Jump to content
StanSP

Slavia 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Recommended Posts

uefa want another comp after tonights load of low standard games they really are in for a wake up call when nobody watches the conference league

 

The standard has been terrible tonight and in the champions league outside the two superstar strikers was low in the others

 

it maybe covid but their must be concerns at uefa with how the growing power of the prem is hurting their own comps

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not see it as a good situation to be in......!!!

I would have thought that Slavia would be the happiest having not conceded. We are now left in a situation where they now have two opportunities to win and we only have one option, to score more than them. A 1-0 victory by them is enough to knock us out a 1-1 is also enough to knock us out, which only means we only get the one option of outscoring them.

  

Agreed except I can't remember what happens for another 0-0. Is it 5 penalties each until someone's irretrieveably ahead and then sudden death. That would give them a third option and us another one.

Edited by Alan Frost
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not see it as a good situation to be in......!!!

I would have thought that Slavia would be the happiest having not conceded. We are now left in a situation where they now have two opportunities to win and we only have one option, to score more than them. A 1-0 victory by them is enough to knock us out a 1-1 is also enough to knock us out, which only means we only get the one option of outscoring them.

  


 

if we go a goal or two up, I fully trust in Rodgers’ ability to park the bus lol . 
 

They have nothing to gain by attacking from the off.. can you imagine the damage Vardy and  Barnes can do if they did?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Have you heard me moan about being too defensive....No  .If we’ve barley got 4 fit defenders then why did he go to a back 5 ? I’ll tell you why because they were all over us hence why he changed to a back 5 nothing dramatic  about it facts .Did  you not  see the pressure they had us under ad one point where we couldn’t get  out of our own  box. And the yet again comment is regarding this match and this match only as in he was wrong  yet again in this match , not t any other match or any other time .  I’m quite happy where we are and we’ve had a fantastic season considering the injuries we’ve had . So I’m not talking out my ass and I’m most definitely not your mate . 

Aaaaahh.....But we's are all mates....innit..:)

Edited by fuchsntf
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MPH said:


 

if we go a goal or two up, I fully trust in Rodgers’ ability to park the bus lol . 
 

They have nothing to gain by attacking from the off.. can you imagine the damage Vardy and  Barnes can do if they did?

I think we maybe running out of gas, Barnes started like a house on fire , then he dropped right out of the game the same with YOURI he just never got going  I just hope we got enough troops to see out the season .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result, but scrappy second half. Ref, linesman and commentator must all have taken a bung! Their lot diving all over the place. A bit worried that we’ve knackered all our first teamers for Villa.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
Link to post
Share on other sites

No JJ on Saturday to keep grealish quiet.

if everyone is tiring then Rogers is gonna have to pull another masterclass out of his bum.

Get some goals early then defend. We really need Vardy to start firing on all cylinders. No time for extended recoveries this season.

as risky as it is physio team needs to work extra hard on getting foffana and Timmy back asap!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor poor poor.

Credit to slavia they were clearly up for it. Too many of our players off the pace.

Perhaps they were intimidated by actual fans at a game...

 

Will glady take the 0-0 but we might have to turn up for the 2nd leg.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

No JJ on Saturday to keep grealish quiet.

if everyone is tiring then Rogers is gonna have to pull another masterclass out of his bum.

Get some goals early then defend. We really need Vardy to start firing on all cylinders. No time for extended recoveries this season.

as risky as it is physio team needs to work extra hard on getting foffana and Timmy back asap!

Doesn't he play mainly on the left? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Poor poor poor.

Credit to slavia they were clearly up for it. Too many of our players off the pace.

Perhaps they were intimidated by actual fans at a game...

 

Will glady take the 0-0 but we might have to turn up for the 2nd leg.

Where? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

That ref should be thrown out of European competition for this season at least. An utter embarrassment of a display. On a par with that Turkish ref we had against Porto.

Never have I seen such a biased ref I thought some of the English refs were bad, that ref was as diabolical as hell yellow for Nacho after being on for less than a minute as Slavia dived with as much as a glance in their direction but Nacho had the grace of a baby hippo in some of his challenges really surprised that idiot didn’t show him a Red Card !

 

Then a clear foul on Ünder and he gives foul to slavia, he was an embarrassment to the sport Hope UEFA watch his performance and deal appropriately but then uefa twisted will probably say he performed at a top Level !

 

Hoping we get a better official on the return leg at the king power who cuts out and punishes Slavias blatant diving & cheating, really hope we beat them soundly at the KP and progress to the next round ?

 

Onwards & Upwards !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a proper 'down the rough end' game.

Credit to the amazing scientific feat of bringing the ref out of his Cryogenic state from 1978 and trialing him in this game, but he needs to have his rules, decisions and regulations updated immediately, he was awful. The nasty challenges he let go were fine in 1978, but not now.

Had VAR been involved in that game, they would still be playing now. 

 

I'm confident we'll have enough for them next week at home, and hopefully Ricardo will be available to give us more thrust. 

Amartey and Thomas played well, but we missed our first choice full backs. 

 

Schmeichel and Soyuncu stand out performers for me, but great to have a bouncer we can bring on in Hamza, he looked tidy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

It was a proper 'down the rough end' game.

Credit to the amazing scientific feat of bringing the ref out of his Cryogenic state from 1978 and trialing him in this game, but he needs to have his rules, decisions and regulations updated immediately, he was awful. The nasty challenges he let go were fine in 1978, but not now.

Had VAR been involved in that game, they would still be playing now. 

 

I'm confident we'll have enough for them next week at home, and hopefully Ricardo will be available to give us more thrust. 

Amartey and Thomas played well, but we missed our first choice full backs. 

 

Schmeichel and Soyuncu stand out performers for me, but great to have a bouncer we can bring on in Hamza, he looked tidy. 

The worst this about it, VAR WAS in use last night....

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The worst this about it, VAR WAS in use last night....

 

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

WTFF? this has mind mangled me.

VAR was clearly at gun point. 

I didn't listen to the commentary last night. 

There were no goals 

there were no red cards 

VAR only had one task last night which was the possible handball and I don’t think they had a decent angle to see if was on the line so left it as onfield decision 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If their stadium had been filled with fans I'd have taken 0-0 as a good result. But we should have got something out of it. I wish BR had played Nacho from the start, in fact just pledge to play him in the first team throughout this comp' please. He provided us a better dimension once coming on. At worse we still end 0-0 but Vardy would be rested for Villa.    

 

I can't bash Barnes too much, he's progressing nicely, he provides a direct threat running at players and goal. But he needs to start working on other aspects to his game. Like passing. There's a time to be selfish and a time to provide easier goals for other players. A few times during this game he should have slipped Vardy and Mads in for tap ins. I get he's high on confidence and wants to score (which is good) and in the last game he gets into a similar position and scored while Vardy was hanging in space with an open goal. So swings and roundabouts I guess but we were already 2 up in that game. I'd like to see him develop a better picture of players around him and decision making to see what's best for the team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think we maybe running out of gas, Barnes started like a house on fire , then he dropped right out of the game the same with YOURI he just never got going  I just hope we got enough troops to see out the season .

Youri never got going???? 🤦‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

In fairness at least it looked the part. If you’re going to do something a little bit corny like that at least make it look good, which I thought it did. For a load of plastic bags on seats it did look fairly effective and get everyone talking.

Agreed, nice too see them make an effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn’t really get going but still think that was a good result.

 

They’re a good side who made it awkward for us, referee fell for all of their antics and the pitch was god awful.

 

Think we’d have folded under a heavy atmosphere in that one. We’ll do em’ at our place with none of the above factors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Royston. said:

Poor poor poor.

Credit to slavia they were clearly up for it. Too many of our players off the pace.

Perhaps they were intimidated by actual fans at a game...

 

Will glady take the 0-0 but we might have to turn up for the 2nd leg.

Or we just underestimated them big time....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Or we just underestimated them big time....

What, with the near full strength line-up we put out?

 

That was a very difficult match against a confident team on their home patch, their group stage results speak for themselves and their performance whilst gritty and helped by the ref was very solid, they could've even scored a goal or two first half from set pieces.

 

Caglar by far our man of the match last night, Barnes good but should've scored. Quite miffed off how we ended up getting yellows to more than a couple of key players, we're forced into playing Vardy next week in the return leg.

 

Anyway we've come toe to toe with them nor, we know what they're about and we should put alot of energy into beating them next week. This trophy is no joke and it would be a glorious piece to add to the collection, would love to win it and secure Champions League.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...