Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

No idea, nothing really as they were laughing it off. Just looked as though Pant was trying to waste a bit of time. 

Standard tactics in my opinion towards the end of the day when wickets were falling :) . Any team does it.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Standard tactics in my opinion towards the end of the day when wickets were falling :) . Any team does it.

Yeh..But Pant himself does Rabbit on...in Two languages....

& Indians rabbiting has been Part of their tactics (Asian) since I have been watching it over 60yrs...

Its different in make up to sledging....Bit

euch tactics are there to upset, delay, put-off batsman, or Interrupt the game...

I have heard over the years how the commentators...like today, say ...how clever it is..!!

Its the hypocrocy of the individuals that I find amusing but unfair..

Though Another quirk, also irritates me..wicket keepers, Chasing balls & Not Keeping wicket...

Today Foakes ripped  his pad...it might seem a small thing, but his Bowler might be more naffed, it took awhile before

Play resumed, Middle of the over, just when a bowler is getting his rythme...Next ball was a Four Not a Chance of a wicket, pressure discipline In field is very important.....

In the same vane....overs being intterupted for Technical chats...I say No.No,No..!!

Bowler has been chosen,tactics mentioned before game,also before Over starts....

including Bowlers Walking to their Run up...more than acceptable

I believe you must be forced to Let the bowler go through his over,with only the Natural Time of exchange being accepted...

Moving the field ok, But no prelonged discussion...

If would also help to up the over rate...

This is no rant, just a Light hearted look at small things could be watched & einfoced on the field....Players will always find

a way to Play through the day, trying to win or lose time, & Knock the Rythme of the opposition....

Edited by fuchsntf

I'm always anxious about waking up around now and wondering what the fcxk has happened while I've been asleep. The first 2 days of the first test was rubbish to wake up to. 

Just woke up for the ball Ashwin just bowled to Stokes and it's a good day to wake up to :wub:

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm always anxious about waking up around now and wondering what the fcxk has happened while I've been asleep. The first 2 days of the first test was rubbish to wake up to. 

Just woke up for the ball Ashwin just bowled to Stokes and it's a good day to wake up to :wub:

Woke up to exactly what I expected to be honest. 329 is a great score on this pitch. Could be over and done with in two days if India enforce the follow-on, not that they’ll do that.

May as well just award the match to whoever wins the toss and save everyone the hassle :ph34r:

India had to win this match so prepared a pitch they know England would struggle on. Be over tomorrow.

India should never have got to 300 yesterday, run rate was ridiculous on this pitch. 

In my view a wicket surface that breaks up on the morning of Day 1 should not be deemed acceptable for Test cricket.  Yes India have outplayed England on this wicket and will deservedly win the Test but if no action is taken I fear that a dangerously low standard will have been allowed to be established.  Imagine if a wicket in Australia was inadequate to the degree that balls flew up off a length from Day 1 with fast bowling from both ends.  I hope that the ICC takes some measures after this Test.

• Like 2