majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Brooks not really done much this season has he at a lower level. 

He's had some serious injuries over the past couple of years. Perhaps still getting over them? Perhaps no longer the player he was, or had potential to be.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's sell this summer or lose on a free the season after. 

Can anyone see him getting a new deal?

I can definitely see him getting offered a new one, whether he’ll take it is another matter especially if we sign the Celtic guy. It’s rare to find a striker of that quality who’s happy to play the back up role without moaning and causing trouble. That attitude is something we’ll want to keep around.

Another completely unrelated this I wanted to ask. What’s the general consensus on Henry at OHL his stats look great! Is he someone we would be looking at?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I can definitely see him getting offered a new one, whether he’ll take it is another matter especially if we sign the Celtic guy. It’s rare to find a striker of that quality who’s happy to play the back up role without moaning and causing trouble. That attitude is something we’ll want to keep around.

Another completely unrelated this I wanted to ask. What’s the general consensus on Henry at OHL his stats look great! Is he someone we would be looking at?

He’d be a very good third option. Not sure about edouard, would he be able to come in and effectively take over the mantle? 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's sell this summer or lose on a free the season after. 

Can anyone see him getting a new deal?

I know of three people who think he probably will. 

DSfLI3NXUAEkgOh.jpg

AO2Z5717.jpgDaniel-Amartey-331.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Look at it another way, Nacho and Edouard forming the partnership we need to replace Vards? 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Look at it another way, Nacho and Edouard forming the partnership we need to replace Vards? 

I think we could do a lot worse than that partnership. While they won’t be vardy. No one will and they will certainly get goals between them.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I know this is a joke but say what you want about amartey but he’s a life saver at the minute. Not many players can cover 3 plus positions to a decent level. He’s a very useful player to have around. 

I have no issue keeping players like that or Iheanacho, it makes sense to secure an asset than lose them for nothing and have to buy someone else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Exactly this, what if we let Iheanacho go and Edouard gets an injury, what if we let Iheanacho go and then realise he was better than Edouard? I thought Edouard was supposed to be Vardy replacement.

On 03/03/2021 at 13:47, KrefelderFox666 said:

It's a real shame we don't have the power to bring in Haaland because he would be the perfect replacement for Vardy. If we could bring him in this summer, we could have had him starting and Vardy becoming a backup, super sub who is slowly getting reduced playing time to manage him.

If we finished Top 4 and Dortmund fail to qualify for CL it would have been a slight potential, however, he is destined for one of the big PL clubs who will play CL on a regular basis.

I have seen Abraham mentioned on here if Haaland does rock up at Chelsea. I wouldn't say no. I really hope that we get someone in this summer so that Vardy is still here and can start to be eased out, hand over duties to his replacement. Getting Top 4 is so important to give us the power to draw players in to the club and keep the big assets we already have.

Haha mate if we signed Haaland people would forget the name Vardy quicker than the man himself could down a jagerbomb.

Him and Mbappe are two of the best strikers on the planet - proper world class, not the fake world class that some people think our Vardy is. His next stop will be somewhere like PSG, Man City, Juventus. We probably do have a better chance of signing him than Bayern do though, so we can take a crumb of comfort in that :D

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Iheanacho might want to stay around, when Vardy goes he might see himself able to be number one over whoever comes in.

I think Kelechi is useful to have around still, and also he seems to be best pals with Wilf - even if its just to keep Wilf happy i'd offer him a new deal!

• Like 2

Can see Vardy now, at his age, agreeing to be an important substitute when needed him in the second-half of games.

Think he'd be willing to play a bit-part player to prolong his playing career, obviously depending on what Brendan thinks is right.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 3
31 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Exactly this, what if we let Iheanacho go and Edouard gets an injury, what if we let Iheanacho go and then realise he was better than Edouard? I thought Edouard was supposed to be Vardy replacement.

We paid £25million for Nacho and I think he needs selling in the summer with 1 year left on his contract. Get Edouard in as he plays a lot more like Vardy than Nacho. Then scout for a young and hungry striker to be an understudy for Vards.

I agree with the notion that it’s hard to find a decent back up striker when it’s obvious who the main man is, look at the trouble spurs have had since Kane has been there.

Nachos not perfect but has made some big contributions this season (and last) and for me definitely deserves a new deal. 

If we can get Eduoard I’d be happy with Vardy starting 25-30 games ( all being well) Eduoard starting 20 and Nacho filling the gaps. Sadly think next season may be Vardys last as our main man 😢😢😢😢😢

Iheanacho would be stupid to sign a new deal if we sign another striker, he should be looking to go somewhere he will be first choice at this stage of his career. OK, if no-one came in for him this summer then he may not have a choice. You can't keep 3 strikers happy if they all want to play, unless you play 2 up front regularly. 

7 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Iheanacho would be stupid to sign a new deal if we sign another striker, he should be looking to go somewhere he will be first choice at this stage of his career. OK, if no-one came in for him this summer then he may not have a choice. You can't keep 3 strikers happy if they all want to play, unless you play 2 up front regularly. 

I disagree, if he’s happy to come in and out the side then keep him. 24 is no age for a striker and I think he’s only going to keep improving. He’s probably not got the potential to score 20 goals a season but someone who knows where the back of the net is is a good option to turn to. 

As well, I’m not sure if he’d suit going to a team lower down the table with less possession. Look at how his game suffers when we don’t have the ball and he doesn’t have the option to come deep and get on the ball as much. He’d perfect for Brighton but most of the lower sides either want pace or a target to hit. 

Further to this, he’s playing under Rodgers and with his mate Wilf. 

Surely we will need to sell the likes of nacho to fund new signings. We have lost a fortune this year. In a perfect world, we would keep him but can't see it personally as he will want to play and perez will be 3rd choice option as he can also be an option in a number of positions. 

Iheanacho is reportedly on 80k a week here, he is highly unlikely to get that sort of money again bit him being available on a free or at a cut down price will make him more desirable to other teams and him still be able to get chuffed up more than he would do if we were selling him with a few years left on his deal.

I'm not sure how it will play out by I think he will move on.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Haha mate if we signed Haaland people would forget the name Vardy quicker than the man himself could down a jagerbomb.

Him and Mbappe are two of the best strikers on the planet - proper world class, not the fake world class that some people think our Vardy is. His next stop will be somewhere like PSG, Man City, Juventus. We probably do have a better chance of signing him than Bayern do though, so we can take a crumb of comfort in that :D

Not sure if you're serious on that? Vardy hasn't been as clinical of late but in his prime vardy was / is definitely world class. Had one of the best shot / goal conversion rates on the planet when at his best, and helped fired a ragtag team to title winners in own of the biggest leagues! Blasphemy to negate that as a Leicester fan.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, whitlock said:

I think Kelechi is useful to have around still, and also he seems to be best pals with Wilf - even if its just to keep Wilf happy i'd offer him a new deal!

Indeed. I was going to say the same. If he's happy with the role that he has at the moment, then I am more than happy to keep him on personally. 

9 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Not sure if you're serious on that? Vardy hasn't been as clinical of late but in his prime vardy was / is definitely world class. Had one of the best shot / goal conversion rates on the planet when at his best, and helped fired a ragtag team to title winners in own of the biggest leagues! Blasphemy to negate that as a Leicester fan.

See if it was down to him firing us to a title we wouldn't have bombed the season after. The truth of it is that he's a very good premier league striker who has been afforded more minutes than most strikers at this level as well as being a penalty taker, so his numbers always look impressive.

I actually spent ages doing a comparison of his minutes/goals ratio and it came out very similar to most of the "main" strikers in the league. He was very similar to Callum Wilson and Danny Ings

I understand I'm in a minority, probably the same minority that doesn't believe that Danny Simpson and Marc Albrighton aren't the greatest players never to get an England cap :D

• Haha 3

We need two things from a new striker- the ability to fit into the team and to notch a healthy return of goals and also to allow Vardy to wind down, stay fresh and not be restricted by the knocks and niggles he's getting.

Hopefully Eduoard fits the bill.