Jump to content
Koke

Brighton (H) FA Cup, 10/02/21

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, ozleicester said:

can @Aus Fox or anyone down under confirm what channel this is being shown on in OZ.. ive had conflicting reports of BT2 - Prime - Kayo and am just not 100% on any... if im getting up at 4 again, i really dont want to be buggering around with dodgy streams etc.

TIA

ESPN

 

C942B8B6-C66A-4EB6-A503-DAC482415B58.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to go for this surely. Don't want to be telling my grandkids down the line that "we didn't win any trophies, but we did finish 4th a bunch of times". Sounds way too spursy for my liking.

Edited by HoChiMinhFOX
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure on this one, i'd be tempted to rest key players for the Liverpool game

 

As lovely as it would be to win the FA cup, you just know if we win we'll get one of the Manchester clubs next round, with Spurs getting the easiest fixture

Link to post
Share on other sites

they are missing a few players......we shouldn't pass up a great chance to get to the quarters.....at what stage in the competition would all these" not bothered" posters become bothered.....Brighton at home ffs, win, and we are two games away from the FA Cup Final.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Not sure on this one, i'd be tempted to rest key players for the Liverpool game

 

 

 

Never !!! ...   beat the scouse b@stards at all costs !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

they are missing a few players......we shouldn't pass up a great chance to get to the quarters.....at what stage in the competition would all these" not bothered" posters become bothered.....Brighton at home ffs, win, and we are two games away from the FA Cup Final.......

...but an FA Cup final behind closed doors.

 

Of course it would be nice, but the excitement is hugely diluted down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

ESPN

 

C942B8B6-C66A-4EB6-A503-DAC482415B58.jpeg

So this is watchable on ESPN?.. sorry for the dumb question, but looking at their page i cant see the game listed (mind you ive never used ESPN so.. :) )

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

So this is watchable on ESPN?.. sorry for the dumb question, but looking at their page i cant see the game listed (mind you ive never used ESPN so.. :) )

It should be, I use the app and sign up through Fetch TV, so I pay about $6 a month for access to the ESPN pack which also gets you BeIn Sports and download the ESPN app log in and select the game I want to watch and stream it on the iPad. It should looking at the schedule be on TV too, but I know with the app it will definitely be available.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 more games aren't going to be the difference between us finishing top 4 or not. We're either going to be good enough or we're not. We've got a very fit and young squad that should be able to handle the games no problem.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

The thing is, though, finishing 4th a bunch of times makes it more likely that we'll pick up FA Cups in the future.

 

We could go all out for this one, but it will harm our chances of a top 4 finish. Top 4 represents a major boost, giving us the chance to more quickly build a squad that can regularly pick up silverware. One FA Cup alone doesn't give you that.

 

Over-simplistically, it's a choice between going for one FA Cup now, or a good chance of several in the near future.

I admire the argument, but I don't buy it!

 

Since 2000, only 7 teams have won the FA Cup, just one more than have won the league. The 7 are the big six (except Spurs) plus Portsmouth and Wigan. The 6 who have won the league are the big 6 (funnily enough, again except Spurs) and of course us.

 

Only 10 teams have won the League Cup in that period, all the big 6 (except? Bad luck - this time it's Arsenal) plus ourselves, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Birmingham and Swansea. So we're in an exclusive club already - the only club outside the big 5 (how can you count Spurs on this evidence?!) to win two different trophies this century.

 

Much as I like the idea of several FA Cups to come, I think most Leicester fans would be delighted with one in the next year or two, and maybe another one day if we're lucky?

 

This debate has probably run its course, even on here. You don't get to choose which games to win and which to lose. We're trying to improve as a football club and the signs are very positive that we're doing so. While I want us to win tomorrow and avoid defeat on Saturday, it won't be the end of the world if we lose both. The project will continue!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, filbertway said:

3 more games aren't going to be the difference between us finishing top 4 or not. We're either going to be good enough or we're not. We've got a very fit and young squad that should be able to handle the games no problem.

Not sure how you can  possibly justify that conclusion to be honest, this season it absolutely matters

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure how you can  possibly justify that conclusion to be honest, this season it absolutely matters

Simple really, I don't think 3 extra ganes will affect a young fit squad.

 

It's all immaterial anyway as we'll lose to Man City in the quarter finals :D

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Simple really, I don't think 3 extra ganes will affect a young fit squad.

 

It's all immaterial anyway as we'll lose to Man City in the quarter finals :D

No chance, Swansea are a shoe in. :ph34r:
 

Edit:Anyway, one game knackered Dennis, just minimise our load on the least important competition (this season anyway) would be my preference.

Edited by Dahnsouff
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

FWIW, I predicted this as the last 8 - 

 

Fulham

Man U

Sheff U

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

Man City

LCFC

 

I'm still on for 6/8 - what did other people predict?

I had...

 

Bournemouth

Man U

Millwall (OUT)

Southampton

Chelsea

Tottenham

Man City

Leicester

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I admire the argument, but I don't buy it!

 

Since 2000, only 7 teams have won the FA Cup, just one more than have won the league. The 7 are the big six (except Spurs) plus Portsmouth and Wigan. The 6 who have won the league are the big 6 (funnily enough, again except Spurs) and of course us.

 

Only 10 teams have won the League Cup in that period, all the big 6 (except? Bad luck - this time it's Arsenal) plus ourselves, Blackburn, Middlesborough, Birmingham and Swansea. So we're in an exclusive club already - the only club outside the big 5 (how can you count Spurs on this evidence?!) to win two different trophies this century.

 

Much as I like the idea of several FA Cups to come, I think most Leicester fans would be delighted with one in the next year or two, and maybe another one day if we're lucky?

 

This debate has probably run its course, even on here. You don't get to choose which games to win and which to lose. We're trying to improve as a football club and the signs are very positive that we're doing so. While I want us to win tomorrow and avoid defeat on Saturday, it won't be the end of the world if we lose both. The project will continue!

I'm not sure a League Cup win 21 years ago is enough to put us in the same bracket as the big 6, really. I think that's a bit of a stretch.

 

Obviously, I'd love an FA Cup win. I doubt you'd find a Leicester fan who wouldn't take one if offered it. What I'm saying is, I believe it's much more important to the future of the club to finish in the top 4 as many times as possible while we can. That's what is going to give us a chance to close the gap between us and the big clubs.

 

No, you don't get to choose which games to win, but you do get to prioritise certain games/competitions over others. You can't just pick your best XI for every game, particularly when the fixture list is as gruelling as it is currently. I'd rather we put out our best team in the league wherever possible, and if that means our chances of an FA Cup win this season suffer as a result, then so be it.

 

Getting into the Champions League is huge. It can't be overstated, really. It's a big cash injection, it raises the profile of the club, and it makes the club much more attractive to the players and staff we have and the ones we want. It gets us closer to being one of those few names etched into trophies over and over again. One FA Cup win doesn't affect any of that.

 

Brighton, while in good form, apparently have a lot of injury problems at the moment, so I think there's a good chance we can get past them without our strongest team out tomorrow. I'd be gutted if we went out the cup at this stage, but I'd be more annoyed if we go full-strength and lost any key players for Saturday.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can comfortably play Brighton without playing the first team and still win   The balance of the squad should easily be able to cope with the 23s on the Bench.

Saturday's game against Liverpool is such a big game in the race for top 4 that we need to be fully rested and prepared.   That will only give us a fighting chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for taking the time to post this.

 

Just had a look at the table, and it seems you're in very good form lately. It is a bit too early to say, but it looks a lot like the bottom 3 could already be decided. If I was Brighton manager, I'd be concentrating on the cup, as it doesn't look like many more points will be needed to be safe from the drop.

 

If you don't mind, what would you say is the strongest team you could realistically put out tomorrow?

 

I think we'll be resting at least a few with the Liverpool match on Saturday in mind. I doubt Barnes, Tielemans or Maddison will play the whole 90, so we could struggle for creativity.

It will probably look like this , but it's hard to second guess Potter as he does like to play around with formations. 

 

Walton gk

Veltman

White

Dunk

Burn/Karbownik 

Bissouma 

Alzate

Moder/Kedrah 

Mac Allister/Gross 

Trossard/Izquierdo 

Connolly/Zeqiri 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

 

 

This debate has probably run its course, even on here. You don't get to choose which games to win and which to lose. We're trying to improve as a football club and the signs are very positive that we're doing so. While I want us to win tomorrow and avoid defeat on Saturday, it won't be the end of the world if we lose both. The project will continue!

It's been beaten to death with a big stick but I don't see it ending any time soon.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I think we can comfortably play Brighton without playing the first team and still win   The balance of the squad should easily be able to cope with the 23s on the Bench.

Saturday's game against Liverpool is such a big game in the race for top 4 that we need to be fully rested and prepared.   That will only give us a fighting chance.

I’ve just thought

I bet Amartey will start

:unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...