Jump to content
StanSP

Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread - 03/02/2021

Recommended Posts

I will be gutted if we lose this game to stupid defending on set pieces. You just know Dychee is telling his big boys to lob every ball into our box. Any other team there is not much drama but with us its major anxiety. Just flipping fix it Rogers and if you don't know how then get a bloody defensive coach to teach the players.

Sheez I thought this kind of stuff was basics for a pro footballing team? 

No idea who's gonna score goals for us if Vardy is a shadow again but poor Youre the guy is grinding himself into the ground fighting for the cause.

We need goals!!! Start telling the players every game is a cup final lol (injuries be damned)!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

On what basis will Thomas be bullied? From what I’ve seen he’s struggled more against good classy wingers rather than long ball merchants. He’s surprisingly good in the air for his size and won the majority of headers against Sima in both legs in Europe, who looked considerably bigger than him. 

This is Burnley we’re talking about we shouldn’t / won’t set up entirely around the basis that they’ll sling a few long balls up against us and have a few corners. Go there with a positive set up and win.

Looking at a few of Burnley's goals it is wise to be able to defend against high balls from corners ,crosses, and and set pieces but importantly my advice would be to assume they are well capable of scoring goals from open play. I would n't arrogantly assume that long high balls are their only route to scoring goals.

 

I imagine they practice all ways to score. I hope we have done the same but all the indications are we have concentrated only on goals from open play. This in itself means we have practised preventing goals from open play,which is good. As we need 3 points from this match I hope we have also practised defending and attacking high balls. These are part of football so i hope that we have also practised these ,it would seem incredibly remiss not to have done although many on the forum including me have seen little evidence of this which may have cost us 2 to 5 points this year already depending on how hard and cleverly the team practiced.

Edited by Alan Frost
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

We are well and truly ducked. I feel a post Prague apocalypse like the post Wycombe one 20 years ago. If we do then We'll lose the next 3 against relegation fodder and end up 13th with 52 points with a run of 12 consecutive defeats only halted by beating Spurs on the last day. 

 

 

Bloody hell mate!  Now I'm not naturally optimistic when it comes to us but you're making me feel like a glass completely full person 🤣

Even we can't be that bad...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I do not understand that, it beggars belief!!!

All that does is encourage the ball coming straight back. You will need to have a player brave enough to pick up the ball on the edge of our area and be prepared to carry it up the pitch with support coming from our wingers.

Its worse than that, the fact we all defend means the opposition can also pack the box. This is likely to lead to spells of pinball in the area we least want it , our penalty box.

 

Its amazing that our entire presumably expert and highly paid, tacticians and coaches can not pick up issues which  are obvious to even me just using common sense. Obviously people who understand football of which we seem to have several on the forum can probably see even more obvious weaknesses.

 

What is even more amazing is that when these are pointed out probably a majority of the forum argue against them consistently even when presented with facts I would expect school football coaches to know intuitively,not a big exaggeration.

 

If you wish for more than amazement, such as being cornswoggled, we, LCFC a team I would love to see win the PL are currently 3rd in the PL despite relative poverty in players and money, and an injury list as long as your arm. You explain it I can't although I have a few theories I won't bore you with now but briefly tonight's Man C v Wolves (4-1) gave a perfect example of part of the explanation , in its various phases.

 

A clue would be don't be fooled by the score. Also I think most of our players and BR genuinely respect and care for the club to varying degrees.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

We are well and truly ducked. I feel a post Prague apocalypse like the post Wycombe one 20 years ago. If we do then We'll lose the next 3 against relegation fodder and end up 13th with 52 points with a run of 12 consecutive defeats only halted by beating Spurs on the last day. 

 

 

I suspect that you already know it won't be anywhere as bad as that. In a couple of weeks hopefully our above average amount of injuries will gradually decrease and the team will again be stronger, and our results will improve. Unfortunately players who  are going to be unavailable for several/many weeks own  a lot of the "backbone" and character necessary to a successful football team. 

 

Players such as Justin, Fofana, Evans, Fuchs, Morgan,Kasper, Vardy,Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans.Ndidi, Soyuncu,Thomas and most of the others will hopefully be available next season plus maybe a new signing or two when we'll be luckier and even more formidable, Fuchs and Morgan may do less playing ,or maybe none but I hope they are around in some role as they also own a lot of our spirit and character. I am beginning to believe that although we also need BR imo he has to learn most and quickly. I'll be labelled as a fool but I honestly believe we could have finished second this year, despite everything . We just never did what the best manager in the PL , Pep Imo ,tells us is necessary. Its no secret and you don't need to know a lot about football to apply it. Most good managers know it and I only quote Pep's name because he 's a football manager who is repected in that field. 

 

Meanwhile. like Covid, things are about to slowly improve, Maybe we need a bit of help from Top's Buddhist monks to  get our mojo back. I'm serious , believe it or not, Pep's no fool.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

Its worse than that, the fact we all defend means the opposition can also pack the box. This is likely to lead to spells of pinball in the area we least want it , our penalty box.

 

Its amazing that our entire presumably expert and highly paid, tacticians and coaches can not pick up issues which  are obvious to even me just using common sense. Obviously people who understand football of which we seem to have several on the forum can probably see even more obvious weaknesses.

 

What is even more amazing is that when these are pointed out probably a majority of the forum argue against them consistently even when presented with facts I would expect school football coaches to know intuitively,not a big exaggeration.

 

If you wish for more than amazement, such as being cornswoggled, we, LCFC a team I would love to see win the PL are currently 3rd in the PL despite relative poverty in players and money, and an injury list as long as your arm. You explain it I can't although I have a few theories I won't bore you with now but briefly tonight's Man C v Wolves (4-1) gave a perfect example of part of the explanation , in its various phases.

 

A clue would be don't be fooled by the score. Also I think most of our players and BR genuinely respect and care for the club to varying degrees.

Sorry ,should have read "win the PL again"

Link to post
Share on other sites

i said winnit on the last two threads and we lost both games so, just this once...

 

loozit

 

come on reverse psychology, work your magic

 :plancque:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Up early and buzzing for the game. 

 

We should still have too much quality for Burnley and I'm hoping that Brendan shakes it up and rests a few including Youri. 

 

I think it's time to give Sidnei his full Premier League debut. 

 

My team would be 

 

                                    Schmeichel 

Castagne                 Fofana          Soyuncu     Thomas 

 

                             Wilf                Tavares 

 

Ricardo                       Kelechi                                Under 

 

                                    Vardy 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Iheanacho/ Vardy combo just doesn't work for either of them at any time its been tried. We dont play to Vardy's strengths with quick ball thru or over the top plus he's clearly carrying a niggle, so leave him out for this one.

Hopefully Rogers wont waste Ricardo's talent by playing him ahead of whoever is at right back as thats a failed experiment. He looks a fish out of water as an out and out midfield/attacker. He's most effective at right back and playing off or looping round the player ahead of him

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

We are well and truly ducked. I feel a post Prague apocalypse like the post Wycombe one 20 years ago. If we do then We'll lose the next 3 against relegation fodder and end up 13th with 52 points with a run of 12 consecutive defeats only halted by beating Spurs on the last day. 

 

 

Are we signing Alan Rogers and Junior Lewis in the summer aswell? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tonya said:

The Iheanacho/ Vardy combo just doesn't work for either of them at any time its been tried. We dont play to Vardy's strengths with quick ball thru or over the top plus he's clearly carrying a niggle, so leave him out for this one.

Hopefully Rogers wont waste Ricardo's talent by playing him ahead of whoever is at right back as thats a failed experiment. He looks a fish out of water as an out and out midfield/attacker. He's most effective at right back and playing off or looping round the player ahead of him

Agree re Ricky 

 

vardy is currently unable to win a foot race with an OAP ...... no point in playing balls in behind apart from getting up the pitch 

 

given that Burnley will want to get it wide and back up the pitch ASAP, I don’t think it’s a great tactic for tonight. 
 

we need to somehow be brave enough to dominate possession in tight areas and control the tempo.  Don’t give away free kicks within 60 yards of our goal and certainly try to avoid any cheap corners. 

 

we are capable of winning tonight but equally capable of losing by two or three set plays with our inability to defend our box from flighted deliveries .......  it could be quite ugly but on the flip side, it could be more like palace was. (Which we should have won).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Low block coupled with our lack of creative options surely means one of the most boring games of football you'll see and Burnley sneak a break away goal around 80 mins. Can't see anything else really but I really hope I'm proven wrong. :please:

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Kasper

 

Thomas

Soyuncu 

Amartey (if Fofana isn't fit) 

Ricardo

 

Castagne 

Tielemans 

Choudhury 

Albrighton 

 

Under

Vardy

 

Wait.... Ndidi? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

                                Kasper

 

Ricardo   Fofana/Amartey    Cags      Castagne

 

                  Ndidi         Hamza/Tavares

 

Albrighton               Under                   Thomas

 

                          Vardy/Nacho

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...