Jump to content
Nalis

Slavia Prague (H) - 8pm - Thursday 25th Feb - BT Sport / ESPN - Pre Match Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

I haven't seen anything from his time here yet that says Under would work well as a number 10 so I highly doubt this. Most likely scenario will be Tielemans more advanced

Thought of Under or Choudhury trying to receive the ball on the half turn is giving me anxiety

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

With Maddison being confirmed as out...

 

Schmeichel

Daley Campbell - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas

Tielemans - Ndidi

Under - Amartey - Barnes

Vardy

 

Can’t wait to see Big Dan thread some through balls into Vards.  

Unreal lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go 3-4-3

 

Kasper

 

Amartey

Soyuncu

Fuchs

 

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Thomas

 

Under

Vardy

Barnes

 

this should be good enough to get the job done. Get ahead in the game, swap out the players to rest for Arsenal. Bringing on Hamza and Mendy, to kill the game. Make all 5 available subs. Any key faces you don’t see here, are rested (Castagne, Evans)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a prayer of Tavares starting @jeffschlupp & @Ric Flair!

 

He might get some game time, but I'm expecting (!) 3421 for this one, with Albrighton & Thomas as WBs and Under & Barnes wide of and slightly behind Vardy. Mendy to start alongside Tielemans too.

 

You heard it here first. And last probably - I don't think I've guessed the team correctly once this season!! 

 

(We save Ricardo, Castagne & Nacho for the Arsenal).

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Not a prayer of Tavares starting @jeffschlupp & @Ric Flair!

 

He might get some game time, but I'm expecting (!) 3421 for this one, with Albrighton & Thomas as WBs and Under & Barnes wide of and slightly behind Vardy. Mendy to start alongside Tielemans too.

 

You heard it here first. And last probably - I don't think I've guessed the team correctly once this season!! 

 

(We save Ricardo, Castagne & Nacho for the Arsenal).

Yeah I think that will be the team too

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I right in thinking after this round the yellow cards are binned and restarted? 

 

I reckon he'll go more Rigid across the middle with Maddison being out and probably starting Hamza

 

Schmeichel

Riccy  Evans  Soyuncu  Thomas

Hamza Ndidi Tielmanns

Albrighton                          Barnes

Vardy

Can't see him starting Under or Perez to be honest, and I don't think he'll have enough faith in Tavares just yet either

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Am I right in thinking after this round the yellow cards are binned and restarted? 

 

I reckon he'll go more Rigid across the middle with Maddison being out and probably starting Hamza

 

Schmeichel

Riccy  Evans  Soyuncu  Thomas

Hamza Ndidi Tielmanns

Albrighton                          Barnes

Vardy

Can't see him starting Under or Perez to be honest, and I don't think he'll have enough faith in Tavares just yet either

Bloody Nora that is rigid! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

..................Kasper

 

...........Amartey Evans Cags

 

Ricardo.................................  Castagne

 

...............Mendy Tielemans

 

......Under....... Vardy .........Barnes

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I don't think I've guessed the team correctly once this season!! 

Don't worry , you must have been closer than most and occasionally I would think closer than BR. Good as i think he is.

 

Anyway I see (Delete as appropiate) Ünder is......back in the country/ released from jail/ uninjured/possibly back in favour, or you wisely ighore the  prematch thread.

 

I've had to scrap my list of forum members I can trust (mentioned in earlier post , strangled at birth) as a result of reading the thread. I had got it down to under a 1000 representing 53.765 opinions.

Edited by Alan Frost
Added last sentence
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Looking at his stats this ref seems to love a red card. 8 in 14 in the Eredevisie including 3 in 3 matches for AZ. Only seems to off refereed champions league matches and one Scotland match apart from that so he appears to be a top official. 

I know it's not the modern way, and I know being hard nosed is frowned upon, but if I was refereeing this match I would (after about ten minutes) take Slavia's captain to one side and tell him, forcefully, that if his players continue to SCREAM - every time they're tackled - they WILL get booked. It made an absolute mockery of the first leg, and their players should be ashamed and embarrassed by such pathetic gamesmanship. Ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I know it's not the modern way, and I know being hard nosed is frowned upon, but if I was refereeing this match I would (after about ten minutes) take Slavia's captain to one side and tell him, forcefully, that if his players continue to SCREAM - every time they're tackled - they WILL get booked. It made an absolute mockery of the first leg, and their players should be ashamed and embarrassed by such pathetic gamesmanship. Ridiculous.

Our players do it too. In fact, the loudest scream in the first leg was probably Albrighton's

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I know it's not the modern way, and I know being hard nosed is frowned upon, but if I was refereeing this match I would (after about ten minutes) take Slavia's captain to one side and tell him, forcefully, that if his players continue to SCREAM - every time they're tackled - they WILL get booked. It made an absolute mockery of the first leg, and their players should be ashamed and embarrassed by such pathetic gamesmanship. Ridiculous.

Putting on my sweeping generalisation & xenophobic stereotyping hat. The screaming  does seem to be an eastern european thing.  The Leicester Sunday League had a team call Serbia that screamed and rolled about at every opportunity.  All a bit daft on a sunday morning on vicky park.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’d go 3-4-3

 

Kasper

 

Amartey

Soyuncu

Fuchs

 

Ricardo

Tielemans

Ndidi

Thomas

 

Under

Vardy

Barnes

 

this should be good enough to get the job done. Get ahead in the game, swap out the players to rest for Arsenal. Bringing on Hamza and Mendy, to kill the game. Make all 5 available subs. Any key faces you don’t see here, are rested (Castagne, Evans)

One of several teams i like as it at least would enable Ünder a fighting chance of a trial. This seems sensible .He probably deserves at least another regardless of  how this worked out. I would n't propose more although that has often been tried. Two first team 90 minute trials should be enough and hopefully might be adopted in future, after which we live content with the manager's final decision. Any more than two trials is risky at this end of the season.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

Don't worry , you must have been closer than most and occasionally I would think closer than BR. Good as i think he is.

 

Anyway I see (Delete as appropiate) Ünder is......back in the country/ released from jail/ uninjured/possibly back in favour, or you wisely ighore the  prematch thread.

 

I've had to scrap my list of forum members I can trust (mentioned in earlier post , strangled at birth) as a result of reading the thread. I had got it down to under a 1000 representing 53.765 opinions.

Just FYI @Alan Frost, I have posted my views on Ünder more than once - I’ve seen nothing yet to suggest a PL, let alone CL standard player. But we live in hope. And have no other choice!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...