majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Interesting quote from the pre-match conference today. Think most of us expected us to sign a striker in the summer regardless, but found it interesting:

Iheanacho contract show he's Vardy's successor?

“What we’re saying is we think he’s going to be an important striker for us in the future. You need more than one. He’s developing and improving and is going to be an important part of the squad. But later down the line, when Jamie is finished, we will have to have another one, maybe two. We’ve seen his confidence grow. He looks a real threat and can score goals. Being so young, we know there is a lot more to come.”

• Like 2

Hazard brothers , three goals between them so far this season. You know I remember when the media were calling Eden one of the best players in the world. Mind you he did seal the Premiership for us.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Hazard brothers , three goals between them so far this season. You know I remember when the media were calling Eden one of the best players in the world. Mind you he did seal the Premiership for us.

question: why would you post on a football forum when you clearly don’t understand the game?

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Eden Hazard has barely played a game the last 2 years due to injuries

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

He’s one of these players, that needs 10 games to get into a season. 

Off the field, he was lazy with fitness and didn’t commit himself to a healthy lifestyle. 

Injuries have taken a toll though. He’d still be a phenomenal player if anyone could get him fit. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

The really great players have few long term injuries. Look at the number of games Messi and Ronaldo have played. Eden Hazard is exceptionally skilled but lacks physicality. He seems to have been found out in Spain. Anyway I don't see Thorgan as an improvement on Maddison. He is of course four or five years older.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Didn't Thorgan turn up to watch a Leuven game a year or so back? I remember everyone getting very excited then 😁

Yes - And a famous FT personality then began to stalk some random Belgium girl in the OHL stands on the said player.............

29 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The really great players have few long term injuries. Look at the number of games Messi and Ronaldo have played. Eden Hazard is exceptionally skilled but lacks physicality. He seems to have been found out in Spain. Anyway I don't see Thorgan as an improvement on Maddison. He is of course four or five years older.

Brazilian Ronaldo? Crippled by knee issues, but one of the best. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Christiano of course ,700 or so games and counting.

Yes I know, however you said the very best players don't get many injuries. Brazilian Ronaldo had some horrific knee injuries, yet still one of the greatest ever strikers. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes I know, however you said the very best players don't get many injuries. Brazilian Ronaldo had some horrific knee injuries, yet still one of the greatest ever strikers. 

He was indeed formidable when fully fit but Romario was even more so and he stayed fit till he was 40. Look at Gerrard, Rooney and Terry part of their greatness was their durability.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He was indeed formidable when fully fit but Romario was even more so and he stayed fit till he was 40. Look at Gerrard, Rooney and Terry part of their greatness was their durability.

From my generation and my brothers at least, Ronaldo is the bigger name. All through growing up it was Ronaldo as the best striker the world had seen. 

Hazard will still go down as one of the world's best, he's been unlucky in Madrid with ankle injuries. But won't ruin his absolute dominance as a Chelsea player. 

45 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It probably helps to be considered a great if you happen to avoid injuries. An attacking player who does well in the Premier league doesn't get 'found out' in Spain.

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Tbf Eden Hazard has been injured a lot this season, the man is still world class

9 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

question: why would you post on a football forum when you clearly don’t understand the game?

Works for most of us!  You ever been in the match threads?

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 2

Without losing a player, I just don't see were Thorgan Hazard fits in. 

It would mean playing him or Barnes on the right, reducing their effectiveness. Unless we plan to spend an obscene amount this year and add a strong first choice RWer as well (which we all know isn't happening in today's economic landscape) it would just be a waste of money. 

At best we will sign a good, exciting right winger and use Sowah as back up for Barnes which I am more than happy with. 

• Like 1