majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Isn't that a worrying generalisation though nowadays? Players are people that develop at different rates. How many players could we name that didn't come into their own until theirs early or mid 20s, our very own Vardy being a prime example but there's quite a number. How many young players suffer because they don't get loaned out quickly enough? Even more so though, how many supposed highly rated 18/19 year old don't make the grade? We've had plenty at our club.

KDH not having major stats is very subjective. Would his stats for example be better if he was at Norwich? Would Vardy have had even better stats if he'd had played for Man City?

KDH has been outstanding apparently at Luton and I'm sure Rodgers will be a good judge when he comes back. Taveres looked nothing special on his first appearance, but you wouldn't reasonably expect him to stand out on such a big occasion for him, though he did show great technique in that unlucky shot! Leshabela for me looked a little more ready but I know nothing much about either of them in fairness. All three are potentially more exciting young prospects and I trust Rodgers and his immediate staff to manage them regardless of age. It is, after all, a particular area where Rodgers supposedly shines which can only be a good thing for us.

KDH a was also a stand out at Blackpool in his other loan.  You can argue about the strength of opposition but both Barnes and chilwell had rave reviews from their ‘lower league loans’. 

• Like 1

If we want to continue playing three at the back, it's okay having Big Dan to step in but we need a fourth CB who can play at the level of Evans Fofana and Soy. I genuinely think with all the comps this is a priority. I look at a player like Tarkowski and think it would be an amazing acquisition to sure us up and give us the depth in quality we need. We have full backs and wing backs that with the exception of perhaps Thomas can play left or right side if need be in Justin Ricardo and Castagne which means two players for each of those positions as well as KDH which sures up the back line with both depth and quality.

In front of them, if we think Perez's role will be the Madders stand in at 10 moving forward - we still require a left sided and right sided forward/wing - the right sided player needs to be a nailed on starting quality player as it seems unlikely it will be Under even if we do send him back and try to buy him at a snip which I have my doubts about.

Kelichi can play in a two but not IMO as a lone striker in a 4-1-4-1 so we still need a 'Vardy replacement/alternative' to fulfil this role though I recognise he can't be 'replaced' as such...

That leaves us needing Ndidi back up that's probably not Mendy and Youri back up as well - Not sure yet how if and where Tavares will/can figure in this conundrum being honest.

Which leaves us arguably being in the market for:

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

Now I don't think we'll be for a minute buying six players in terms of cash and the market climate in this window but that's my random (and probably said before) target if we want to be in the long term aiming to emulate and be competitive with anything like the side we lost to on Saturday whilst playing in so many competitions. Let's be honest - even if we sell a few and get a few off the books like Hamza, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Under et al, the list above (to get real quality in) I envisage - inclusive of some amazing scouting and value to be costing at a minimum of upward of £125 million... And we are not spending that. I guess it won't be about prioritising positions - it rarely is these days. It'll be more about working on getting targets on our list with what funds we have and is available - rather than being able to pick and choose a particular position. Maybe we can do some exciting loans, 'Under style' with some of those massive clubs who are struggling financially like Barca etc...

If we had a baller in KDH he’d have better stats in a lower league! The problem leocester have is after youri, ndidi, Praet there’s a big drop off in quality and I don’t think KDH is of there quality or inbetween what we already have. KDH has only been linked with loan moves to higher end championship teams. Leicester are trying to crack on for top six and I mentioned age because I don’t think KDH would want to sit on a bench at 23 years old. Ultimately Soumare and perhaps a player like Tavares from the academy should be in reserve for Leicester. 

• Sad 1
36 minutes ago, Nick said:

If we want to continue playing three at the back, it's okay having Big Dan to step in but we need a fourth CB who can play at the level of Evans Fofana and Soy. I genuinely think with all the comps this is a priority. I look at a player like Tarkowski and think it would be an amazing acquisition to sure us up and give us the depth in quality we need. We have full backs and wing backs that with the exception of perhaps Thomas can play left or right side if need be in Justin Ricardo and Castagne which means two players for each of those positions as well as KDH which sures up the back line with both depth and quality.

In front of them, if we think Perez's role will be the Madders stand in at 10 moving forward - we still require a left sided and right sided forward/wing - the right sided player needs to be a nailed on starting quality player as it seems unlikely it will be Under even if we do send him back and try to buy him at a snip which I have my doubts about.

Kelichi can play in a two but not IMO as a lone striker in a 4-1-4-1 so we still need a 'Vardy replacement/alternative' to fulfil this role though I recognise he can't be 'replaced' as such...

That leaves us needing Ndidi back up that's probably not Mendy and Youri back up as well - Not sure yet how if and where Tavares will/can figure in this conundrum being honest.

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

Now I don't think we'll be for a minute buying six players in terms of cash and the market climate in this window but that's my random (and probably said before) target if we want to be in the long term aiming to emulate and be competitive with anything like the side we lost to on Saturday whilst playing in so many competitions. Let's be honest - even if we sell a few and get a few off the books like Hamza, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Under et al, the list above (to get real quality in) I envisage - inclusive of some amazing scouting and value to be costing at a minimum of upward of £125 million... And we are not spending that. I guess it won't be about prioritising positions - it rarely is these days. It'll be more about working on getting targets on our list with what funds we have and is available - rather than being able to pick and choose a particular position. Maybe we can do some exciting loans, 'Under style' with some of those massive clubs who are struggling financially like Barca etc...

We need a left footed CB if we are going to persist with 3 at the back, handy if they can fill in at left back too. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a left footed CB if we are going to persist with 3 at the back, handy if they can fill in at left back too. 

Ideally, yeah but both Evans and Soy albeit being right footed can play as left sided CB's as was and is Maguire.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

1 x CB (Tarks) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) 15m-25m

2 x Wide forwards (Thauvin free, Sowah back from OHL)

1 x No. 8 (KDH back from Luton) or Callum Mcgregor

1 x holding DCM ( Boubakary Soumaré) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) or Callum Mcgregor 15m -20m

1 x Striker (Edouard) 15m-20m 

If think the interest in Mcgregor is his flexablity, being able to play 6, 8 and 10.  

Would be my take going on noises in the media, maybe looking at 50-60m, whihc would be are normal 20m net spend plus 40m CL money which mean we can bank some CL money.

Would be surpised if we spend more then 20m-50m without a major out going.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

1 x CB (Tarks) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) 15m-25m

2 x Wide forwards (Thauvin free, Sowah back from OHL)

1 x No. 8 (KDH back from Luton) or Callum Mcgregor

1 x holding DCM ( Boubakary Soumaré) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) or Callum Mcgregor 15m -20m

1 x Striker (Edouard) 15m-20m 

If think the interest in Mcgregor is his flexablity, being able to play 6, 8 and 10.  

Would be my take going on noises in the media, maybe looking at 50-60m, whihc would be are normal 20m net spend plus 40m CL money which mean we can bank some CL money.

Would be surpised if we spend more then 20m-50m without a major out going.

The sale of Perez and Choudhury could potentially fund up to 25 of that.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don’t think we will be selling Perez. Offers us cover in a few positions. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Surely no chance we would sell Perez? I'd be open to it for a decent return but he looks today like the B game Madders rest agent at the moment.

19 minutes ago, teblin said:

Don’t think we will be selling Perez. Offers us cover in a few positions. 

I think you're most likely right but although he offers cover, he's rarely any good in any of them hence the need to get better. We'd likely take a huge financial hit and he'd perhaps be reluctant, as I bet he's on decent wages compared to a foreign purchaser. I don't see any other Premiership side being remotely interested in him.

50 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

47 minutes ago, Nick said:

Surely no chance we would sell Perez? I'd be open to it for a decent return but he looks today like the B game Madders rest agent at the moment.

To be fair its a buyers market this summer, I'd be surprised if Perez or Praet leave. 

I think Rodgers like both enough to keep them in the squad.

However I think Hamza days are numbered. 

• Like 4

Wasn't overly impressed with Soumare when we were initially linked. His stats on the surface don't seem overly impressive but when you look a bit deeper, he could be a real gem.

This illustrates what he can do: 

I'd still rather we went for someone like Aurelien Tchouameni, as I think an actual Wilf back up is more important than any other midfielder.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Would rather give KDH a go, similar sorts of player. 

Fine... but reed is now proven in pl. Dont buy anyone from celtic

Edited by foxinsocks
4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

If we had a baller in KDH he’d have better stats in a lower league! The problem leocester have is after youri, ndidi, Praet there’s a big drop off in quality and I don’t think KDH is of there quality or inbetween what we already have. KDH has only been linked with loan moves to higher end championship teams. Leicester are trying to crack on for top six and I mentioned age because I don’t think KDH would want to sit on a bench at 23 years old. Ultimately Soumare and perhaps a player like Tavares from the academy should be in reserve for Leicester. 

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Tavares is better than KDH at the moment. Soumare would be an incredible signing but Tavares has barely played any 1st team football at any level whilst KDH has 2 years of 1st team experience. Playing in league 1/championship is miles better for development than playing u23/u18 football which is all Tavares has done so far other than 1 start and the odd sub appearance. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, matty98 said:

Wasn't overly impressed with Soumare when we were initially linked. His stats on the surface don't seem overly impressive but when you look a bit deeper, he could be a real gem.

This illustrates what he can do: 

I'd still rather we went for someone like Aurelien Tchouameni, as I think an actual Wilf back up is more important than any other midfielder.

Excellent that, Tielemans also appears on those which gives us a great reference to Soumare's qualities.

Put Soumare in a three with Ndidi and Tielemans and they are all different players with different skill sets and would compliment each other so much. Really brings 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 into play as formations or any two from three as one rests.

• Like 1

Soumare also comes in very handy during the AFCON (especially as Mendy now playing for Senegal)

Likewise Eduoard for Iheanacho and another CB for Amartey as Fuchs and Morgan will more than likely have gone by then 😢

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff