majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair its a buyers market this summer, I'd be surprised if Perez or Praet leave. 

I think Rodgers like both enough to keep them in the squad.

However I think Hamza days are numbered. 

I think the evidence on Praet and Rodgers says just the opposite.  But irrespective if Praet decides to push for a transfer the club will have a very hard time forcing him to stay.

No way Rodgers gets rid of Perez. He seems one of his favourite players. Praet will probably go as will one of Mendy or Hamza. With Under going back to Roma and Morgan & Fuchs retiring, we'll probably have more out goings then players coming in.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Blackpool mate of mine reckons Jerry Yates is a clone of Jamie Vardy. Probably not a player we'd look at but seems to score almost every game at the min.

I do think that the best strikers have a natural instinct. At 24 he's probably pushing it a bit but I have no problem with us looking at lower leagues again.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Tavares is better than KDH at the moment. Soumare would be an incredible signing but Tavares has barely played any 1st team football at any level whilst KDH has 2 years of 1st team experience. Playing in league 1/championship is miles better for development than playing u23/u18 football which is all Tavares has done so far other than 1 start and the odd sub appearance. 

No evidence at all! KDH is a tidy footballer. We don’t need tidy footballers. We need to increase the quality in depth. And you always have a couple of academy players in the squad. The two mentioned more than KDH ever was are Thomas and Tavares. Also we have Sowah, but again like in CM we need to add one quality winger ie Thauvin or Trincao as well as having Sowah as a squad option. 

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

I'd let both go, as neither are strong enough for a top 4 team. Praet for all his talent he has never managed to earn a place in the first 11.

We need someone with a more pace and a physical presence, to play on the left side of Youri with Wilf on the right.

Then I'd get someone with more pace and skill than Perez to support the Front line..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
8 hours ago, happy85 said:

KDH is a baller and more advanced than Tavares . 

we have a superstar in KDH

Just 4 years older  and still not playing  for Leicester city  first team  😂😂😂😂,  its tielemans same age of ĶDH ?

• Sad 1
44 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Just 4 years older  and still not playing  for Leicester city  first team  😂😂😂😂,  its tielemans same age of ĶDH ?

You portuguese by any chance? 

Atleast KDH is playing for A first team, Tavares isn't even playing for our reserves (U23). 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think the evidence on Praet and Rodgers says just the opposite.  But irrespective if Praet decides to push for a transfer the club will have a very hard time forcing him to stay.

What's your evidence that Praet isn't happy?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You portuguese by any chance? 

Atleast KDH is playing for A first team, Tavares isn't even playing for our reserves (U23). 

I'm Chinese bro...are u racist ?

• Haha 1

Personally think we need at least 4 signings, and maybe 5 for full cover.

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Seems like a lot of money but I’m thinking we’ll get roughly £20m for qualifying for champions league (fingers crossed) and I’d imagine we’d have had some set aside for the possibility that Ünder was made permanent. Then the sale of choudury would make at least  £15m and I think that leaves us with a small enough net spend to manage.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

he is in his first epl season -  they can't all be fofana.

Hence why we should be aiming higher. Hasn't shown anything to me that he will be anymore than an average player. 

31 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Seems like a lot of money but I’m thinking we’ll get roughly £20m for qualifying for champions league (fingers crossed) and I’d imagine we’d have had some set aside for the possibility that Ünder was made permanent. Then the sale of choudury would make at least  £15m and I think that leaves us with a small enough net spend to manage.

....that is a big assumption.......no pointer to that happening!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....that is a big assumption.......no pointer to that happening!!!

But if he were playing well, we’d be looking to sign him permanently, so where would that money be coming from? That’s the way I’m looking at it.

Just now, Dusty said:

But if he were playing well, we’d be looking to sign him permanently, so where would that money be coming from? That’s the way I’m looking at it.

...he needs to be playing, full stop!!!

He is not getting game time and we are playing a Right Back instead of giving him any opportunity to prove himself. The other thing about this is he has not done enough to force Rodgers hand or convince the fanbase that he can cut it in this league.

I am a fan and believe he is a special player but I can't see anyway back for him.

Personally think centrally in midfield we won’t sign anyone KDH and sowah will come in for that. We will be after a wide attacker to replace Mahrez which we still haven’t done. 

if Rogers insists on 3 at the back we will sign another centre half. 

we also need an extra striker which is something we’ve needed a while.

I think like last summer we won’t see many incomings. I’m going 3 max.

having said that we have under loan ending, fuchs and Morgan probably leaving aswell as jakupovic and I believe we only registered 24 players so that could mean we have 5 spots available before someone like Mendy/hamza leave so if that happens il guess a loan or two in aswell. 

Edited by Lesta2014
1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Betrand on a free would be a decent bit of business. We need to replace Fuchs and have a left footed left back. 

57 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Personally think centrally in midfield we won’t sign anyone KDH and sowah will come in for that. We will be after a wide attacker to replace Mahrez which we still haven’t done. 

if Rogers insists on 3 at the back we will sign another centre half. 

we also need an extra striker which is something we’ve needed a while.

I think like last summer we won’t see many incomings. I’m going 3 max.

having said that we have under loan ending, fuchs and Morgan probably leaving aswell as jakupovic and I believe we only registered 24 players so that could mean we have 5 spots available before someone like Mendy/hamza leave so if that happens il guess a loan or two in aswell. 

Take your pick of these:-

akinfenwa.jpg.bbe6364fc50cd2b99489dc3e686d42f5.jpgshipperley.jpg.b3fce5e0d6263d78da84508c3fbbe17a.jpgtaylorfletch.jpg.2818b6e363d954e002da9ba671335de5.jpg

• Haha 1