UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

Half time.

Great goal by Nachos. He played well generally and supported theory that he is a good link up player and much better playing as part of a front two.

Tielemans a little wasted still not playing as deep though noticed that Hamza has moved up a bit on the pitch to allow Tielemans to drop back.

Hamza in this role - useless and not an attacking player needed. Offers nothing defensively so far and gave away the goal, even though he looked at Ndidi and tried to blame him. Doesn’t get into any good position to allow a pass to him and when he gets a pass he is so desperate to get rid of it and pass backwards or to the opposition.  Must go off and be replaced by either Under or Tavares.

Edited by Tom12345
2 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Hamza off Fofana on move Ndidi back into midfield and Fofana at the back, then if needed Amartey off for Under around 65mins if we are not leading

Sounds perfect, but if Wes isn’t fit it’s a big risk. 

I think he’s there as emergency cover and that’s it 

personally I’d bring Tavares on for hamza

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd forgotten what a bell end Stringer was. 

Best character in The Wire for me.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Attacking changes at half time and lets go for it 2nd half. Can't cope with anymore slow sideways passing. This isn't rugby and Burnley aren't that good a team.

This will happen at 78 mins 

• Sad 1

We should have gone with the same side as the weekend but with Amartey in for Evans. Playing all 4 of Mendy, Ndidi, Choudhury and Amartey wasn’t going to lead to spot on build up play from the back.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

What was general opinion on the potential penalty shout for Tielemans?

for me it's one that if it had been given it wouldn't be overturned. It would have been soft but I definitely have seen them given.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Sounds perfect, but if Wes isn’t fit it’s a big risk. 

I think he’s there as emergency cover and that’s it 

personally I’d bring Tavares on for hamza

I wouldn't argue with that either 

Watching this back 3 pass it across the pitch is giving me a heart attack. Soyuncu and Amartey having absolute stinkers on the ball.

This system brings out the best in Nacho, he has been our standout performer.

For those saying Hamza off for Fofana, that would reduce the ability of Tielemans to make an impact as he is forced up the pitch. I'd rather see Tavares for Hamza and then to get Ndidi into midfield, I'd rather Mendy off for Fofana.

Edited by martyn

The biggest problem we have is that our squad players like Amartey, Mendy and Hamza are all ok if they come in individually alongside our normal starters but when we have to start all 3 it's just not strong enough. 

• Like 1