Jump to content
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Harsh @Sankey93! He does show his rawness from time to time, but IMO he's too good to spend a year in the Championship. Even if JJ and Castagne were fully fit, I suspect with CLor EL games next season, Thomas would play 15+ matches. Would it be a gamble to ask him to play more? Yes it would. But one we should take rather than sign a player on the decline.

I think it would do him the world of good! Maybe I am being a little harsh but he needs more experience and with Castagne and Ricky he won’t get a chance here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree partly. I think Edouard/Daka, Faivre/Thauvin and Soumare would be great. Not convinced we need Tarkowski. If it's a steal, then maybe, but I think CB is a low priority position. Just no to Bertrand. He's just going to be in Thomas's way. I'd much rather Thomas got the experience whenever Ricardo or Castagne were unavailable. Then when JJ's back around November, we'd have one too many full-backs. I'd maybe think about getting in a LB on a short-term loan to cover JJ, but I don't think it's that important.

 

As for James, Fuchs and Morgan - do you really think we need to replace them? Fuchs and Morgan are only emergency cover these days. If we hadn't had such rotten luck with injuries in defence earlier in the season, neither would have played. I think Thomas is Fuchs's replacement, and we might sign that Neilson from Dundee who would replace both. When was the last time Matty James played for us? I think we're managing alright without him. We don't have to replace deadwood. We just have to get rid. Agree re: Hamza. I just think we've outgrown him, sadly. KDH will be added to the squad, anyway. Agree re: Under, as well. No chance we'll be buying him.

Yeah when you put it like that it make sense. I’m not convinced with Thomas yet tho! If we want to big a regular top 6 side we need to replace these players with better ones in case again we get injuries etc! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Yeah when you put it like that it make sense. I’m not convinced with Thomas yet tho! If we want to big a regular top 6 side we need to replace these players with better ones in case again we get injuries etc! 

We don't have the finances to purchase two top players for every position. We have to bring along youth players, either ones who have come through our academy or young players we have spotted in the lower leagues as in JJ.

Needless to say but young players have mistakes in them but that is the price of  having a sustainable football club.

We are a long way from the Manchester method of buy, buy, buy.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Contract being extended and he is being pulled into the first team for next season unfortunately!

 

With the money issues Barcelona have they are seemingly starting to bring through a lot of the more talented youth players they have into the first team

I'd read that they were still yet to make a decision on Collado and that they don't have an option to automatically extend. There's a fair amount of unrest from the academy players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Celtic defender Jack Hendry.

Hendry is currently on loan at Belgian top tier side K.V. Oostende, where he has made 23 appearances for Alexander Blessin's side.

Hendry has one year left on his contract with his parent club but could be on the way out in the summer with website 90min.com reporting that City and Premier League rivals West Ham United, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are all keen on the player.

 

Reports claim that Oostende would like to take up the option to sign Hendry for £2 million this summer with the potential to make around five times that by selling him on to Premier League clubs interested.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I think it would do him the world of good! Maybe I am being a little harsh but he needs more experience and with Castagne and Ricky he won’t get a chance here.

Thomas has proved already he's good enough to survive at this level. Keep giving him games here and there and watch him grow further. He'd be wasted in he Championship imo, I'm not sure that would do his develpment much good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Celtic defender Jack Hendry.

Hendry is currently on loan at Belgian top tier side K.V. Oostende, where he has made 23 appearances for Alexander Blessin's side.

Hendry has one year left on his contract with his parent club but could be on the way out in the summer with website 90min.com reporting that City and Premier League rivals West Ham United, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are all keen on the player.

 

Reports claim that Oostende would like to take up the option to sign Hendry for £2 million this summer with the potential to make around five times that by selling him on to Premier League clubs interested.

Sweet baby jesus, I hope not!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

Yeah when you put it like that it make sense. I’m not convinced with Thomas yet tho! If we want to big a regular top 6 side we need to replace these players with better ones in case again we get injuries etc! 

Thanks. I can understand re: Thomas, as he has blown hot and cold somewhat. However, I think that's to be expected from a player his age, and I think the good outweighs the bad. In fact, there are areas of his game that are already very impressive, such as his crossing. I think he's shown he is worth his place in the squad as backup left-back. He will have off days - that's all part and parcel of learning - at this level, especially - but he will only get better overall. Not saying it's going to be the same for Thomas, but just look at JJ. His improvement this season was astonishing, really. Brendan has a reputation for helping develop young players, and I'm sure JJ's improvement was in no small part down to the manager and coaching staff. Again, I'm not expecting exactly the same with Thomas next season, but I am sure he's in great hands.

 

I couldn't agree more re: improving the squad. I think we have some really good depth in defence now. We have 3 very good centre-halves and three very good full-backs. With everyone fit, we'll have two excellent defenders on the bench. I think we just need to achieve the same depth with midfielders and attackers. We do have a bit of work to do, but I don't believe we're that far off. If we can get all the signings right, and don't sell any of our best players, I'd say we could achieve it by signing a striker, a couple of wingers and a midfielder. Depending on how good KDH and Sowah turn out to be, it may even be just the one winger and a striker we need. We shall see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, happy85 said:

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Celtic defender Jack Hendry.

Hendry is currently on loan at Belgian top tier side K.V. Oostende, where he has made 23 appearances for Alexander Blessin's side.

Hendry has one year left on his contract with his parent club but could be on the way out in the summer with website 90min.com reporting that City and Premier League rivals West Ham United, Newcastle and Crystal Palace are all keen on the player.

 

Reports claim that Oostende would like to take up the option to sign Hendry for £2 million this summer with the potential to make around five times that by selling him on to Premier League clubs interested.

Comedy Gold. He could barely play for Celtic. Celtic loaning him tells you all you need to know.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Thanks. I can understand re: Thomas, as he has blown hot and cold somewhat. However, I think that's to be expected from a player his age, and I think the good outweighs the bad. In fact, there are areas of his game that are already very impressive, such as his crossing. I think he's shown he is worth his place in the squad as backup left-back. He will have off days - that's all part and parcel of learning - at this level, especially - but he will only get better overall. Not saying it's going to be the same for Thomas, but just look at JJ. His improvement this season was astonishing, really. Brendan has a reputation for helping develop young players, and I'm sure JJ's improvement was in no small part down to the manager and coaching staff. Again, I'm not expecting exactly the same with Thomas next season, but I am sure he's in great hands.

 

I couldn't agree more re: improving the squad. I think we have some really good depth in defence now. We have 3 very good centre-halves and three very good full-backs. With everyone fit, we'll have two excellent defenders on the bench. I think we just need to achieve the same depth with midfielders and attackers. We do have a bit of work to do, but I don't believe we're that far off. If we can get all the signings right, and don't sell any of our best players, I'd say we could achieve it by signing a striker, a couple of wingers and a midfielder. Depending on how good KDH and Sowah turn out to be, it may even be just the one winger and a striker we need. We shall see.

JJ came through the leagues tho and got a lot of experience with Luton. I hope Thomas turns out that same tbf I really do. I’m just worried that we will fall behind if we don’t get our cheque book out. KDH has been superb in the championship and looks a real player and it will Help him having that year down there. Brendan will develop him aswell like he does with all our players! I haven’t seen sowah apart from YouTube clips and they make every player look good Lol. I reckon Edouard is a certain to be a Leicester player next season and we 100% need a quality winger.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

JJ came through the leagues tho and got a lot of experience with Luton. I hope Thomas turns out that same tbf I really do. I’m just worried that we will fall behind if we don’t get our cheque book out. KDH has been superb in the championship and looks a real player and it will Help him having that year down there. Brendan will develop him aswell like he does with all our players! I haven’t seen sowah apart from YouTube clips and they make every player look good Lol. I reckon Edouard is a certain to be a Leicester player next season and we 100% need a quality winger.

Thomas has played more football already than Ben Chilwell at the same age. He's up against 3 really good full backs, we've arguably the best 4 in the league. He's progressing nicely, he'll get another few games before the season is out.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If we signed Jack Hendry for £10m, Celtics season ticket sales would plummet because half their fan base would die laughing. 

Would have died laughing. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I agree partly. I think Edouard/Daka, Faivre/Thauvin and Soumare would be great. Not convinced we need Tarkowski. If it's a steal, then maybe, but I think CB is a low priority position. Just no to Bertrand. He's just going to be in Thomas's way. I'd much rather Thomas got the experience whenever Ricardo or Castagne were unavailable. Then when JJ's back around November, we'd have one too many full-backs. I'd maybe think about getting in a LB on a short-term loan to cover JJ, but I don't think it's that important.

 

As for James, Fuchs and Morgan - do you really think we need to replace them? Fuchs and Morgan are only emergency cover these days. If we hadn't had such rotten luck with injuries in defence earlier in the season, neither would have played. I think Thomas is Fuchs's replacement, and we might sign that Neilson from Dundee who would replace both. When was the last time Matty James played for us? I think we're managing alright without him. We don't have to replace deadwood. We just have to get rid. Agree re: Hamza. I just think we've outgrown him, sadly. KDH will be added to the squad, anyway. Agree re: Under, as well. No chance we'll be buying him.

"we might sign that Neilson from Dundee who would replace both" Been there, done that, nice hair, but it didn't work out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Found a replacement for Vardy. Just sign Haaland

Dads too old and not a striker, cousin too young and only scored goals at youth level in Norway and lad is not going to come here when all the best teams in the world want him. Unless there is another Haaland relation you're referring to. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jayfox26 said:

Dads too old and not a striker, cousin too young and only scored goals at youth level in Norway and lad is not going to come here when all the best teams in the world want him. Unless there is another Haaland relation you're referring to. 

Would honestly go buy his cousin and hope he is as much of a freak of nature as Erling

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Would honestly go buy his cousin and hope he is as much of a freak of nature as Erling

Yes could be worth a shot but no doubt Raiola has signed him/will sign him up and any team wanting to sign him will have ridiculous clauses inserted into any contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...