Really impressed with Sima the other night. He fits our profile perfectly. We took a punt on a 19 yo last summer and that hasn’t turned out too shabby so far. Rudkin should be having a word in his ear next Thursday.

Edited by urban fox
2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Really impressed with Sima the other night. He fits our profile perfectly. We took a punt on a 19 yo last summer and that hasn’t turned out too shabby so far. Rudkin should be having a word in his ear next Thursday.

Completely agree. Leicester signing 100%

Hopefully Ünder can convince the club he is the right player for us in this final stretch of the season. Kamal Sowah will join the squad next season too I'd have thought who can play anywhere across those front 3 attacking positions behind the main striker.

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

No more hopeful punts for me.

we have tried with ghezzal, diabate and to some extent under and it hasnt worked out.

there comes a point where you just have to splash the cash and get in someone who is much more likely to improve our team

Just now, Swarles Barkley said:

No more hopeful punts for me.

we have tried with ghezzal, diabate and to some extent under and it hasnt worked out.

there comes a point where you just have to splash the cash and get in someone who is much more likely to improve our team

Trouble is, we can say Thauvin or similar,  but even they will be a punt. 

Still have high hopes for Under. However if we don’t sign him, we should integrate Sowah into the squad & also sign a winger. I don’t think its worth considering the likes of Bailey, Neto, etc who will surely be overpriced. The following are cheaper and probably more realistic:

1) Faivre - Exciting prospect from France, should be relatively cheap. Can play on the wing or centrally.

2) Thauvin - His stats are very impressive. Available on a free.

3) Otavio - Could play as an inverted winger and can also play centrally. Available on a free.

4) Harrison - Someone mentioned him in the transfer thread. Similar attributes to Albrighton, but has 6 goals and 4 assists. 1 year left on his Man City contract

& guessing Leeds have the option to buy, but we could offer him European football & better wages. 

Edited by Shane
9 minutes ago, Shane said:

Still have high hopes for Under. However if we don’t sign him, we should integrate Sowah into the squad & also sign a winger. I don’t think its worth considering the likes of Bailey, Neto, etc who will surely be overpriced. The following are cheaper and probably more realistic:

1) Faivre - Exciting prospect from France, should be relatively cheap. Can play on the wing or centrally.

2) Thauvin - His stats are very impressive. Available on a free.

3) Otavio - Could play as an inverted winger and can also play centrally. Available on a free.

4) Harrison - Someone mentioned him in the transfer thread. Similar attributes to Albrighton, but has 6 goals and 4 assists. 1 year left on his Man City contract

& guessing Leeds have the option to buy, but we could offer him European football & better wages. 

But unfortunately we cant offer him the chance to be coached by the greatest manager to ever walk the earth. 

48 minutes ago, wigstonboues said:

Sima from slavia Prague. Thats the future right there. 19 years old, striker and plays right wing aswell. Sign him this summer and give him 12 months to bed in before vardy starts to step down. 

At the very least we need to get this rumour into his head before next weeks game.

Yes we do need a right winger and we also need a striker and a midfielder and a left back. But our finances will be dictated by whether we make champs league. I dont think we need 2 wingers as we could bring Sowah into the squad for next summer. 

Since Mahrez left we've tried:

Gray

Albrighton

Ghezzal 

Diabate 

Perez

Under 

None really putting up good enough numbers. We got lucky with Barnes as he was our own. But I hope our #1 transfer priority in the summer is to seriously address this position.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

There’s a possibility we were a tad spoilt with Mahrez and that a lot of us are always going to compare whoever we get to him.  For us to try and get someone on a par with him, within the budget we operated within means that very few people will stand a chance of being ‘accepted’ by the masses.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Still think we missed a trick with Bowen last January. 

We definitely need one. Our final position will obviously dictate the budget again.

There’s a reason (might be several) we didn’t sign Bowen. He doesn’t have a high enough ceiling . There’s not a single ‘rich 6’ or ‘top 6’ team that he’d improve. Good player, at the right club.

Edited by Steve Earle
4 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Right wing is the weakest position in our team & definitely needs some quality there. Albrighton or Under are not the answers, the man I would like is Saint-Maximum, he is wasting his talents at Newcastle 

Saint-Maximin's numbers are no better, if not even worse than Albrighton, Gray or Perez' though.

He's a luxury player who often flatters to deceive. Don't think he'd solve our problem. Would likely just be another Demarai Gray.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
Just now, Sampson said:

Saint-Maximan's numbers are no better, if not even worse than Albrighton, Gray or Perez' though.

He's a luxury player who often flatters to deceive. Don't think he'd solve our problem. Would likely just be another Demarai Gray.

I don't do numbers (whatever they are), I just go on what I see & I see a player who can destroy a defence on his day. I also see a player who is very exciting & who I would love to watch every week.

Also I would suggest that he would be show much improvement playing & training with the quality players that we have rather than the dross he currently plays with now

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, MPH said:

There’s a possibility we were a tad spoilt with Mahrez 

I admire this understatement. I think there's also a slight possibility that we were a teesnsy weensy bit spoilt by 2015/16 too :) 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

How’s the recovery progressing of de la fueu at watford? I liked that guy before he blew his acl out

That guys name is a pain to spell, but that is genuinely my favourite ever effort lol

And he's moved to Udinese.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, sdb said:

If we can find someone with the work rate of Albrighton, pace of Under and productivity of Barnes, then we will have a phenomenal first XI.

I really hope the scouting team have managed to identify someone who fits that bill, and ideally it's also a player who can play in a range of positions and systems.

Haha - it’s like when you create a super player on FIFA 

• Like 1