Jump to content
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No, your response was stupid and was replied to as such. Rodgers copes with that ffs? If he didn't want Kasper here, he'd be gone. Fact is, he's one of the best in the league.

It's not stupid.  Recruitment is wide ranging.  Our players have been signed under numerous managers.  Our recruitment is wide ranging.  The fact that Iversen was at the club pre Rodgers is not that relevant.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just wanting to get opinions on something. 


1) Address Goalkeeping situation this summer, get someone young in with potential and nurture them to take over from Kasper. (like we do in other areas of the pitch)

2) Wait until summer after and sign a like for like ready made experienced number one to replace him? (Someone like Raya, Livakovic, Dubravka, Martinez etc etc)

 

I think if we achieve our top four goal this season and Kasper has another stab at Champions League with us, he might well be looking for one last challenge in Summer 2022, so I feel like we need to be prepared whether it's us making the decision to get a new Number 1 or him taking the decision out of our hands.

To be fair Iverson is probably better than Ward at this moment in time. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2021 at 11:15, Ric Flair said:

Watching Porto last night, I love the way they play. I will be laughed out of town here but I'd love Marega on a free in the summer. He's no Vardy replacement but he'd be a great alternative. Big and powerful who knows where the net is. Bring yer man Otavio with you as well Moussa. 

 

 

Surprised you not going lyrically about Wilson Manafa.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soumare is a good player but if anyone thinks he's the box to box player we badly need then I'm not so sure. 1 goal and zero assists in 75 Ligue 1 games tells you what sort of player he is.

I think the plan would be to develop him into a backup Tielemans, most likely eventually taking over. He's good at playing his way out of a press and keeping the ball moving. Plus he has a brilliant engine on him and his height is great for winning aerial duels.

 

We definitely need someone who can rotate with Youri, and it's the Leicester way to find a player for cheap and develop them into the player we need. I could totally see why we would want such a player in the squad.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/02/2021 at 03:32, Vindaloo FOX said:

Edouard will 100% happen if we finish top 4 I feel.

I hope so.Although I think they should have snapped him up in January when not many other clubs seem to be interested.

Its the link with BR that I think will swing it for us in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Speedwell 🦊 said:

I hope so.Although I think they should have snapped him up in January when not many other clubs seem to be interested.

Its the link with BR that I think will swing it for us in the summer.

I've very much been on the Edouard train, however I'm not sure anymore. I think there are probably better out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I’ve never heard of him but that video made him look like Yaya Toure. Looks big and powerful whilst having great ball control. 

Kind of reminds me of a cross between Praet and Ndidi. Leaning more to the Praet side with his technical abilities. Don't think I saw one shot on goal in the video I watched. :( Geeerrrimin Anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lot of interest in him Jan 20 with Wolves, Newcastle, Man U and Arsenal in UK alone. Quick search mentions Newcastle put in a 30m+ bid which was turned down.

I’d imagine it’s Not going to be straight forward 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Been a bit more in and out of the lille team this year but very promising player! Would be a great alternative in midfield. 

...having just watched the YouTube reel, he is not good enough!!!

  High energy, strong in a tackle, his passes played wide to switch the play are far too long in the air and allows the receiver less time than had he punched the ball through. Too often his passes slow the attack down but he does initiate attacks himself and that is something we do miss from Wilf or Hamza. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...having just watched the YouTube reel, he is not good enough!!!

  High energy, strong in a tackle, his passes played wide to switch the play are far too long in the air and allows the receiver less time than had he punched the ball through. Too often his passes slow the attack down but he does initiate attacks himself and that is something we do miss from Wilf or Hamza. 

Mate, I know it's kind of your thing, but I don't think you can judge whether or not a player is good enough from watching a ten-minute YouTube video

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think the plan would be to develop him into a backup Tielemans, most likely eventually taking over. He's good at playing his way out of a press and keeping the ball moving. Plus he has a brilliant engine on him and his height is great for winning aerial duels.

 

We definitely need someone who can rotate with Youri, and it's the Leicester way to find a player for cheap and develop them into the player we need. I could totally see why we would want such a player in the squad.

 

 

He's a classy player but as a back up to Tielemans, Jean Pyrre from Gremio is the boy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a classy player but as a back up to Tielemans, Jean Pyrre from Gremio is the boy!

I've heard good things about him, but the last batch of exports from Gremio have been indifferent. Arthur looked the business but flopped at Barcelona and is now more of the supporting cast than a main man at Juventus. Everton went to Benfica and has not torn up any trees. Pepe is going to Porto in June though so might be decent.

 

Generally I don't think it's a good idea to sign a player directly from South American football without them having proved themselves in another league first, unless that player is a long term project. The jump is too much IMO.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a classy player but as a back up to Tielemans, Jean Pyrre from Gremio is the boy!

....just watched the YouTube reel, terrific player and a Brazilian to boot!!!

Has played in all the midfield positions down the spine and has great vision and more importantly weight of pass. I was not too sure watching him who he would be best to replace or cover for and as an influencer on the pitch it would be Tielemans but looks so much more deadlier as a #10. His assists should be off the charts, only scored 5 goals so far this season, but we surely could not afford to have him sitting on the bench.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I've heard good things about him, but the last batch of exports from Gremio have been indifferent. Arthur looked the business but flopped at Barcelona and is now more of the supporting cast than a main man at Juventus. Everton went to Benfica and has not torn up any trees. Pepe is going to Porto in June though so might be decent.

 

Generally I don't think it's a good idea to sign a player directly from South American football without them having proved themselves in another league first, unless that player is a long term project. The jump is too much IMO.

 

 

Yeah you have a point but I think these first few seasons of this change in transfer ruling is the best time to try and take advantage and they come with a risk but get it right and we get £50-70m players for about £10m

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a classy player but as a back up to Tielemans, Jean Pyrre from Gremio is the boy!

It would be very close in terms of being able to get him a work permit, even though Gremio aren't in any continental cup competitions I think he would just scrape by thanks to how much he plays for Gremio and also because he has played in the domestic cup for them

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...