Not an over reaction to the result today as such but more the situation.

We were absolutely battered but who cares about the result.

The simple fact is our squad is literally dead physically, anyone can see it since a lethargic trip in Prague, Villa away we were at walking pace but for some reason Villa were too so scrambled over the line, then the last 2 performances were shocking.

We need the international break very very soon!

Without Madders Barnes and Justin we have lost a lot of the movement, pace and youth.

We are far to static and look burnt out.

Youri And Wilf look absolutely nakard

Vardy whose 34 years old and has rightly got some criticism over the last few games, but the simple fact is, he’s played 4 games in 10 days and looks absolutely dead on his feet.

Brendan Rodgers has done very well and we’ve had to deal with a tough schedule and injuries etc but I CANNOT understand or reason with, after the issue being clear that we’re down to our bare bones and struggling, decides to continue at 3-1 down in a dead game to not rest them and bring on Tavares and other squad members for the last 30-40 minutes!! Absolutely barking mad and Tielemens for one moment looked like he was injured as well!!

We have a tough physical match at Turf moor on Wednesday and he keeps our key men on? Lost for words.

Ridiculous that we are in this situation again..if we do not make top 4 this season then BR has failed. There’s only so long you can throw the ‘we’re growing and developing’. 
Absolutely huge next 3 games - Burnley Brighton Sheffield Utd. Anything less than 7 points and we won’t make it I don’t think.

Do we think we will be looking at this game as the start of the end come May? Or is this just a poor day at the office and with some rest we’ll be able to see it through?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It wasn’t a great game. I thought we got it wrong badly after going 1-0 up. However, I also don’t think this is the start of a major slide. It’s going to be tough these next few games with the injuries but we are not the only ones who play well then flop. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Should have played Mendy. 

Funnily enough I agree with you this time. Game was dead at 3-1 we should of brought Hamza Mendy and Tavares and gone a front 6 of:

Mendy Hamza

Tavares

Under Nacho Albrighton

At least Vardy Youri and Wilf might have a little more rest for a tough schedule.

• Like 1

Getting through this season will be tough but plenty of players will have a proper rest in the summer. The only players likely to go to the Euros are Schmeichel, Soyuncu and the three Belgians. I doubt Under will be here and I doubt any of the English boys will go.

Rodgers has tried to go on three fronts this season. Should he have not bothered in Europe from the start or chucked the under-18s in at Stoke and gone out of the FA Cup? Easy to say now but at the time he'd have been lynched.

Last year's fall off was down to negative football and nerves/ complacency with the lead, this year feels different for me.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Funnily enough I agree with you this time. Game was dead at 3-1 we should of brought Hamza Mendy and Tavares and gone a front 6 of:

Mendy Hamza

Tavares

Under Nacho Albrighton

At least Vardy Youri and Wilf might have a little more rest for a tough schedule.

We only had two subs left to make ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

'if we do not make top 4 this season then BR has failed'... Should we sack him then if he has failed? 

Suggest he should go tomorrow, then we may be able to get the new gaffer in before the next weekend. :huh:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

we won’t make it I don’t think.

Do we think we will be looking at this game as the start of the end?

I for one have begun fasting, wearing sackcloth, and praying for my eternal soul.

This season Rodgers has arrested any potential slides very quickly.

Early on we battled through against big teams, surrendered possession when needed and did what we could with the personnel that were available.

Now, things are even worse injury-wise and he may have to utilise some youngsters as we have to battle through again. With the injuries we have though, it's anyone's guess as to how, tactically, Rodgers can stop this mini slump from turning into a slide.

But, as shown so often this season, Rodgers can do it. We may be in for an up-and-down couple of months, but I think we can still get over the line and finish top four this season.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suggest he should go tomorrow, then we may be able to get the new gaffer in before the next weekend. :huh:

Should get Pearson in until the end of the season. Might be able to save us from relegation. Still not sure personally with the mess Rodgers has created :ph34r:

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Should get Pearson in until the end of the season. Might be able to save us from relegation. Still not sure personally with the mess Rodgers has created :ph34r:

Just started at Bristol City, so seems unlikely. Micky Adams until the weekend?

• Haha 1

The fact that it started with the phrase ‘not an overreaction’ makes the opening post all the more impressive!

I do understand the concern and frustration, but I think we have to look at the overall picture and how well we are competing on multiple fronts with relatively modest resources. 

Brendan definitely has not failed in my eyes. We’ve had horrible luck with injuries and it is very difficult to manage in such circumstances (see Liverpool for confirmation).

Two demoralising performances and the painful memories of last season are genuine  cause for concern, but as a club we are still moving in a positive direction and playing an attractive brand of football on the way.

I still believe we can make Top 4, but we are going to need an enormous effort and a fair chunk of good fortune....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

The fact that it started with the phrase ‘not an overreaction’ makes the opening post all the more impressive!

I do understand the concern and frustration, but I think we have to look at the overall picture and how well we are competing on multiple fronts with relatively modest resources. 

Brendan definitely has not failed in my eyes. We’ve had horrible luck with injuries and it is very difficult to manage in such circumstances (see Liverpool for confirmation).

Two demoralising performances and the painful memories of last season are genuine  cause for concern, but as a club we are still moving in a positive direction and playing an attractive brand of football on the way.

I still believe we can make Top 4, but we are going to need an enormous effort and a fair chunk of good fortune....

Agree completely, for a club of our size and finances, any season we genuinely compete in the top 6 cannot be deemed a failure. 

• Like 4

I think the plan not reinforce during january was a mistake. The squad were already looking knackered, and one or two decent back-up or utlity players could have made the difference between top4 and decent progress in the Europa League, or crashing out and falling away from the Champions League places as well.

We have a difficult run in with Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs to face in the final three matches.

January was the chance to kick on and ensure the club make the next level but it looks like we may fall away again.

It's criminal that Maddison is the only attacking central midfielder that we have.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers back to Celtic and we get Neil Lennon, lol! 

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

I think the plan not reinforce during january was a mistake. The squad were already looking knackered, and one or two decent back-up or utlity players could have made the difference between top4 and decent progress in the Europa League, or crashing out and falling away from the Champions League places as well.

We have a difficult run in with Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs to face in the final three matches.

January was the chance to kick on and ensure the club make the next level but it looks like we may fall away again.

It's criminal that Maddison is the only attacking central midfielder that we have.

Maybe we tried to add to the squad, but it was more difficult than you make it seem?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Agree completely, for a club of our size and finances, any season we genuinely compete in the top 6 cannot be deemed a failure. 

These doom merchants have got to be taking the piss. BR has worked miracles so far with our injuries. 

• Like 2

I would personally like to know why we came into this season, with the europa league in mind with such a small squad. I don't know if Brendan prefers a smaller unit or was the budget tight. Seemed strange we didn't even bring a striker in either both windows.