davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol lol lol

Grow the fvck up

Is the self-mocking irony intentional? Or is the anger management course not going well? Difficult to tell.

Either way... :scarf:

• Like 1

Well cover me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes, in all my years on this earth I have never seen a more sinister, callous act of evil than what Koke wrote in the ‘do they mean us?" thread pt 3’ thread on Foxestalk. What I read was so sinister and horrible it shocked me to my core. I am so offended and his sinister nature has worried myself and my family.  

• Haha 4
On 31/03/2021 at 09:05, Facecloth said:

Apparently percentage of fans who think their club is well run.

FB_IMG_1617177736739.thumb.jpg.ddef48fa796577064a95ecceacd5ff3e.jpg

Someone posted this on reddit and explained that the methodology is, frankly, terrible and misleading.

The question(s) were a scale out of 5 - not a simple yes/no as the graphic implies - then they've just summed up all the scores out of the max. So the minimum score would be 20 (it's not 20%) if everyone scored 1/5 - basically what happened for Newcastle.

For us, you've probably got the vast majority of fans giving a 5/5 and a small number giving a 4/5, bringing the 'approval' down slightly. There may still be some people who don't think we're well run, but it'll be less than the 1.38% that this suggests.

Edit: skimmed through the thread and didn't see that @KingsX had already mentioned this. My bad :)

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're a 'massive club' now!

In some senses yes but Brendan would have to do more on the European front to be actively considered.

53 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Quality work BBC. X

A555AF70-A46D-4930-9CE7-EB503097C372.jpeg

That's a shame because the rest of the article is really buttering our muffin.

Love to read the BBC bigging us up.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

We're a 'massive club' now!

We are becoming a bigger club. If this upward trajectory continues our fans need to adjust as well and start thinking like a big club. When you see the squad we have and our world class facilities + stadium expansion, this small club mentality we have grown up with needs to be binned. 

Pochettino gave Spurs multiple top 4 finishes and oversaw a stadium move and Spurs fans now have much higher expectations than they did in 2013. If our growth keeps on we also need to start expecting top 4/6 finishes rather than hope and accept anything. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Koke said:

We are becoming a bigger club. If this upward trajectory continues our fans need to adjust as well and start thinking like a big club. When you see the squad we have and our world class facilities + stadium expansion, this small club mentality we have grown up with needs to be binned. 

Pochettino gave Spurs multiple top 4 finishes and oversaw a stadium move and Spurs fans now have much higher expectations than they did in 2013. If our growth keeps on we also need to start expecting top 4/6 finishes rather than hope and accept anything. 

Yeah, and if we fans try really hard then one day we just might reach the heady heights of being like Spurs and Man Utd fans lol

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Yeah the article is great. Just whoever does the captions, screams of amateur. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Quality work BBC. X

A555AF70-A46D-4930-9CE7-EB503097C372.jpeg

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

50 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah the article is great. Just whoever does the captions, screams of amateur. 

I contacted the beeb sports team when I saw it earlier and it's now been changed to, "... all left Leicester".

• Haha 2