Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

We "should" be ok but shows how much trouble we'd be in if Sri Lanka didn't gift so many wickets on the first day. 

Would be a totally different game though wouldn’t it. They’d have batted longer, we’d have been batting in different conditions. So Many things people don’t consider when they say this. 

Hopefully have this sewn before work tomorrow. 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 16:09, Bert said:

Would be a totally different game though wouldn’t it. They’d have batted longer, we’d have been batting in different conditions. So Many things people don’t consider when they say this. 

Hopefully have this sewn before work tomorrow. 

Got it done & dusted...neither Bairstow nor Lawrence panicked...

Media Made it looked fight with too many whos & ares, & if n Bugs with Sri Lanka forgetting a few ist in the England side...!!!

England won well , and Making history...All The Youngsters have something to offer...its The outside include who Need to Show some understanding...

Atherton, is Top negative, spite having some Top Views & Comments on his back...

Absolutely brilliant end to what had been a fantastic series here between Australia and India. Last test, 1-1, Day 5 Australia need 7 wickets, India need another 111.

Pujara and Pant set in the middle and the 2nd new ball due.

Test cricket at its finest, 25 overs to go today and the series is still anyone’s.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Absolutely brilliant end to what had been a fantastic series here between Australia and India. Last test, 1-1, Day 5 Australia need 7 wickets, India need another 111.

Pujara and Pant set in the middle and the 2nd new ball due.

Test cricket at its finest, 25 overs to go today and the series is still anyone’s.

Been one of the best adverts for test cricket I've seen in a very long time. Probably the most resilient I've seen India in ages. Pujara is class :appl:. Pant playing like a seasoned pro. 

69 from 15 overs needed...

It's been a fantastic tactical battle anyway and whichever way the series ends in the next hour, both sides deserve some credit. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Been one of the best adverts for test cricket I've seen in a very long time. Probably the most resilient I've seen India in ages. Pujara is class :appl:. Pant playing like a seasoned pro. 

69 from 15 overs needed... 

it really is brilliant stuff, if only the kids didn’t just grab the remote!!!

Its time for a cold beer in the garden with the radio for the last hour or so.

Should be a brilliant finish 

Rishabh Pant :appl:

What an unbelievable batting performance!

Test cricket at its finest, a great series that went down to the last few over of the final test. 
Some brilliant batting and bowling performances and at the end one of the best run chases you’ll ever see.

If I wanted to add a negative, Tim Paine is so far out of his depth, he really shouldn’t be captaining test cricket at this level. I wouldn’t even have him in my best Australian Xl let alone captaining the side. 
Well done India, simply brilliant beating Australia in Brisbane is unheard of in recent times and when set over 300 on the final day it takes something special and to do it with wickets in hand :appl:.

I would say this is the best series of test match cricket I have seen and I have watched a few.

• Like 1

I can't believe it. 

Kohli goes after first test. 

An innings score of 36. 36!!!

Can't put in to words how it feels to come back after that and not just retain the series but win a match like that. Highest ever run chase, by some distance, at Brisbane. Some of the players who have barely played test cricket deserve some huge credit. Unreal performances and determination to get a positive result. 

This Pant innings reminds me of Stokes a couple of years ago. Iconic. Pant just made himself a hero of India after today.

Unbelievable :appl:

• Like 4

I don't even wake up early to see the ending of some England matches, yet I'm like a kid on Christmas morning jumping out of bed at 5am at the thought of seeing Gary on the losing side. lol

Incredible from India, brilliant... Didn't even need the best batsman in the world to do it either :appl:

• Haha 1

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Indian team much more likeable without Kohli and Ashwin in it lol

Love the calmness of Rahane. 

And Pujara. Pant will rightly get some of the credit but Pujara in this game and the last really takes the sting out of the bowlers. Frustrates them and uses up their energy. 

For test cricket, he's one of my favourites.