Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

He seems to be going backwards 

I agree, a couple of years ago he seemed to be a real prospect, but now he seems to offer very little. Hard if you are not getting a run of games, but there is no way you would play him over others. I’m surprised he gets in over Mandy who seems a far more assured olayer

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I thought he looked like Dimmy too. Saw bits I did like (coming short and offering for the ball, showing up all the time) but also saw bits is didn’t (throwing himself to the ground expecting the free-kick). 
 

Might be unfair but I got a sense that he feels he’s made it (a la Gray) rather than someone who’s gonna work hard (a la Barnes). Hopefully I’m wrong and happy to be told I’m wrong by those that watch the youth team more regularly. 

...not sure what observation you are looking for in respect of the youth team in this situation!!!

 Barnes has played in the U23s but not a great deal, he managed to get loans for experience. 

  If you watch the Turkish football team, they are quite bullish on the pitch, with a skillset to back it up.

  Ünder also has the temperament and belief in himself, slightly arrogant persona and could be difficult to water down that kind of over exuberance. 

  We have moved Ricardo to the midfield position, but seem to want to play him narrow,  as opposed to stretching the pitch and effectively wasting him. He is not a winger, he does not think like one but he could be effective wide, if only we kept him there.

 

Nb.

Not sure why I was posting regarding Ünder in the Tavares thread, got  it wrong!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tavares is a very unusual midfielder as he excels playing either the Tielemans role, box to box or even as a 10. Even I'm not sure what his best position is as the U18's had him play all 3. Whatever the future lies for him, we are criminally short of a player who can fill in for Maddison for a few weeks so he hopefully will get a decent chance.

 

 

My only question mark is whether he is Brendan's type. BR does enjoy a press and that attractive languid style may be an issue, although he does look like the kind of player that has the necessary quality on the ball.

 

I did think you were off the deep end over the lad, but he does look special, I'll give you that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers is doing all he can to show Tavares how much they want to keep him, which is great. Hopefully this goes some way to him signing a new deal and kicking on.

Either that or they're giving him first team exposure to increase his transfer value if they decide to sell him as this has been known to happen previously?

Hopefully BRs track record with young players will prove to be different...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Either that or they're giving him first team exposure to increase his transfer value if they decide to sell him as this has been known to happen previously?

Hopefully BRs track record with young players will prove to be different...

He can leave for free in 3 months though? Could sign a pre-contract already but hasn't done yet. I think he will stay. Been here since he was about 8 and will get chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

http://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-united-big-race-leicester-city-midfielder-player-looking-leave-foxes/
 

Newcastle United in big race for Leicester City midfielder – Player looking to leave Foxes

 

The big race for Leicester City youngster Sidnei Tavares is now detailed by Portuguese outlet Notícias ao Minuto.
 

As the 19-year-old’s deal with the Foxes expires in the summer, the report claims there are many sides who’ve been looking to sign him for free.

 

Newcastle United are pointed out as one of the clubs who’d like to keep him in England, and they should have competition from Benfica, Sporting, Almeria, Sevilla and Nice.

 

The Lions, however, are the side who seem to be leading this race, as they’re the one who already made the player an offer to move to Lisbon.

 

Notícias ao Minuto points out that Leicester City continue trying to keep the midfielder, and insist on finding a deal on a new contract. That possibility, however, is considered to be unlikely.

 

Sidnei Tavares is said to be unsatisfied with his situation at the Foxes, since he can’t get enough playing time at the club. The report says he hasn’t made his debut so far, even though he did, in a Europa League clash against Slavia Praga.

 

The website also recalls an interview Tavares gave them in September 2020, when he already claimed he’d like to have his first minutes for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

 

“Last season I was with the first team already. In fact, I was the youngest. Everyone was between 20 and 30, and I was 17. I expected it, but I liked playing for the first team, picking up the pace. I have already proven that I can play for the first team, I’m prepared to go to the next level.”

 

For now, there are no further details on how good Newcastle United’s offer would be, or how interested Tavares would be in making a move to the Magpies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/newcastle-united-big-race-leicester-city-midfielder-player-looking-leave-foxes/
 

Newcastle United in big race for Leicester City midfielder – Player looking to leave Foxes

 

The big race for Leicester City youngster Sidnei Tavares is now detailed by Portuguese outlet Notícias ao Minuto.
 

As the 19-year-old’s deal with the Foxes expires in the summer, the report claims there are many sides who’ve been looking to sign him for free.

 

Newcastle United are pointed out as one of the clubs who’d like to keep him in England, and they should have competition from Benfica, Sporting, Almeria, Sevilla and Nice.

 

The Lions, however, are the side who seem to be leading this race, as they’re the one who already made the player an offer to move to Lisbon.

 

Notícias ao Minuto points out that Leicester City continue trying to keep the midfielder, and insist on finding a deal on a new contract. That possibility, however, is considered to be unlikely.

 

Sidnei Tavares is said to be unsatisfied with his situation at the Foxes, since he can’t get enough playing time at the club. The report says he hasn’t made his debut so far, even though he did, in a Europa League clash against Slavia Praga.

 

The website also recalls an interview Tavares gave them in September 2020, when he already claimed he’d like to have his first minutes for Brendan Rodgers’ side.

 

“Last season I was with the first team already. In fact, I was the youngest. Everyone was between 20 and 30, and I was 17. I expected it, but I liked playing for the first team, picking up the pace. I have already proven that I can play for the first team, I’m prepared to go to the next level.”

 

For now, there are no further details on how good Newcastle United’s offer would be, or how interested Tavares would be in making a move to the Magpies.

Those statements almost seem contradictory. He says that he wants to go to the next level and then it talks about an offer from Newcastle.

 

If he’s as good as he thinks he is then he should back himself to breakthrough here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

Those statements almost seem contradictory. He says that he wants to go to the next level and then it talks about an offer from Newcastle.

 

If he’s as good as he thinks he is then he should back himself to breakthrough here. 

.. I  suspect he means the "next level " to be first team football!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If he signs a deal here then he risks being a squad filler for a few years whilst he develops. Thomas is a comparable age but I can’t recall many other players of 19/20 given a chance in our first eleven ???

 

rodgers mentioned his size in his presser 

 

perhaps he considers Portugal to be a league where his physical stature won’t dictate his opportunities when compared to the prem 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he signs a deal here then he risks being a squad filler for a few years whilst he develops. Thomas is a comparable age but I can’t recall many other players of 19/20 given a chance in our first eleven ???

 

rodgers mentioned his size in his presser 

 

perhaps he considers Portugal to be a league where his physical stature won’t dictate his opportunities when compared to the prem 

 

 

He's also been here since he was 8, it's a gamble going to another country just as much as it is staying here. He isn't far away from the first team and at the very least he would be on loan in the Championship next season which he had asked to explore.

 

I don't see a club in a top European league where he goes there and is immediately further up the pecking order, but maybe he just wants a fresh start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s truly baffling is that we were going to turn to him last night (before we even conceded) to help rescue the game. But didn’t give him any minutes in the fa cup or early Europa stages. 
 

That’s completely crazy. We’ve had a fair few chances to see if he’s good enough and ignored them only to push him on in a season defining moment 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

What’s truly baffling is that we were going to turn to him last night (before we even conceded) to help rescue the game. But didn’t give him any minutes in the fa cup or early Europa stages. 
 

That’s completely crazy. We’ve had a fair few chances to see if he’s good enough and ignored them only to push him on in a season defining moment 

Two things have happened

 

1) he was named in the EL squad in November but got injured in training for the game vs Zoryha

2) in recent months there has been one last concerted effort to try and find some common ground on his development and get him to sign a new deal. It had broken down at the back end of last season and a stand off with players agent and the club.

 

I am surprised he didn't feature vs Brighton, I think the plan was to but the game was horrid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...