Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And Pujara. Pant will rightly get some of the credit but Pujara in this game and the last really takes the sting out of the bowlers. Frustrates them and uses up their energy. 

For test cricket, he's one of my favourites.

Yeah incredible resilience to not give the wicket away, even though he cant play a short ball without wearing it lol 

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Superb win by India. Made all the more pleasurable by the Aussie commentators praising them thru gritted teeth. 

I could listen to Jim Maxwell all day and night. He always seems pretty fair and balanced. He is easily my favourite commentator in any sport I think

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I could listen to Jim Maxwell all day and night. He always seems pretty fair and balanced. He is easily my favourite commentator in any sport I think

Warne was the main 1 I was thinking of. I remember when England played last summer against Pakistan and you could tell in his voice he wanted us to lose. Same today with India. I miss Ritchie Benaud especially for test matches. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

And Tim Paine said 'can't wait to get you at the Gabba' in Sydney lol lol

Someone that’s really too big for his boots. Fell into the captaincy by default and not a great wicket keeper batsman at all. 

37 minutes ago, surrifox said:

His reign as captain will be characterised by choking in key matches - but there’s no obvious candidate to replace him untainted by sanctions for cheating 

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

Someone that’s really too big for his boots. Fell into the captaincy by default and not a great wicket keeper batsman at all. 

Yep. Dropped 3 or 4 in Sydney and I think 1 or 2 chances went today. 

I just think he's very dislikeable (aware there's players in India's squad with same rep). But I did like Ashwin's tweet lol

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yep. Dropped 3 or 4 in Sydney and I think 1 or 2 chances went today. 

I just think he's very dislikeable (aware there's players in India's squad with same rep). But I did like Ashwin's tweet lol

Fight fire with fire. It’s always funny when karma bites the Aussies on their ass. 

I would love Australia to give the captains role to Marcus Labuschagne, for no other reason than he is born in South Africa, and all the crap the Aussies have given over the years about England and South African players.

In truth there really isn’t anyone who is an obvious choice, hence Paine getting the job and not really under too much pressure.

Pat Cummins is the only player I think could do a good job, is a certain starter and isn’t a complete dick, however, as far as I know Australia has never had a fast bowler as captain.

Alex Carey would be my choice to replace Paine with the gloves and comes across as a top bloke on and off the field, so could be a wildcard to come in and take all roles from Paine. Downside is he’s pushing 30 and wouldn’t have the longevity.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I would love Australia to give the captains role to Marcus Labuschagne, for no other reason than he is born in South Africa, and all the crap the Aussies have given over the years about England and South African players.

In truth there really isn’t anyone who is an obvious choice, hence Paine getting the job and not really under too much pressure.

Pat Cummins is the only player I think could do a good job, is a certain starter and isn’t a complete dick, however, as far as I know Australia has never had a fast bowler as captain.

Alex Carey would be my choice to replace Paine with the gloves and comes across as a top bloke on and off the field, so could be a wildcard to come in and take all roles from Paine. Downside is he’s pushing 30 and wouldn’t have the longevity.

Can't see Carey being given such a senior role, though I think he'll take over from Paine sooner rather than later behind the stumps.

Realistically I reckon Smith will get it back, but maybe only after Warner's called it a day so there's an easy scapegoat when old wounds are reopened.

48 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Aussies should just give it back to Smith.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Aussies should just give it back to Smith.

29 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Can't see Carey being given such a senior role, though I think he'll take over from Paine sooner rather than later behind the stumps.

Realistically I reckon Smith will get it back, but maybe only after Warner's called it a day so there's an easy scapegoat when old wounds are reopened.

Smith would be a very unpopular choice with  the wider public and Cricket Australia is really trying to rebuild its image.

The events in the Sydney test have probably ended any chance he has of being captain again. Whether he was doing the wrong thing or not, the way it exploded onto TV screens and newspapers gave the wrong message.

In 2018 sponsors walked away in droves, not wanting their brand associated with the scandal. QANTAS ended their sponsorship deal to the cricket, rugby and football teams as a result of the pandemic and their downturn in business in 2020, CA wouldn’t risk reappointing Smith and potentially losing more money at this point in time.

These results..just bare out, How giving Test cricket is.....

But lest we forget, Australia by right, are still in the Top 2 ratings..

They remain as always the Team to beat....!!

But what a Series from India After losing Top players...

If any of you know India...you will realise how this will Lift the whole Country across the whole lands far corners..

at this time....

Well, that simplifies matters concerning the World Test Championship final, then.

All England have to do is beat Sri Lanka in the second Test, then go to India and win the series (by any margin) and hope that the Aus-SA series doesn't go ahead or if it does, that Aus don't win it.

Easy, right?