majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Arsenal have of a knack of not giving their foreign youngsters playing time in the 1st team, if Arteta wants Gabriel Martinelli to go out on loan this summer to another EPL club we should sign him. He's going to be a future star and we may get a chance to sign him up permanently.

• Haha 1

Over their whole premier league careers,

Vardy has 0.54 goals per 90 minute, or a goal every 166 minutes.

Barnes has 0.36 goals per 90 minutes, or a goal every 249 minutes.

Don't know what stats @filbertwaywas looking at, but for those two as an example it's not even close.

For Ings it's slightly closer, 0.46 goals every 90 minutes or a goal every 192 minutes. But still shows Vardy a level above.

Edited by Facecloth
5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Arsenal have of a knack of not giving their foreign youngsters playing time in the 1st team, if Arteta wants Gabriel Martinelli to go out on loan this summer to another EPL club we should sign him. He's going to be a future star and we may get a chance to sign him up permanently.

He'll be class but they wouldn't let us have him, like AMN.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Vardys game is about so much more than this, I can't believe a City fan couldn't see this

To be honest if people haven't worked that out by now then there isn't really much hope. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I spent ages on it one day, I remember I even added Glenn Murray or Ashley Barnes into the mix for a laugh and they weren't far off.

I'm about to get extremely drunk on cider, but I'll dig it out on Monday when I'm back on my work pc.

It's definitely closer in my head, I love setting myself up for a fall on here lol

Anyway, if you're reading Jamie, I love you and think you're great, I'm just not having you at the same level as Aguero, Haaland, Lewandowski and Mbappe :D

You have offered a good number of limited opinions.  Are you a Forest Fan?  

5 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’d say we need to be signing 2 strikers even without any leaving!

Really? Surely Vardy, Iheanacho and Edourd would be plenty. Anymore would risk upsetting the squad dynamic.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've caught this very late but what is this based on, his PL career or the title winning season? 

Dunno but you have to look on Wikipedia to find that of all the players to score more than 100 PL goals, there’s only six with a better strike rate than Vardy!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_with_100_or_more_Premier_League_goals

Only Kane, Shearer, Aguero, Henry, Wright and Van Persie have a better goals to games ratio 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s easy to be skeptical of Edouard’s numbers in the SPL, but his France U-21 goal rate is bonkers.  Weak opposition?

The level of player that don't even get a gig for France U21 is equally as valid as the scoring record. They are a nation that produce so many good young players.

• Like 2

Random one to throw into the mix but was about Lucas Vasquez as a defensively minded RW. Not the Mahrezesque left footed RW we were hoping for, but has spent half the season at RB for them so should be solid defensively. 

Has bags of experience winning the champions league 3 times at Madrid, and has 9 caps for Spain, and is available on a free in the summer. 

29 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Random one to throw into the mix but was about Lucas Vasquez as a defensively minded RW. Not the Mahrezesque left footed RW we were hoping for, but has spent half the season at RB for them so should be solid defensively. 

Has bags of experience winning the champions league 3 times at Madrid, and has 9 caps for Spain, and is available on a free in the summer. 

One of these players that will almost certainly flop wherever he goes after Madrid. Another Jese Rodriguez type, as much as he does a job at times for Madrid.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Percy more or less confirms we’re in for Edouard, though suggests the deal would be worth around 20m.

I’d imagine it’ll be £15m up front with some performance related add-ons for the extra £5m.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

One of these players that will almost certainly flop wherever he goes after Madrid. Another Jese Rodriguez type, as much as he does a job at times for Madrid.

Fair enough, certainly wouldn’t be my first choice and not seen enough of him recently but saw he was available on a free if we’re short of cash.