Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

11 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

Heavy rain today and this evening is going to make this a bit more of a lottery, .......hoping it comes out in our favour.

Is it as heavy as at Southampton last season?

• Haha 3

Reading one or two posts from guys who suffer from similar problems maybe as Jamie Vardy I wonder if he should be taking penalties. Thats one occasion where he could be tempted to kick the ball as hard as possible. Fortunately in open play he's not the type of striker who relies just on brute force but taking a penalty most strikers are tempted to hit it really hard.

Mixing up our penalty takers would be good as a missed penalty would not prey on the takers mind if he knew the next couple were to be taken by other players and the opposition goalie might be thrown a bit if he has say 3 penalty takers for LCFC to worry about say Barnes , Thielemans, and Madison. BR would have to pick say his 3 best takers in training and explain to JV why exactly they are giving him a rest from penalties for a few games. JV is a good enough team man to see the sense in that. Just as long as I don't have to tell him. 

As someone posted after the Iheanaco and Gray fiascos at Xtal Palace the order of setpiece, corner, and penalty takers should be fixed before the game and IMO varied. THis season when cup games could go to penalties having 2/3 guys used to penalties under match pressure might be quite an asset.

Do let me know when Brendan is going to tell JV he's not taking penalties for a few matches as I'd rather not be around but I'm certainly not overkeen on any of our players regularly taking injections to get through a match. They will all have a life after football even if we fans don't.. 

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Got a bad feeling about this. If we play like we did v Southampton especially in the first half, a decent team will score 3 goals minimum.

Southampton are a decent team and they scored 0.

I agree that we will probably need to start better in this match but they should be fearing us more than we are them.

3-1 to City. :vardy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I’d just finished having lunch with, the Leicester Mercury football correspondent, Jordan Blackwell when my phone rang.

“Hello Danny Clender” I said in my patented tone I use to answer my mobile telephone.

“Wasssup Danny, how you wagging?” I instantly recognised this young gentleman's chirpy and upbeat tone.

“I’m dilly ding dilly dong, Ben, how are you?”

It was none other than former Leicester City, England and now Chelsea left back, Ben Chilwell.

“Danny, I’ve got a favour to ask” Ben’s chirpy upbeat tone changed to a serious vibe.

“As long as it doesn’t involve women with beards in unusual places, let me have it” I joked. I must point out, the two of us are perfectly comfortable using this this type of quick fire banter.

“No, not at all Danny, I just need another lift, if that’s ok?”

“Another lift”, this refers to the first time I gave Ben a car lift.

When Ben signed for Chelsea in August 2020, I was selected from a secret shortlist of FoxesTalk contributors that would drive him to Chelsea’s ground, Stamford Bridge. I was surprised and honoured and we’ve remained friends ever since.

The NDA I signed, only allows me to talk about this now.

So, yesterday I drove down to London to drive Ben back up to Leicester, he wanted me to do a short interview with him for FoxesTalk and here it is, the interview, which I’m about to write down for you, right now, on the FoxesTalk website. here.

DC - So Ben, How’s life at Chelsea?…who’s your best friend?

BC - Well, I’ve made lots of new friends, but I wouldn’t really call any of them “best friends” yet. I’ve known Mounty Bar (Mason Mount) for years through our England games together, so I’d say I’m closest to him. What’s even better about our friendship now is, he actually passes me the ball.

DC - And what about Drinky? (Danny Drinkwater)

BC - Yes of course, It was nice to be reunited with Drinky, but he trains with the Under 11’s now, so we get little chance to see each other.

I still take him his shopping though. that was something I used to do at Leicester, so it just kind of stuck, so I see him round his place when I drop it off. When I say shopping, it’s mostly just glass bottles, loads and loads of glass bottles.

DC - Who’s the best, Frank Lampard or Claude Puel?

BC - It’s a tough one that is, both are great managers and have as equally confusing philosophies as each other. I know Claude came in for a lot of stick at Leicester, but he gave me my debut, so I can’t complain about him. The problem was that nobody could ever understand what he was saying, that’s why those days were the best games I ever played for Leicester, because I was just playing how what I wanted to do. As soon as Brendan Rodgers arrived and I had to start working to instructions and I couldn’t understand them. As for Frank, well, he wanted to sign me, he’d been a fan of mine for years, he especially loved the time wasting aspect of my game and thought this could be utilised well in Champions League games.

DC - So who’s the best?

BC - I can’t possibly answer that one, let’s say it’s a draw

DC - Who do you miss most at Leicester?

BC - In all honesty I keep in touch with most of the lads, Madders and errrrrr yeah, mainly Madders, but the person I miss the most has to be Doris the Tea Lady, during my darker times at Leicester, she would always make me a cup of tea and cheer me up. No, I’ve never seen or spoken to her since I left.

DC - Speaking of which, have you felt better since you came out as being sad?

BC - Well, it was a bit more than being sad

DC - Keep it light Ben, this is for FoxesTalk, they don’t like moping about on there

BC - Ok, sure. How can I put this?, it was the fans that got to me. Every time I got the ball I could hear their gasps and became aware of the silence that suddenly engulfed the game. It drained my confidence completely. So that’s why I’d kick the ball out play, throw the ball to the opposition, pass to nobody, duck out of tackles, blame my team mates and all that, it was my coping mechanism. Once the booing started I knew it was time to go. The club were great though, they even tried to get the fans back on my side with a Christmas video about when I was a child, but it only seemed to make matters worse. I couldn’t be happier they’re not there at this game

DC - Tell me about the Avengers WhatsApp group, do you have sex parties?

BC - “No not that's Kyle Walkers WhatsApp group, not ours. Look, we’re actually a good bunch of lads. If we ever did anything like that. our parents would tell us off. I know Grealishous (Jack Grealish) likes to come across as a bad lad, but he’s no trouble. In all honesty, ever since Madders has got his Dog, that’s all he wants to talk about. So we all chat together on zoom and watch Crufts videos on YouTube. We all have little bets on which dog will win its class. Most footballers end up with dogs, so it’s good for us to know a lot about them. My favourite type of dog is a Jack Russell because it has Jack in its name, get it? we wind up Grealishous no end about that.

DC - “Can you finally put to bed why you never took that throw-in against Millwall in the FA Cup a few years back?”

BC - “Oh no, are people still banging on about that? Look it’s a simple story. The night before the game Marcin Wasilewski had been invited by one of Millwall’s top boys to take part in a cage fight against some local nut job. As it was an illegally arranged fight up in Essex, Was wanted somebody to go along with him. Me being one of the youngest, he knew he could trust me to say nothing to no-one. I mean, come on, when Was tells you to keep yer trap shut, that’s what you do. So anyway, off we went to this cage fight in a big barn just outside of Brentwood. There were loads of Millwall fans there, all shouting and calling me rude names like "Bender" "Not Well" and "England's worst Left Back ever" which isn't true. I was scared, but Was told me

“there’s no need to be scared, nobody will give you any trouble, most of this lot are good friends of mine”. So that was that, he had the fight and he obviously won without a mark on him. After which everyone was being dead cool to me. So the next day in the game when I got to take the throw-in, the Millwall fans all wanted to get my autograph and were wanting pictures taken with me. Thats why I never took the throw-in and that’s why Was came on later in the game, to stop the crowd from kidnapping me.

DC - Do you read FoxesTalk?

BC - “Not as much as I used to. I used to read it after every game when I was at Leicester. It was harsh and it would make me cry, but I used to think to myself, these people that constantly slag me off?, other than pointing out that I’d had a shocker…what else do they know about football? I do miss it to be honest.

DC - “Where do you want dropping off Ben? The Hilton?”

BC - “No, take me round Madders, we’re watching the 2012 Crufts Final tonight, it’s gonna be wag”

Oh Ben Chilwell.

Someone has been furloughed..... 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I’d just finished having lunch with, the Leicester Mercury football correspondent, Jordan Blackwell when my phone rang.

“Hello Danny Clender” I said in my patented tone I use to answer my mobile telephone.

“Wasssup Danny, how you wagging?” I instantly recognised this young gentleman's chirpy and upbeat tone.

It was none other than former Leicester City, England and now Chelsea left back, Ben Chilwell.

“Danny, I’ve got a favour to ask” Ben’s chirpy upbeat tone changed to a serious vibe.

“As long as it doesn’t involve women with beards in unusual places, let me have it” I joked. I must point out, the two of us are perfectly comfortable using this this type of quick fire banter.

When Ben signed for Chelsea in August 2020, I was selected from a secret shortlist of FoxesTalk contributors that would drive him to Chelsea’s ground, Stamford Bridge. I was surprised and honoured and we’ve remained friends ever since.

So, yesterday I drove down to London to drive Ben back up to Leicester, he wanted me to do a short interview with him for FoxesTalk and here it is, the interview, which I’m about to write down for you, right now, on the FoxesTalk website. here.

BC - Well, I’ve made lots of new friends, but I wouldn’t really call any of them “best friends” yet. I’ve known Mounty Bar (Mason Mount) for years through our England games together, so I’d say I’m closest to him. What’s even better about our friendship now is, he actually passes me the ball.

BC - Yes of course, It was nice to be reunited with Drinky, but he trains with the Under 11’s now, so we get little chance to see each other.

I still take him his shopping though. that was something I used to do at Leicester, so it just kind of stuck, so I see him round his place when I drop it off. When I say shopping, it’s mostly just glass bottles, loads and loads of glass bottles.

BC - It’s a tough one that is, both are great managers and have as equally confusing philosophies as each other. I know Claude came in for a lot of stick at Leicester, but he gave me my debut, so I can’t complain about him. The problem was that nobody could ever understand what he was saying, that’s why those days were the best games I ever played for Leicester, because I was just playing how what I wanted to do. As soon as Brendan Rodgers arrived and I had to start working to instructions and I couldn’t understand them. As for Frank, well, he wanted to sign me, he’d been a fan of mine for years, he especially loved the time wasting aspect of my game and thought this could be utilised well in Champions League games.

DC - So who’s the best?

BC - In all honesty I keep in touch with most of the lads, Madders and errrrrr yeah, mainly Madders, but the person I miss the most has to be Doris the Tea Lady, during my darker times at Leicester, she would always make me a cup of tea and cheer me up. No, I’ve never seen or spoken to her since I left.

DC - Keep it light Ben, this is for FoxesTalk, they don’t like moping about on there

BC - Ok, sure. How can I put this?, it was the fans that got to me. Every time I got the ball I could hear their gasps and became aware of the silence that suddenly engulfed the game. It drained my confidence completely. So that’s why I’d kick the ball out play, throw the ball to the opposition, pass to nobody, duck out of tackles, blame my team mates and all that, it was my coping mechanism. Once the booing started I knew it was time to go. The club were great though, they even tried to get the fans back on my side with a Christmas video about when I was a child, but it only seemed to make matters worse. I couldn’t be happier they’re not there at this game

BC - “No not that's Kyle Walkers WhatsApp group, not ours. Look, we’re actually a good bunch of lads. If we ever did anything like that. our parents would tell us off. I know Grealishous (Jack Grealish) likes to come across as a bad lad, but he’s no trouble. In all honesty, ever since Madders has got his Dog, that’s all he wants to talk about. So we all chat together on zoom and watch Crufts videos on YouTube. We all have little bets on which dog will win its class. Most footballers end up with dogs, so it’s good for us to know a lot about them. My favourite type of dog is a Jack Russell because it has Jack in its name, get it? we wind up Grealishous no end about that.

DC - “Can you finally put to bed why you never took that throw-in against Millwall in the FA Cup a few years back?”

BC - “Oh no, are people still banging on about that? Look it’s a simple story. The night before the game Marcin Wasilewski had been invited by one of Millwall’s top boys to take part in a cage fight against some local nut job. As it was an illegally arranged fight up in Essex, Was wanted somebody to go along with him. Me being one of the youngest, he knew he could trust me to say nothing to no-one. I mean, come on, when Was tells you to keep yer trap shut, that’s what you do. So anyway, off we went to this cage fight in a big barn just outside of Brentwood. There were loads of Millwall fans there, all shouting and calling me rude names like "Bender" "Not Well" and "England's worst Left Back ever" which isn't true. I was scared, but Was told me

“there’s no need to be scared, nobody will give you any trouble, most of this lot are good friends of mine”. So that was that, he had the fight and he obviously won without a mark on him. After which everyone was being dead cool to me. So the next day in the game when I got to take the throw-in, the Millwall fans all wanted to get my autograph and were wanting pictures taken with me. Thats why I never took the throw-in and that’s why Was came on later in the game, to stop the crowd from kidnapping me.

BC - “Not as much as I used to. I used to read it after every game when I was at Leicester. It was harsh and it would make me cry, but I used to think to myself, these people that constantly slag me off?, other than pointing out that I’d had a shocker…what else do they know about football? I do miss it to be honest.

BC - “No, take me round Madders, we’re watching the 2012 Crufts Final tonight, it’s gonna be wag”

Oh Ben Chilwell.

How long did that take you  ?   lol

• Haha 2

I reckon that this game could be 1-1. Chelsea are a low scoring team but also I fancy us to score but there defence is solid. Really looking forward to this game and hopefully, if we were to win, then hopefully the media will finally start to realise that we are also in this title race! COME ON CITY:vardy:

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Lawro's prediction for us this week takes its usual direction of making no actual correlation to what he's saying. 

He always starts off along the lines of "Leicester look fantastic, great win last week. (Insert opposition) on the other hand look terrible and out of form. However I just have a feeling Leicester will lose this one because (insert pointless theory about Vardy) 

This week's reason is poorer teams have come to the KP and won. Sigh

Lawro's predictions are more pin the tail on the donkey guesses than fact based analysis.

That said, I'm always happier when he predicts defeat.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

BC - It’s a tough one that is, both are great managers and have as equally confusing philosophies as each other. I know Claude came in for a lot of stick at Leicester, but he gave me my debut, so I can’t complain about him. The problem was that nobody could ever understand what he was saying, that’s why those days were the best games I ever played for Leicester, because I was just playing how what I wanted to do. As soon as Brendan Rodgers arrived I had to start working to instructions and I couldn’t understand them. As for Frank, well, he wanted to sign me, he’d been a fan of mine for years, he especially loved the time wasting aspect of my game and thought this could be utilised well in Champions League games.

DC - So who’s the best?

Oh Ben Chilwell.

That’s 5 minutes I’ll never get back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Southampton are a decent team and they scored 0.

I agree that we will probably need to start better in this match but they should be fearing us more than we are them.

3-1 to City. :vardy:

If they were any good they would’ve put 2 past us in that first half. Half decent press from their forwards and midfield but without Ings they were toothless and were pretty flat second half. Don’t really see the Southampton hype myself, that’s one of the worst first half’s I’ve seen us play in a long time.

I am not comfortable with this level of optimism on this forum. I'm now going to have to spend the rest of the day pessimistically driving down our chances and blaming bad luck just to balance this in my ill mind. 

5-0 lose

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Reading one or two posts from guys who suffer from similar problems maybe as Jamie Vardy I wonder if he should be taking penalties. Thats one occasion where he could be tempted to kick the ball as hard as possible. Fortunately in open play he's not the type of striker who relies just on brute force but taking a penalty most strikers are tempted to hit it really hard.

Mixing up our penalty takers would be good as a missed penalty would not prey on the takers mind if he knew the next couple were to be taken by other players and the opposition goalie might be thrown a bit if he has say 3 penalty takers for LCFC to worry about say Barnes , Thielemans, and Madison. BR would have to pick say his 3 best takers in training and explain to JV why exactly they are giving him a rest from penalties for a few games. JV is a good enough team man to see the sense in that. Just as long as I don't have to tell him. 

As someone posted after the Iheanaco and Gray fiascos at Xtal Palace the order of setpiece, corner, and penalty takers should be fixed before the game and IMO varied. THis season when cup games could go to penalties having 2/3 guys used to penalties under match pressure might be quite an asset.

Do let me know when Brendan is going to tell JV he's not taking penalties for a few matches as I'd rather not be around but I'm certainly not overkeen on any of our players regularly taking injections to get through a match. They will all have a life after football even if we fans don't.. 

If anything he's changed his penalties and they're better. He's gone for more placement thsn the original sheer power like he used to. 

• Like 1

BC - It’s a tough one that is, both are great managers and have as equally confusing philosophies as each other. I know Claude came in for a lot of stick at Leicester, but he gave me my debut, so I can’t complain about him. The problem was that nobody could ever understand what he was saying, that’s why those days were the best games I ever played for Leicester, because I was just playing how what I wanted to do. As soon as Brendan Rodgers arrived I had to start working to instructions and I couldn’t understand them. As for Frank, well, he wanted to sign me, he’d been a fan of mine for years, he especially loved the time wasting aspect of my game and thought this could be utilised well in Champions League games.

DC - So who’s the best?

Oh Ben Chilwell.

Can we please have a "Danny, tell us a story" thread? 

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lets hope Chelsea don't click tonight, 5 or 6 weeks ago, they were playing some good stuff!  With my pessimistic Foxes hat on, I'm starting to think Werner will hit his barn door!  I've been conditioned to think like that up to 15/16, it is hard to shake off!

DC - So who’s the best?

Oh Ben Chilwell.

TL;DR

• Thanks 1