Jump to content
StanSP

Vontae Daley-Campbell

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Think you're doing him a disservice. He played 30 odd games in our championship winning year and recall that he linked up pretty well with Fuchs in particular. Held the ball up well too. Yes, he was a headless chicken in front of goal, but out wide either lb or lm he did a job.

He played 24, 10 of which were sub appearances hence  why he left for Palace because he wanted more game time .  

Edited by baldeagle
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Think you're doing him a disservice. He played 30 odd games in our championship winning year and recall that he linked up pretty well with Fuchs in particular. Held the ball up well too. Yes, he was a headless chicken in front of goal, but out wide either lb or lm he did a job.

They always knew when they'd been Schlupped, though :P 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

He played 24, 10 of which were sub appearances hence  why he left for Palace because he wanted more game time .  

He was definitely an important part of our Championship wining squad and he’s gone onto become an established premiership player - his career trajectory compares favourably to Shinji, Simmo, Leonardo since leaving. 
 

I always felt fans were overly harsh on him - he definitely had flaws, but as a left-sided squad player I thought he served a purpose.

 

I can see the VDC comparisons in terms of directness and attacking intent.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

He was definitely an important part of our Championship wining squad and he’s gone onto become an established premiership player - his career trajectory compares favourably to Shinji, Simmo, Leonardo since leaving. 
 

I always felt fans were overly harsh on him - he definitely had flaws, but as a left-sided squad player I thought he served a purpose.

 

I can see the VDC comparisons in terms of directness and attacking intent.

Schlupp was ideal as a late-game sub to take advantage of tired legs on the opposition.  I remember a number of games where he played a really vital role in helping us kill off the clock and preserve one-goal leads.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

He was definitely an important part of our Championship wining squad and he’s gone onto become an established premiership player - his career trajectory compares favourably to Shinji, Simmo, Leonardo since leaving. 
 

I always felt fans were overly harsh on him - he definitely had flaws, but as a left-sided squad player I thought he served a purpose.

 

I can see the VDC comparisons in terms of directness and attacking intent.

I never said he wasn’t just pointing out that he hadn’t played 30 odd times that season  and that 10 of those were sub  appearances. . As for his career trajectory he’s not really done a lot except play a bit part for a Palace side that are regularly fighting relegation plus all of those players listed are a lot older and winding down their careers so hardly a fair comparison . 

Edited by baldeagle
Link to post
Share on other sites

Played over 100 games for Palace who are an established Premier League side. Definitely having a solid career in the top tier. Yes the others are older but still surprising that Simmo is without a club at 34 abd Shinji ended up in the Spanish second tier in his early 30s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Played well strong as an ox and quick I think his strength gives a different option compared to our other full backs wouldn’t Chuck him in against mane and Robertson on Saturday though

foxestalk classic...

 

a comment i read in the post match thread 'hes good but has no pace'

 

now you say which i agree with 'strong and quick'

 

lol

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Played over 100 games for Palace who are an established Premier League side. Definitely having a solid career in the top tier. Yes the others are older but still surprising that Simmo is without a club at 34 abd Shinji ended up in the Spanish second tier in his early 30s.

All 3 of them are 34 . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, reynard said:

Very decent solid performance. After his build up by those in the know wasn't expecting him to be so accomplished.

Seems ages since he won the decathlon.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was protected in the 1st half with seniors opting to run the ball in the other direction, Armarty was marshalling him around without being an arse about it which was good to see , 2nd half picked it up abit as he was on the line next to BR & bench so was getting more encouragement & coaching on that side.


Lost the ball once in a dangerous position leading to the 1st shot on goal in the 83rdish minute which was easily dealt with by Ward but could have been costly.
Had a good opportunity to possibly having a crack on goal himself if he read Vardy's arm movement, he passed to Vardy who took it wide then was subtly pointing for DC to run in behind him as defenders went with Vardy leaving a gap but DC stayed on the wrong side of Vardy, again good to see Vardy didn't make an issue of it.
Had 1 or 2 good runs into the box near the end & being part of that final flurish would have done him the world of good.

 

Naturally was exhausted once the debut adrenaline wore off, he wasn't great but certainly wasn't awful overall a steady debut well done him.
Comparing it to Thomas's debut you could see the real potential from the getgo in Thomas i think DC's destined to be out on loan come next season as i he'll be 4th choice RB (behind RP, TC & JJ) 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Was protected in the 1st half with seniors opting to run the ball in the other direction, Armarty was marshalling him around without being an arse about it which was good to see , 2nd half picked it up abit as he was on the line next to BR & bench so was getting more encouragement & coaching on that side.


Lost the ball once in a dangerous position leading to the 1st shot on goal in the 83rdish minute which was easily dealt with by Ward but could have been costly.
Had a good opportunity to possibly having a crack on goal himself if he read Vardy's arm movement, he passed to Vardy who took it wide then was subtly pointing for DC to run in behind him as defenders went with Vardy leaving a gap but DC stayed on the wrong side of Vardy, again good to see Vardy didn't make an issue of it.
Had 1 or 2 good runs into the box near the end & being part of that final flurish would have done him the world of good.

 

Naturally was exhausted once the debut adrenaline wore off, he wasn't great but certainly wasn't awful overall a steady debut well done him.
Comparing it to Thomas's debut you could see the real potential from the getgo in Thomas i think DC's destined to be out on loan come next season as i he'll be 4th choice RB (behind RP, TC & JJ) 

 

 

Lost the ball once in a dangerous position leading to the 1st shot on goal in the 83rdish minute which was easily dealt with by Ward but could have been costly.

 

Have you been concentrating over half of our games lately.!!??

 

Maddison,Vardy,Albrighton, Ndidi, Justin, Castagna, & Fofana...lost balls in dangerous positions...Some led to goals..!!!

Balls are lost in every game, its für Nature of the game poor unnecessary observation, over Football moments...

Especially when being used to make a point...Same when Mentoring penalties..!!!

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

 

Lost the ball once in a dangerous position leading to the 1st shot on goal in the 83rdish minute which was easily dealt with by Ward but could have been costly.

 

Have you been concentrating over half of our games lately.!!??

 

Maddison,Vardy,Albrighton, Ndidi, Justin, Castagna, & Fofana...lost balls in dangerous positions...Some led to goals..!!!

Balls are lost in every game, its für Nature of the game poor unnecessary observation, over Football moments...

Especially when being used to make a point...Same when Mentoring penalties..!!!

 

 

 

mon dieu i'm not slating the guy merely highlighting a few things i picked up from his debut both good & bad & was trying to give a rounded appraisal of him.


I'd hardly call them uncessary observations he obviously lost the ball more than once but the 1 i do highlight is the 1 that leads to a shot on target, i'm hardly hunting down all the little mistakes he made throughout the game & hanging him out to dry.
 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This guy can't play in the europa for us can he? Not technically club trained right?

I don't think so. He's not on the A-list. But I think the issue is he would have to be with us 2 full years before being eligible for the B-list (aka the U21 list which Luke Thomas is eligible through).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

I don't think so. He's not on the A-list. But I think the issue is he would have to be with us 2 full years before being eligible for the B-list (aka the U21 list which Luke Thomas is eligible through).

 

 

Sounds about right as I understand it, UNLESS we registered him in the Euro squad, which we didn't.

 

So no, he can't play.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...