Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

Probably not a popular choice but why not play Nacho instead of Perez. Yes that penalty at Selhurst Park was bloody irritating but up until that point I thought he was doing well for form, his goal to game ratio in the few months running up to that game was really good. 

Perez was rubbish last game, but then the whole team pretty much were, and I suppose tbf to Perez he did score, albeit, a disallowed goal. 

• Like 2

Hamza is not better Mendy FFS. Hamza is caught in a bit of no-mans land at the moment. Not progressive with the ball, not good enough at passing, sometimes poor at retaining possession, occasionally reckless in the tackle and sometimes his positioning is woeful

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Weren’t you told it’s mean to pick on people? / there is no I in team / we are all in it together / we win as a team, we lose as a team lol

Not picking on anyone . He’s not good enough so I’ll say it how it is.

It seems to be an offence to criticise ‘sir’ Mendy, yet I’ve seen tons of people on this site criticise other players like recently Perez and it’s not seen as picking on

people then.

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

its like listening to the same record over and over again 

Yeah so you know how I feel. Watching us play with Mendy trotting around in midfield is like watching the same game over and over again. I’m bored of watching us waste our best chance to get CL football and establish us as a club because of crap players.

1 minute ago, smr said:

Probably not a popular choice but why not play Nacho instead of Perez. Yes that penalty at Selhurst Park was bloody irritating but up until that point I thought he was doing well for form, his goal to game ratio in the few months running up to that game was really good. 

Perez was rubbish last game, but then the whole team pretty much were, and I suppose tbf to Perez he did score, albeit, a disallowed goal. 

Nacho is far better than Perez. I agree with that. If we bring Nacho and Hamza in for Perez and Mendy we would have a much better chance. Nacho another scapegoat on here who it’s ok to criticise apperantly but he’s been a lot better than Perez on the whole and can hold it up a lot better.

Fvck it let’s go old school 15/16 title winning season and play four four fvcking two...

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Justin

Albrighton Mendy Tielemans Barnes

Perez

Nacho

• Like 4
On 2/2/2021 at 14:36, talking_goldfish said:

We beat West Ham on 28th December 2019 where Ndidi only played 20 mins at the end? Nacho and Gray scored both goals before he came on.

Out of interest, is this off the top of your head? Or guided by memory and then investigated or do you have an excellent tool to search this kind of random request for info?

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Not picking on anyone . He’s not good enough so I’ll say it how it is.

It seems to be an offence to criticise ‘sir’ Mendy, yet I’ve seen tons of people on this site criticise other players like recently Perez and it’s not seen as picking on

people then.

Yeah so you know how I feel. Watching us play with Mendy trotting around in midfield is like watching the same game over and over again. I’m bored of watching us waste our best chance to get CL football and establish us as a club because of crap players.

Nacho is far better than Perez. I agree with that. If we bring Nacho and Hamza in for Perez and Mendy we would have a much better chance. Nacho another scapegoat on here who it’s ok to criticise apperantly but he’s been a lot better than Perez on the whole and can hold it up a lot better.

There are much worse problems than Mendy, you can't soley blame it on Mendy when we lose, not having it.. and Hamza better than Mendy no chance.

We had hardly any regular defenders when Mendy was playing yet still sat in the top four?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we lose to this piece of shit twice this season then honestly liquidate us. 

I think I kno how your feeling, I'm staring at the league table and seeing the 2 in their win colounm in disbeleif they've only won 2 and one was us it can't be 3 after tonight.

4 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Never understood this logic to be honest.

If we finish top 4, we deserve to be there through results by hook, or by crook.

Not wishing to puts words into the OP's mouth, I think what he is eluding to is, if we do not beat Fulham, we cannot realistically expect to finish top 4  - after a 1-3 home reverse against Leeds. A loss tonight will be 1pt from last 9.   Liverpool and Manure are gathering steam. Man City are a different Class.  So looks like one spot left.   Need to win tonight,

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Out of interest, is this off the top of your head? Or guided by memory and then investigated or do you have an excellent tool to search this kind of random request for info?

Ha, not off the top of my head! Just looked at some of the injury histories on transfermarkt and just checked a few of the most recent Vardy injuries. Thankfully they haven't yet had any overlapping injury absences, although that's another reason why it is so long ago that we have won without them both.

• Thanks 1

Got a bad feeling about this one Fulham fighting for their lives held Chelsea with 10 men for the majority of the match at Craven Cottage. However our away form seems to be strangely better than our home form 

2 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

I think I kno how your feeling, I'm staring at the league table and seeing the 2 in their win colounm in disbeleif they've only won 2 and one was us it can't be 3 after tonight.

Yeah, very much like Norwich last season. Put muck like this to the sword. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, very much like Norwich last season. Put muck like this to the sword. 

Worst away day ever that was, the A47 got closed due to an accident, didn't end up getting home until about 3am. 

• Sad 2
35 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Just realised the Leshabela on the bench stuff wasn't just people guessing.

James

Hope this message finds you well.

I find my own inability to differentiate between work and foxestalk endearing. Possibly too endearing.

Best Regards,

James

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Let’s stick big Wes up front then. He’s got the strength and aerial ability to be a good hold up striker? He’s got the skill set, right? 

Yeah but we both know that ain’t true, whereas Fofana genuinely has the athleticism, technical ability and tackling ability to play as a holding midfielder. 

12 minutes ago, smr said:

Worst away day ever that was, the A47 got closed due to an accident, didn't end up getting home until about 3am. 

Infuriating as Iheanacho's goal was exceptional and still staggered it was ruled out. We'd have won it otherwise comfortably and top 4 would have been done and dusted.