Jump to content
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Recommended Posts

The make up of or squad is a bit off now. We have three right footed wingers and two of them are slow. They hardly ever score either. We need two wide players in the summer most likely - a peak age left footed option (Faivre?) and probably a younger upcoming type (Olise?).

 

A more convincing Ndidi option, I’d enquire about Anguissa, could play instead of Ndidi or alongside him whereas Choudhury and Mendy just can’t. Soumare’s defensive stats are disappointing. Small chance Josh Knight could be what we need here, plus we have KDH back.


Toney or Edouard as a striker. 
 

Our wage budget will have came down considerably with Slimani, Silva, Morgan, King, Fuchs all going or gone.

 

Hopefully, we’ll have £50m+ CL revenue next season, plus whatever we can from the possible sales of Ghezzal, Choudhury, Benkovic, Muskwe etc. 
 

Financially we should be fine to address all of our glaring issues 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

Anyone else think we should be looking to get Ziyech from Chelsea to solve our right side problem? He's hardly getting a look in there.

....he spent a long time waiting for his big move, waited too long and looks like it was a bad choice!!!

I do not believe he could consider us good enough to come here, he didn't before.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nick said:

He's young and not got the numbers yet but does have all the right attributes - It'd be a yes from me to have him as no.2 to the Youri role.

Except he's nothing like Youri as a player.  A nice talent, but closer to Ndidi (with more technical skill and less disruptive force) than Tielemans.  Don't sign Soumare and then try to shoehorn him into a role he's unsuited for.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Except he's nothing like Youri as a player.  A nice talent, but closer to Ndidi (with more technical skill and less disruptive force) than Tielemans.  Don't sign Soumare and then try to shoehorn him into a role he's unsuited for.

Really? Looking at those vids and the advanced positions he was getting in to and the fact he can play at 6 as well... Maybe you are right and the interest is as a Mendy replacement - I just wonder if he may be viewed as a Youri stand in long term like strider mentioned on the previous page. Not trying to buy him or shoe horn him 😆 but I take your point.

Edited by Nick
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Soumare + Edouard +Tarkowski would be a brilliant summer, I’ve given up on the hope of finding a RWer. Basically

somehow want a more talented Marc Albrighton but don’t know who really fits that profile atm.

In the year we won the league, we had Mahrez and Albrighton. 

 

Now, we have Barnes, who is contributing almost as much as Mahrez was that year and we still have Albrighton doing what he does. 

 

Do we definitely need a RW option or does Barnes become the Mahrez replacement??

 

Maybe a club of our size doesn't have the resources to have a worldy option in every position. 

 

Maybe we have to find ways to win and compete despite some of the shortcomings of the squad. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

In the year we won the league, we had Mahrez and Albrighton. 

 

Now, we have Barnes, who is contributing almost as much as Mahrez was that year and we still have Albrighton doing what he does. 

 

Do we definitely need a RW option or does Barnes become the Mahrez replacement??

 

Maybe a club of our size doesn't have the resources to have a worldy option in every position. 

 

Maybe we have to find ways to win and compete despite some of the shortcomings of the squad. 

Be off with you, you and your reasoned sensible posts!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

In the year we won the league, we had Mahrez and Albrighton. 

 

Now, we have Barnes, who is contributing almost as much as Mahrez was that year and we still have Albrighton doing what he does. 

 

Do we definitely need a RW option or does Barnes become the Mahrez replacement??

 

Maybe a club of our size doesn't have the resources to have a worldy option in every position. 

 

Maybe we have to find ways to win and compete despite some of the shortcomings of the squad. 

Exact point I’m making, we don’t want a “Mahrez replacement” Barnes has become that man just on the other wing, what we want is either Albrighton to continue giving that balance on the other side or someone with the attributes but better, think of a David Beckham in terms of a player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Exact point I’m making, we don’t want a “Mahrez replacement” Barnes has become that man just on the other wing, what we want is either Albrighton to continue giving that balance on the other side or someone with the attributes but better, think of a David Beckham in terms of a player. 

That'll be expensive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

In the year we won the league, we had Mahrez and Albrighton. 

 

Now, we have Barnes, who is contributing almost as much as Mahrez was that year and we still have Albrighton doing what he does. 

 

Do we definitely need a RW option or does Barnes become the Mahrez replacement??

 

Maybe a club of our size doesn't have the resources to have a worldy option in every position. 

 

Maybe we have to find ways to win and compete despite some of the shortcomings of the squad. 

Soler from Valencia is a very workmanlike right winger. Never been a hugely gifted player at bringing goals and assists but this season is probably his best yet!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The emergence of Barnes as a winger / striker and goalscorer is a god send. But we definitely need more options. Albrighton is solid but he’s not going to be around forever. Not sure what to make of Under. And as for Perez...
 

Its a hard area to recruit to IMO and I haven’t played Football Manager enough in recent years to know who might be worth a punt, particularly from abroad. But I always like the look of Jack Harrison and he’s getting goals and assists in his first season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there are folk on here who are not keen but when looking at balance to our front three, How about Traore from Wolves? 

 

If Barnes offers the goal threat and out ball that Mahrez does then possibly Traore can offer the ability to run with the ball and workrate on the right. Defensively sound having played WB, fast, Powerful...

 

Could work as a balance and I could see him working well with Ricardo. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know there are folk on here who are not keen but when looking at balance to our front three, How about Traore from Wolves? 

 

If Barnes offers the goal threat and out ball that Mahrez does then possibly Traore can offer the ability to run with the ball and workrate on the right. Defensively sound having played WB, fast, Powerful...

 

Could work as a balance and I could see him working well with Ricardo. 

Kasper Schmeichel has as many goals and assists as him this season, and Danny Ward.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I know there are folk on here who are not keen but when looking at balance to our front three, How about Traore from Wolves? 

 

If Barnes offers the goal threat and out ball that Mahrez does then possibly Traore can offer the ability to run with the ball and workrate on the right. Defensively sound having played WB, fast, Powerful...

 

Could work as a balance and I could see him working well with Ricardo. 

Please no.  He is absolutely crap.  Built like a bodybuilder football skills of Wayne Sleep.  All huff n puff no end product.  Surely we can do better than Traore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Kasper Schmeichel has as many goals and assists as him this season, and Danny Ward.

Kasper and Ward aren't playing in a team coached by a manager that has turned into the the defensive culmination of a Fat Sam/Woy love child. They have been offensively garbage from what I've saw this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Kasper and Ward aren't playing in a team coached by a manager that has turned into the the defensive culmination of a Fat Sam/Woy love child. They have been offensively garbage from what I've saw this season. 

Do you think Nuno would stifle Ward's assists should Wolves sign him?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

In the year we won the league, we had Mahrez and Albrighton. 

 

Now, we have Barnes, who is contributing almost as much as Mahrez was that year and we still have Albrighton doing what he does. 

 

Do we definitely need a RW option or does Barnes become the Mahrez replacement??

 

Maybe a club of our size doesn't have the resources to have a worldy option in every position. 

 

Maybe we have to find ways to win and compete despite some of the shortcomings of the squad. 

Mahrez got 17 goals and 12 assists (in the league) that season, which is absolutely insane for a winger!! Add Vardy who scored 24 league goals.. Barnes is class but he’s got what, 8 goals and 3 assist so far this season? So he might end up with 13 goals and maybe 6 assists at most? (Which is an incredible achievement) but then you’ve got to remember than with vardys’ age and he’ll probably play less he won’t be hitting those 20 + goal a seasons , seasons! 
 

The only way I can see us being able to compete with a winger who gets like 2/3 goals a season as a winger is if we sign a striker who’s getting 22 - 25 premier league goals a season, it’s probably easier to split those goals over two players than it is to find a 25 goal a season striker tbh

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Exact point I’m making, we don’t want a “Mahrez replacement” Barnes has become that man just on the other wing, what we want is either Albrighton to continue giving that balance on the other side or someone with the attributes but better, think of a David Beckham in terms of a player. 

Otavio? We were linked and he’s out of contract in the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But I always like the look of Jack Harrison and he’s getting goals and assists in his first season.

This is a great shout, he’d probably cost a bit (as the only downside, I doubt Man City will sell for cheap if they do get rid - perhaps they’ll keep him for next season as well) but he’s got the work rate we’re looking for plus some great ability already in place. Harrison would be the first on my list 100% ticks a lot of boxes

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Mahrez got 17 goals and 12 assists (in the league) that season, which is absolutely insane for a winger!! Add Vardy who scored 24 league goals.. Barnes is class but he’s got what, 8 goals and 3 assist so far this season? So he might end up with 13 goals and maybe 6 assists at most? (Which is an incredible achievement) but then you’ve got to remember than with vardys’ age and he’ll probably play less he won’t be hitting those 20 + goal a seasons , seasons! 
 

The only way I can see us being able to compete with a winger who gets like 2/3 goals a season as a winger is if we sign a striker who’s getting 22 - 25 premier league goals a season, it’s probably easier to split those goals over two players than it is to find a 25 goal a season striker tbh

Maddison is also heading for 20+ goal contributions in the league as well though so we might not be far off the goals of 15/16 and that's in a season where we no longer attack week in, week out with the same conviction as previous Rodgers seasons. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Exact point I’m making, we don’t want a “Mahrez replacement” Barnes has become that man just on the other wing, what we want is either Albrighton to continue giving that balance on the other side or someone with the attributes but better, think of a David Beckham in terms of a player. 

I'd prefer someone a bit younger

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Soumare + Edouard +Tarkowski would be a brilliant summer, I’ve given up on the hope of finding a RWer. Basically

somehow want a more talented Marc Albrighton but don’t know who really fits that profile atm.

Who out of Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana would we leave out for Tarkowski, bearing in mind in a 4 at the back situation 2 out of that four would be left out? Tarkowski is the weakest of the 4 but from his point of view, when he has openly stated that he still has international ambitions, why would he go to a club to sit on the bench?

With Armarty, Justin etc we have ample and adequate cover. He'd be a total drain of money that could be spent more wisely in positions of a higher priority. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...