Jump to content
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

...interesting revelation!!!

I remember speaking with @Muzzy_Larsson  regarding Edouards' reaction to not coming here at the start of this  season,  and @Muzzy_Larsson said there was no kicking off and no expectation of dissent to come from Edouard, as he wasn't that type of player.

 I suspected at the time there was probably an agreement in place for him to leave at the end of this season, and was the reason he was comfortable with the situation. 

  In view of this you can, to some extent, understand the drop off in respect of performances and his bout of Covid and his long recovery from the illness, perhaps has not helped, in the perception of his overall application throughout the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

McAvennie is one of the biggest helmets allowed a voice in football.

Absolutely. His lasting legacy in the world of football is that he was an alcoholic womaniser. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We should go after Patson Daka, everyone seems to think he's the next Erling Haaland 310700.jpg.cd772c37b013f3f5a5aeee159f638a24.jpgpatson_daka.jpg.3d77400a526355bbf687bcf3dcf9223e.jpg

Reports here are that Arsenal are sniffing. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely. His lasting legacy in the world of football is that he was an alcoholic womaniser. 

And the fact he was a very good player back in the 80s teamed with Cottee 

Link to post
Share on other sites

IF we get top 4 and we want a successful Champions League run (quarters maybe who knows) and premier league top 6 again we would need the following or similar signings...  this is based on loose links and previous interest and staying realistic.

 

Striker - Edouard  

 

 Attacking midfielder - Otavio

 

Wide forward/Winger - Thauvin

 

Left back -  maybe loan off a big club from Europe that isn’t getting game time until JJ ready again. Really dependant on Ricardo/Castagne fitness and how much we think Luke Thomas ready.

 

Centre back - again I’m  unsure on this one because it really depends on what formation we want to stick with as if JJ was fit he can play in a 3 aswell.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn’t Edouard have covid? He’s had a respiratory illness that must really take it out of professional athletes so for McAvennie to level that at him is daft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Florian Thauvin - Not really much of an update, just that we are still interested in him, along with AC Milan and Sevilla. Also mentions it may also be possible that he ends up signing a new deal at Marseille

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Given Chelsea's track record, reckon there's any chance Conor Gallagher will be available in the summer?

 

He's looked decent on loan at West Brom, a good all-rounder in midfielder. Could provide cover, and at 21 has a decent ceiling for growth.

 

Edit: Actually never mind.

 

 

Edited by ScrumpyJack
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Mods put in a bid for Camila Giorgi to replace Rachel Riley for the Match-Thread lucky lovely lady?  Definite up-grade to help the us in the run-in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Given Chelsea's track record, reckon there's any chance Conor Gallagher will be available in the summer?

 

He's looked decent on loan at West Brom, a good all-rounder in midfielder. Could provide cover, and at 21 has a decent ceiling for growth.

 

Edit: Actually never mind.

 

 

Fvck me I turned that off quick

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScrumpyJack said:

Given Chelsea's track record, reckon there's any chance Conor Gallagher will be available in the summer?

 

He's looked decent on loan at West Brom, a good all-rounder in midfielder. Could provide cover, and at 21 has a decent ceiling for growth.

 

Edit: Actually never mind.

 

 

Christ

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sportslens.com/inter-milan-eyeing-up-leicesters-youri-tielemans/340158/

 

Not our target but.......

 

Inter Milan eyeing up Leicester’s Youri Tielemans

By

 charliestewart

 -

15 March, 2021

Inter Milan are preparing a move for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, according to a report by Spanish outlet Fichajes.net.

Tielemans came to Leicester City in the January transfer window of 2019 from Monaco, initially on loan for six months. After impressing during his loan spell, he earned a £35 million permanent move to the King Power Stadium.

 

Tielemans has impressed at Leicester

In his first full season, the Belgium international continued his fine form, helping the Foxes to a fifth place finish. This campaign, he has shone once again as his side sits in third.

His performances in the Premier League have attracted the attention of Inter Milan, as reported by Fichajes.net.

The Nerazzurri are enjoying a sensational season in the league, sitting nine points clear at the top of the Serie A table with just 11 games left to play. At this rate, they are on course to win their first piece of silverware since 2011.

However, their performances in other competitions has not been so impressive. They were knocked out in the group stages in the Champions League, finishing fourth in a group with Real Madrid, Borussia Monchengladbach, and Shakhtar Donetsk.

In addition, they were knocked out of the Coppa Italia at the semi-finals stage by Juventus thanks to a brace by Cristiano Ronaldo.

If Antonio Conte’s men wish to launch another title challenge next season and compete on all three fronts, then more depth in their squad will be necessary. Furthermore, there is every chance that the likes of Nicolo Barella and Christian Eriksen could depart in the summer, leaving a gap in midfield.

Conte has had a great league campaign with Inter, but he may need more next season

Fichajes.net reports that Inter Milan are willing to offer €40m for the 23-year-old. For a player of his talent and age, it is unlikely that this will be enough to prise him away from Leicester – especially given that his current contract doesn’t expire until 2023.

Back in February, Tielemans commented on his future, suggesting that he is happy where he is.

As quoted by Goal, Tielemans said: “It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future, but I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here.

“You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://sportslens.com/inter-milan-eyeing-up-leicesters-youri-tielemans/340158/

 

Not our target but.......

 

Inter Milan eyeing up Leicester’s Youri Tielemans

By

 charliestewart

 -

15 March, 2021

Inter Milan are preparing a move for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, according to a report by Spanish outlet Fichajes.net.

Tielemans came to Leicester City in the January transfer window of 2019 from Monaco, initially on loan for six months. After impressing during his loan spell, he earned a £35 million permanent move to the King Power Stadium.

 

Tielemans has impressed at Leicester

In his first full season, the Belgium international continued his fine form, helping the Foxes to a fifth place finish. This campaign, he has shone once again as his side sits in third.

His performances in the Premier League have attracted the attention of Inter Milan, as reported by Fichajes.net.

The Nerazzurri are enjoying a sensational season in the league, sitting nine points clear at the top of the Serie A table with just 11 games left to play. At this rate, they are on course to win their first piece of silverware since 2011.

However, their performances in other competitions has not been so impressive. They were knocked out in the group stages in the Champions League, finishing fourth in a group with Real Madrid, Borussia Monchengladbach, and Shakhtar Donetsk.

In addition, they were knocked out of the Coppa Italia at the semi-finals stage by Juventus thanks to a brace by Cristiano Ronaldo.

If Antonio Conte’s men wish to launch another title challenge next season and compete on all three fronts, then more depth in their squad will be necessary. Furthermore, there is every chance that the likes of Nicolo Barella and Christian Eriksen could depart in the summer, leaving a gap in midfield.

Conte has had a great league campaign with Inter, but he may need more next season

Fichajes.net reports that Inter Milan are willing to offer €40m for the 23-year-old. For a player of his talent and age, it is unlikely that this will be enough to prise him away from Leicester – especially given that his current contract doesn’t expire until 2023.

Back in February, Tielemans commented on his future, suggesting that he is happy where he is.

As quoted by Goal, Tielemans said: “It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future, but I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here.

“You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it.”

Inter Milan offering 40mil euros lol that must be a joke

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Inter Milan offering 40mil euros lol that must be a joke

I don't think we would sell him for double that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the reporter missed the '1' before the 40. Who actually writes this nonsense?!? I think even if they stumped up the cash there's very little chance he'd go there. Massive step down in terms of the profile of the league and the slow ponderous nature of the game in Italy with deep lying defensive units wouldn't suit his quick thinking style. Now if this was Real I might be more concerned, but I genuinely can't see him going anywhere unless it's to Man City, PSG, Real, Bayern, or Barca and possibly only 2 of those teams could afford him at the current time given the situation with Covid, one of which I think would be pretty reluctant to meet our valuation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://sportslens.com/inter-milan-eyeing-up-leicesters-youri-tielemans/340158/

 

Not our target but.......

 

Inter Milan eyeing up Leicester’s Youri Tielemans

By

 charliestewart

 -

15 March, 2021

Inter Milan are preparing a move for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, according to a report by Spanish outlet Fichajes.net.

Tielemans came to Leicester City in the January transfer window of 2019 from Monaco, initially on loan for six months. After impressing during his loan spell, he earned a £35 million permanent move to the King Power Stadium.

 

Tielemans has impressed at Leicester

In his first full season, the Belgium international continued his fine form, helping the Foxes to a fifth place finish. This campaign, he has shone once again as his side sits in third.

His performances in the Premier League have attracted the attention of Inter Milan, as reported by Fichajes.net.

The Nerazzurri are enjoying a sensational season in the league, sitting nine points clear at the top of the Serie A table with just 11 games left to play. At this rate, they are on course to win their first piece of silverware since 2011.

However, their performances in other competitions has not been so impressive. They were knocked out in the group stages in the Champions League, finishing fourth in a group with Real Madrid, Borussia Monchengladbach, and Shakhtar Donetsk.

In addition, they were knocked out of the Coppa Italia at the semi-finals stage by Juventus thanks to a brace by Cristiano Ronaldo.

If Antonio Conte’s men wish to launch another title challenge next season and compete on all three fronts, then more depth in their squad will be necessary. Furthermore, there is every chance that the likes of Nicolo Barella and Christian Eriksen could depart in the summer, leaving a gap in midfield.

Conte has had a great league campaign with Inter, but he may need more next season

Fichajes.net reports that Inter Milan are willing to offer €40m for the 23-year-old. For a player of his talent and age, it is unlikely that this will be enough to prise him away from Leicester – especially given that his current contract doesn’t expire until 2023.

Back in February, Tielemans commented on his future, suggesting that he is happy where he is.

As quoted by Goal, Tielemans said: “It’s brilliant to be here. I really like it here. We’ll see what’s coming in the future, but I think the environment is just perfect to win trophies here.

“You can’t predict the future but I think everything around the club and inside the club is made for it.”

Couldn't afford him, strugglng financially as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...