Jump to content
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

Recommended Posts

On the bright side. At least were not Hoffenheim fans

 

Were 3 1 up 1st leg. Missed a one and had a goal disallowed. Ended up drawing 3 3.

 

Then absolutely dominated the home leg and lost 0 2 at home lol

 

Screenshot_20210225-221616_FlashScore UK.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-195424_FlashScore UK.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Col city fan said:

I thought Amartey was immense going forward although your 1-0 prediction with an Amartey header was a little ‘left-field’

:facepalm:

If we had played him in the ‘number 10’ role as I pitched yesterday, then we would have won.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

I agree... and I know the champions league is more prestigious, but we have more chance of winning this. Yet, we give up the chance so we can focus on top four.  For what?  So we can become a richer, bigger club.  I want to win things, not become an Arsenal and happy with 4th, but no trophies.

You do realise that this would give us more chance of winning things. We can remain a plucky medium side punching above our weight but to really succeed we do need to become bigger and richer. Posters on here go on about the FACup and winning it but look at the last 15 seasons or so and it is nealry always one of the big clubs who wins it. I know sides like Sevilla have won the Europa League but they are a pretty big club. Even out own League Cup has recently been monopolised by Man City.

 

Unfortunately money talks and though we've proven it is possible to try and compete you have to say that not may other teams have done so in the lst few years. I'd like to win things too, but right now we're trying to build something sustainable and a year or two in the Champion's League would go a long way to fulfilling the success we all crave.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

Fcukng hell  just when I thought the night couldn't get any worse Claire Foy has been replaced by Olivia Colman as the Queen in 'The Crown'.

 

Yes, late to the show but really enjoyed the first two seasons.

 

 

There having another recast as Olivia Coleman is set to get replaced 

 

Problem Brendan is now yes were third in the league and still in the fa cup but hes put himself under extra pressure where now hes got to at least get us to semis and achieving top four. Failing so things will start to look like a typical round circle. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy to blame the team selection tonight, but when the guys couldnt even make 5 yard passes then we could have had Messi on the pitch and we would have still lost that. Team selection not the problem, just a bad performance from too many tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got everything we deserved for two abject performances on the whole. The better team over the games won - fair play to them, they're obviously limited but they are a very well drilled side, good luck to them.

 

I think it's all come a bit soon for us though personally. I've dug Rodgers out quite a few times over the past year, and whilst I think he didn't exactly cover himself in glory tonight, we are knackered and have basically any ounce of creativity unavailable against a side who had no need to come out at all. It's why I said last week drawing 0-0 with a largely first team out wasn't a good result - we got the worst of both worlds, we put more strain on an already tired team and gained nothing in the tie to make up for it.

 

Tonight Barnes should've started and we should've gunned for them early, but once it got to half time at 0-0 with next to nothing created, I did fear the worst, and so it proved.

 

And I've said it in previous posts - but this seasons Europa League is a bit shit really. I think we've got to treat it like a warm up for next season, when we'll be in Europe again providing there isn't some massive drop off. The fact fans can't even attend takes away so much from the whole thing. When you weigh up the pros and cons, I think this is a bit of a blessing in disguise - just providing we don't let this turn into what Villa was last season.

 

It's shit, and it's embarrassing, but lets just treat it as a warm up for next year. We haven't got the squad and this season is as soulless as it gets anyway.

Your post has cheered me a bit, only a bit mind :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It’s disappointing I’m not glad, but I’m not throwing myself off a cliff either ... some on here are acting like we are now the worst team in the league... we lost it happens to the best. Move on there is lots to play for still 

Exactly this, we all recognise we didnt play well and have to deal with it, but overall this season, we have plenty to be pleased about as Foxes fans, onwards and upwards 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

On the bright side. At least were not Hoffenheim fans

 

Were 3 1 up 1st leg. Missed a one and had a goal disallowed. Ended up drawing 3 3.

 

Then absolutely dominated the home leg and lost 0 2 at home lol

 

Screenshot_20210225-221616_FlashScore UK.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-195424_FlashScore UK.jpg

When the only positive is "at least we're not Hoffenheim fans" you've had a bad night.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Not sure what’s on offer here?


I’d taking winning UEFA v being top 4 or FA cup….   And I’d take winning the FA cup v top 4 

 

Footballs about winning things not qualifying for things…

So you're not bothered by our league form then? I want us to win things too but we had 7 Europa League games still to navigate which is the same amount of games we play in the whole of our domestic cups in a season to try and win it.

 

We went full strength last week and still struggled, I'm not sure why but like in that FA Cup game vs Brighton we seem to have dropped off mentally in the cups and maybe just maybe this squad is creaking and its understandable. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vanity said:

Yikes. Watching him in the u-23s, he is nowhere near ready to contribute at the Prem-level. Very basic. He has a great frame for the game, and has obvious potential, but he is very coltish, looks like he is still growing accustomed to his body (maybe he is still growing at 19 which would explain it?). He will be a backwards passing fiend if we play him, prob a good 3 years away from contributing.

 

But hey, wtf do I know? I'm an idiot obv. 

 

 

Tongue in Cheek comment but seems to have rubbed you up the wrong way, sorry mate. 

If I ever need a scout report on one of the U’12s, I’ll come to you

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

I agree... and I know the champions league is more prestigious, but we have more chance of winning this. Yet, we give up the chance so we can focus on top four.  For what?  So we can become a richer, bigger club.  I want to win things, not become an Arsenal and happy with 4th, but no trophies.

Absolutely. We aren’t going to win the Champions League but we could win the Europa League. We don’t be seeded if we do get into the CL so it will be difficult to get out of the group stage.

I really don’t get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got everything we deserved for two abject performances on the whole. The better team over the games won - fair play to them, they're obviously limited but they are a very well drilled side, good luck to them.

 

I think it's all come a bit soon for us though personally. I've dug Rodgers out quite a few times over the past year, and whilst I think he didn't exactly cover himself in glory tonight, we are knackered and have basically any ounce of creativity unavailable against a side who had no need to come out at all. It's why I said last week drawing 0-0 with a largely first team out wasn't a good result - we got the worst of both worlds, we put more strain on an already tired team and gained nothing in the tie to make up for it.

 

Tonight Barnes should've started and we should've gunned for them early, but once it got to half time at 0-0 with next to nothing created, I did fear the worst, and so it proved.

 

And I've said it in previous posts - but this seasons Europa League is a bit shit really. I think we've got to treat it like a warm up for next season, when we'll be in Europe again providing there isn't some massive drop off. The fact fans can't even attend takes away so much from the whole thing. When you weigh up the pros and cons, I think this is a bit of a blessing in disguise - just providing we don't let this turn into what Villa was last season.

 

It's shit, and it's embarrassing, but lets just treat it as a warm up for next year. We haven't got the squad and this season is as soulless as it gets anyway.

Well said 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody was pulling any strings. Youri was wasted behind vardy. Puel football slow sideways and backwards.

Needed an early away goal in the 1st leg. 
Injuries and kels suspension ,bit us on the ass . They wanted it more and deserved it . 

 

If we was going to prioritise this was the one to sacrifice. But definitely a big chance wasted. Bad day at the office. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite simply the best team won tonight. 

 

That was very disappointing on our part. Way too cautious over both legs. Needed to stamp our authority on the tie early in the first leg but left ourselves too vulnerable by not scoring an away goal. 

 

I wish BR would take inspiration from the likes of Pep and Klopp and try to put games to bed early doors then ease up to rest players when you're in a position to control the game. Too often we seem to take the opposite approach of taking it easy then trying to up the tempo and turn the screw late on if we need to, but as we've seen tonight when it goes wrong you leave yourself with a mountain to climb. 

 

Really disappointed as I thought at the start of the season we'd have a good chance to go far in this competition. The only saving grace for me is that looking at the teams that have progressed, the competition actually looks pretty strong this year so I'm not convinced we had enough in the tank to win it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Kasper and Vardy together earn more than their whole team collectively. You can’t blame on us not having the players ... we lost due to tactics, mentality and team selection/combination.

That's about as irrelevant to the point under discourse, as asserting that Bale earns more than Kasper, Vardy, Tielemans and Maddison combined. lol

 

Obviously Brendan takes the blame (just as he would the credit in reverse) for the team's selection, performance and results, but that's not in dispute and not the point being discussed either. Rather, arguably the only plausible rational (and we are ALL guessing here, since we are not privy to the decision-making) for the lineup is that they would be good enough so that the rested starters would not be needed at all. Players not playing at all is the "best" rest they get. If they have to play and exert themselves at any point. then they most certainly are NOT resting.

 

Edited by NaijaFox
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This team was from a very poor league and is a crappy team. This is why a lot of us are pissed off. It's a game we should have won simple as that with whatever team was put out. Every player was poor. No desire, no urgency, no instinct. Just poor all round. 

Ironically, I think it's possibly because we approached the game with this mentality that we lost it.

Edited by Paddy.
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gevans_97 said:

Teamsheet was fine, tactics were not. We had the quality on the pitch to beat these lot easily and showed no desire or intensity for a single minute in either legs. When that happens you don’t win football games. Best team won 

I am curious, looking at this teamsheet, how did you envision us scoring more than a goal? We had no attacking threat on the left. On the right, we had Under. So if I am their manager, I say "look, don't let Vardy get behind you, and be physical with Tielemans anytime he has the ball." That is what they did, and it completely neutered us. 

 

Sitting Barnes was particularly unforgivable. He and Maddison are our best goal-scoring threats, and Maddison was obv not playing. I mean, Vardy has scored once in 2021 and that was a fluke screw-up by Allison IIRC, he simply isn't at it 2nd half of the season, just like last year. It is past time to have another striker who can make an impact. In all honesty, that stupid yellow against Iheanacho really hurt us, he might've been able to help in the midfield or as a 9. So it goes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect many of us, me included, thought we could go deep into the EL while staying top 4 and chasing the FA Cup. 
Reality bit tonight. We couldn’t find a sensible AM option in January & we’re threadbare there now. We’re short up front, we don’t have match fit FBs, we have no options out wide, we’re playing the same CBs every match.

If we want a season like this promised to be, we need 3-4 more quality players 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, reynard said:

You do realise that this would give us more chance of winning things. We can remain a plucky medium side punching above our weight but to really succeed we do need to become bigger and richer. Posters on here go on about the FACup and winning it but look at the last 15 seasons or so and it is nealry always one of the big clubs who wins it. I know sides like Sevilla have won the Europa League but they are a pretty big club. Even out own League Cup has recently been monopolised by Man City.

 

Unfortunately money talks and though we've proven it is possible to try and compete you have to say that not may other teams have done so in the lst few years. I'd like to win things too, but right now we're trying to build something sustainable and a year or two in the Champion's League would go a long way to fulfilling the success we all crave.

People go on about top 4 making clubs rich and successful yet Spurs finished there consistently under Poch and won .... nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

On the bright side. At least were not Hoffenheim fans

 

Were 3 1 up 1st leg. Missed a one and had a goal disallowed. Ended up drawing 3 3.

 

Then absolutely dominated the home leg and lost 0 2 at home lol

 

Screenshot_20210225-221616_FlashScore UK.jpg

Screenshot_20210225-195424_FlashScore UK.jpg

At least they know what it’s like to win a game and actually attack 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...