Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Question. Do you think Ricardo is a better defender or is Castagne? I think Ricardo by a slight margin and he tackles more. Do you agree? If you agree, then I think he is better to stay playing at RB and move Castagne to the left (I still think Castagne is better than Justin but only by a slight margin because he makes better runs but everything else is about the same).

Edited by Tom12345
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Question. Do you think Ricardo is a better defender or is Castagne? I think Ricardo by a slight margin and he tackles more. Do you agree? If you agree, then I think he is better to stay playing at RB and move Castagne to the left (I still think Castagne is better than Justin but only by a slight margin because he makes better runs but everything else is about the same).

Pre-Injury Ricardo was better in my opinion, but who knows if Pre-Injury Ricardo comes back. It's a huge period of time to lose in a short career. Think that's why we will see him at RW rather than RB more often than not for the rest of this season, as it will allow a little more security while he gets sharp again.

 

Justin being moved to LB just as Ricardo gets back to the squad is a big nod to me that Brendon see's Justin as first choice LB and Castagne more as a backup option.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Pre-Injury Ricardo was better in my opinion, but who knows if Pre-Injury Ricardo comes back. It's a huge period of time to lose in a short career. Think that's why we will see him at RW rather than RB more often than not for the rest of this season, as it will allow a little more security while he gets sharp again.

 

Justin being moved to LB just as Ricardo gets back to the squad is a big nod to me that Brendon see's Justin as first choice LB and Castagne more as a backup option.

It's great knowing that we have 3 players of about the same quality at full back, and that 2 of them are as good LB as RB. Very lucky but now hard to find the perfect combination.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Question. Do you think Ricardo is a better defender or is Castagne? I think Ricardo by a slight margin and he tackles more. Do you agree? If you agree, then I think he is better to stay playing at RB and move Castagne to the left (I still think Castagne is better than Justin but only by a slight margin because he makes better runs but everything else is about the same).

I'd I had to  name one slight weakness of Castagne, it's that he gets caught under the flight of the ball and an opposing winger can steal in behind him. 

 

Ricardo doesn't do that 

 

The best out and out defender of the three though is Jim Justin. Imo of course.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's great knowing that we have 3 players of about the same quality at full back, and that 2 of them are as good LB as RB. Very lucky but now hard to find the perfect combination.

All three of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's in the running for world's best at right back so that's where he has to get back ASAP, but I'm happy to see him do a job on the wing here and there until we have a proper right winger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Daft as it sounds, if he was fully match fit I would not be surprised if he could do it! and I`m not joking...........................

People will ridicule you on here for suggesting he would be a good winger...so i dread to think the reactions to this 😂 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is a good chance to help get him match with so many big games coming up, So I expect to see him play on the right possibly to give Mark a rest.

 

Like all good players he could play in many positions as they play with intelligence. But I'm sure it will be on the right either RW or RB .

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

What do we reckon to today then? 

 

Lovely to see his lovely, absolutely cute face back!

 

I thought he played within himself and was a good 25% down in his speed. It's  a long road  back but great to see him on that road

I think it was great to see some of the early link up play with Under in first half. 

He was quite comfortable and that was in part down to how well we played 2nd half. Should have had an assist for that great ball to him from Youri and then Ricardo's great ball to Under. 

 

Good to see he wasn't afraid to make a tackle though. Sometimes players take a while to get stuck in after such a serious injury but I didn't see any of that from Ricardo today. 

 

Nevertheless it was great to see him back and I can't wait til he's back in full flow. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

He was steady and made a few good runs/passes. He’s clearly off his peak atm but patience is obviously required.

He needs to be on the bench currently due to Justin/Castange being shoe ins currently but he’ll get his chance.

Hopefully few sub appearances and a start vs Brighton in round 5 to slowly get him more comfortable with his knee.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...