his pace. 

Not long after the Anderson ‘best ever over’, Bess bowled what I think was one of the worst overs I’ve ever seen in Test cricket. He bowled three full tosses in a row to Kohli and then a half tracker.  He was lucky the over only went for 13 and I don’t think he bowled after that. He took some important wickets to be fair, but I’m not sure you’d trust him in a closer game. Also, with Butler out I’m presuming they’d like to strengthen the batting, especially if it’s Stone in rather than Woakes.