Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Cricket (None Leicestershire County Cricket Club)

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I do hope there's a result in this one.

Same. I'm wondering if we can bat til some point between lunch and tea, with a big enough lead (250+?) and then try and force a result by bowling them out. 

Gut instinct is that it'll be a draw though. NZ do tend to have much more fight and resilience in them these days. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Same. I'm wondering if we can bat til some point between lunch and tea, with a big enough lead (250+?) and then try and force a result by bowling them out. 

Gut instinct is that it'll be a draw though. NZ do tend to have much more fight and resilience in them these days. 

Do you think you can get to a big enough lead with enough time to bowl NZ out? I don't think Virat will want to set anything below a six an over chase because he knows NZ could probably have a good go at it.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Do you think you can get to a big enough lead with enough time to bowl NZ out? I don't think Virat will want to set anything below a six an over chase because he knows NZ could probably have a good go at it.

It's possible. It's a big ask but as much as NZ will have a good go at chasing it, I think we have the capability of doing it. And then also the capability with the bowling attack to give it a good go. 

With some of of our players having a good T20 mindset, they definitely can put runs on the board at a quicker rate than usual. 

That's the beauty of it though. Two rain-affected days and it's still up in the air as to who might come out victorious, if anyone. Good that there's been the option of the extra day of course, but neither side has collapsed per se under the pressure. Its still tough to call. Was hoping Sharma would make it til close last night. 

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's possible. It's a big ask but as much as NZ will have a good go at chasing it, I think we have the capability of doing it. And then also the capability with the bowling attack to give it a good go. 

With some of of our players having a good T20 mindset, they definitely can put runs on the board at a quicker rate than usual. 

That's the beauty of it though. Two rain-affected days and it's still up in the air as to who might come out victorious, if anyone. Good that there's been the option of the extra day of course, but neither side has collapsed per se under the pressure. Its still tough to call. Was hoping Sharma would make it til close last night. 

Yeah, I have to admit I wasn't expecting a result given the forecast. Let's hope we get one either way today!