majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

19 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Ric FlairI think renewal of contracts will eat into our budget heavily, and remember we already are at wages being 107% of revenue. Barnes and Tielemans are believed to be closing on on new deals, and I'd imagine Ricardo, Soyuncu, Nacho, Justin, Albrighton would be in line for extensions over the next 12 months too. Plus we have stadium improvements to pay for on top of that! Compare us to Spurs under Poch, they never signed that many players as most of their money was tied up in their new stadium and keeping their stars at the club.

I think we will spend more than they did, but our net spend this season was only 10m. I can't see us going above 30m even if bagged Champions League qualification personally.

That said, the club has been brilliant over the last 5 years, and the 10m net spend this season was hugely effective, even with one of those players not doing so much for us. 

We are in danger of doing a Middlesbrough or even worse a Leeds United. They both gambled on buying position in the league and lost. There is one big difference though, both those clubs paid record transfer fees to buy in talent. Not club record fees but league record fees.  Actually that's one massive difference as our recruitment is thought to be one of the most cost effective in the league.

As long as the club can continue to have as many hits as there are flops in recruitment then the club should be able to support the growing wage bill offset by rapidly rising player asset value. In the end though, that can only take you so far but by then hopefully other revenue streams of advertising, subscriptions, merchandise and sponsorship have all grown nicely to address the wages imbalance.

Edited by Bazly
11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope we got Agent Slim and Agent Deidre on the case...

Sounds like both teams' defences were as laughably gappy as the pre match team photo

Edited by Nalis
11 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hope we got Agent Slim and Agent Deidre on the case...

Those Algerian goalscorers look decent. We’re in the market for a centre forward and a right winger we should check them out 

• Haha 1

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/25/never-thought-about-leaving-title-winning-star-had-no-interest-in-joining-leicester/

Porto star Otavio has made it clear he never planned to walk away from the Primeira Liga champions despite being linked with Leicester City, AC Milan and Roma, speaking to JN. 

Much to the relief of everyone at the Estadio do Dragao, their influential midfielder won’t be leaving on a free transfer this summer after all. 

Otavio’s contract was due to expire in July and clubs were queuing up to strike a bargain deal for a man who has produced an impressive 23 assists since the start of last season. 

But, after months of speculation, Otavio has finally put pen to paper on a new £50,000-a-week deal – one that puts him among the highest earners at the Dragao.  

“I never thought about leaving FC Porto for free. I always wanted to help the club and help me too,” explains the former Internacional star, suggesting Leicester, Milan and co were always barking up the wrong tree. 

“Choosing FC Porto was the best decision I ever made and I’m very happy. It is a dream come true to renew because I feel at home here. I want to be able to show even more in the coming years and win more things.” 

Otavio, who spoke in glowing terms about the impact Porto boss Sergio Conceicao has had on his career, looks set to lose his Primeira Liga crown before the season is out with Sporting Lisbon ten points clear at the top. 

But at least the 25-year-old will be sticking around to snatch his trophy back in 2022.

44 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/25/never-thought-about-leaving-title-winning-star-had-no-interest-in-joining-leicester/

Porto star Otavio has made it clear he never planned to walk away from the Primeira Liga champions despite being linked with Leicester City, AC Milan and Roma, speaking to JN. 

Much to the relief of everyone at the Estadio do Dragao, their influential midfielder won’t be leaving on a free transfer this summer after all. 

Otavio’s contract was due to expire in July and clubs were queuing up to strike a bargain deal for a man who has produced an impressive 23 assists since the start of last season. 

But, after months of speculation, Otavio has finally put pen to paper on a new £50,000-a-week deal – one that puts him among the highest earners at the Dragao.  

“I never thought about leaving FC Porto for free. I always wanted to help the club and help me too,” explains the former Internacional star, suggesting Leicester, Milan and co were always barking up the wrong tree. 

“Choosing FC Porto was the best decision I ever made and I’m very happy. It is a dream come true to renew because I feel at home here. I want to be able to show even more in the coming years and win more things.” 

Otavio, who spoke in glowing terms about the impact Porto boss Sergio Conceicao has had on his career, looks set to lose his Primeira Liga crown before the season is out with Sporting Lisbon ten points clear at the top. 

But at least the 25-year-old will be sticking around to snatch his trophy back in 2022.

In fairness, nice to see a football play for football, rather than the wage inflated packet. All the best to him.

• Like 2

Looks like there will be plenty of interest in Ghezzal in the summer

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-everything-sign-leicester-player-summer-future-king-power-uncertain-rodgers/

Club ‘will do everything’ to sign Leicester player this summer – Future at King Power ‘uncertain’ under Rodgers

Flopping hard at Leicester City following his move from Olympique Lyonnais back in 2018, Rachid Ghezzal has had to go on a handful of loans in order to avoid stagnating on the King Power Stadium bench.

The first was to Fiorentina, where the Algeria international had a difficult time for most of his time there, and a return to the Foxes saw him seek out another temporary deal, ending up at Besiktas.

This time, however, the loan has gone very well, with the winger assisting 13 goals and scoring one in 21 league appearances this season, which has caused the Turkish club to seek a permanent deal.

The news comes from Foot Mercato in France, who reveal Besiktas ‘will do everything to keep him at the end of the season’, with Ghezzal’s future at Leicester ‘uncertain since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t really count on him’.

However, his performances in the Süper Lig haven’t gone unnoticed by the other big guns, since Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and ‘other European clubs’ could ‘come knocking at the door, especially if he ends the season as he started it’.

That could be great news for Leicester, who didn’t include a purchase clause in the loan with Besiktas, meaning that any club wanting to buy Ghezzal will have to start negotiations from scratch.

With one year left on the player’s contract, there will be limits as to the amount the Foxes can secure, but this is exactly what they will have been hoping for when they agreed to the move in the first place.

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-will-everything-sign-leicester-player-summer-future-king-power-uncertain-rodgers/

Club ‘will do everything’ to sign Leicester player this summer – Future at King Power ‘uncertain’ under Rodgers

Flopping hard at Leicester City following his move from Olympique Lyonnais back in 2018, Rachid Ghezzal has had to go on a handful of loans in order to avoid stagnating on the King Power Stadium bench.

The first was to Fiorentina, where the Algeria international had a difficult time for most of his time there, and a return to the Foxes saw him seek out another temporary deal, ending up at Besiktas.

This time, however, the loan has gone very well, with the winger assisting 13 goals and scoring one in 21 league appearances this season, which has caused the Turkish club to seek a permanent deal.

The news comes from Foot Mercato in France, who reveal Besiktas ‘will do everything to keep him at the end of the season’, with Ghezzal’s future at Leicester ‘uncertain since Brendan Rodgers doesn’t really count on him’.

However, his performances in the Süper Lig haven’t gone unnoticed by the other big guns, since Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe and ‘other European clubs’ could ‘come knocking at the door, especially if he ends the season as he started it’.

That could be great news for Leicester, who didn’t include a purchase clause in the loan with Besiktas, meaning that any club wanting to buy Ghezzal will have to start negotiations from scratch.

With one year left on the player’s contract, there will be limits as to the amount the Foxes can secure, but this is exactly what they will have been hoping for when they agreed to the move in the first place.

Wasn’t he another one like Perez who didn’t really have the speed to be a winger but might have been ok as a 10? Perhaps he would have been useful in recent times when we’ve been thin in that position.

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

If we can recoup 8 million for Ghezzal that's great news tbf, small margins like that improve our flexibility next window a lot.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/R90KO2/avslojar-landslagsmittbacken-jagas-av-premier-league-klubbar

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/filip-helander-attracting-rangers-transfer-23804759.amp

Allegedly us and Aston Villa are interested in Rangers CB Filip Helander

If we have a limited budget what is the must have position for transfer this summer, is it still RW as it was for sometime or has the need for a Striker, CAM another CB taken over?

I very much doubt we can go out and buy 2 players at 30m+ let alone 3 so it got me thinking what has hit us hardest with all the injuries this season and for me it’s been that Maddison position.
BR has managed to mould the players we have to cover various positions and formations and the switch to 3 (boring 5 when we lose) at the back and having WBs has kind of negated the in balance of not having a natural Barnes on the right and whilst Nacho and Perez have done well recently we miss that natural link player.

We know the most important player is Youri and if cards are dealt differently next season and he’s the 1 with a long term injury we would struggle but we can’t spend upwards of 30m just on cover for him, thankfully he seems robust and maybe KDH can cover for natural breaks so I’m thinking we need that 1 forward player who can play in various formations BR uses and I keep coming back to Courtinho.

If papers are to be believed he will only cost 35m then wages are down to him and the club but he can play left, right or centre and is comfortable in which ever position. So for 35m that covers the inverted wingers and #10 with full/wing backs providing width in what ever shape we play meaning he would play in most games so bang for buck it far outweighs a natural RW costing 30m+ who is limited to formation and another high costing centre #10 type.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

If we have a limited budget what is the must have position for transfer this summer, is it still RW as it was for sometime or has the need for a Striker, CAM another CB taken over?

I very much doubt we can go out and buy 2 players at 30m+ let alone 3 so it got me thinking what has hit us hardest with all the injuries this season and for me it’s been that Maddison position.
BR has managed to mould the players we have to cover various positions and formations and the switch to 3 (boring 5 when we lose) at the back and having WBs has kind of negated the in balance of not having a natural Barnes on the right and whilst Nacho and Perez have done well recently we miss that natural link player.

We know the most important player is Youri and if cards are dealt differently next season and he’s the 1 with a long term injury we would struggle but we can’t spend upwards of 30m just on cover for him, thankfully he seems robust and maybe KDH can cover for natural breaks so I’m thinking we need that 1 forward player who can play in various formations BR uses and I keep coming back to Courtinho.

If papers are to be believed he will only cost 35m then wages are down to him and the club but he can play left, right or centre and is comfortable in which ever position. So for 35m that covers the inverted wingers and #10 with full/wing backs providing width in what ever shape we play meaning he would play in most games so bang for buck it far outweighs a natural RW costing 30m+ who is limited to formation and another high costing centre #10 type.

....if Maddison is out then where does he fit!!!

If we continue this system with Maddison back, then there is no room, only the bench or go to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 (means dropping Nacho) in order to accommodate him. I understand the three in one theory but having him as a utility player seems a bit extravagant.

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

I think the right winger we sign will be one who is equally as adept at playing in the 10 role, like Faivre.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think the right winger we sign will be one who is equally as adept at playing in the 10 role, like Faivre.

Faivre or Trincao and we’re winning the league again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

If we could sign only one player it would be a RW for me

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

If we could sign only one player it would be a RW for me

Agreed. We all want a few players in a dream world, but realistically, we only need to strengthen in one area.

Another striker and Choudhury upgrade would be ideal.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Agreed. We all want a few players in a dream world, but realistically, we only need to strengthen in one area.

Another striker and Choudhury upgrade would be ideal.

Faivre or Trincao and let KDH and Tavares fight for Choudhury's positon in the squad. That seems realistic.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Jesus. Coutinho for 35mil. In my dreams. Still think his best position is somewhere between a deep lying playmaker and attacking midfielder. Think that playing him up in front three or on the wing has been his demise at Barca. Love to see him work with Rodgers again. Match made in heaven.