UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

Just now, STUHILL said:

What is Rodgers seeing in Hamza that we aren't? :blink:

Baffling.... I thought he was going off...

And ian.... wtf....

Confused Dot Com

Hopeitworks

Come on Rogers, you cant explain me subbing Nacho. With all due respect Vardy hardly ever touched the ball so far  man. You shouldnt sub a forward when he scored and when he is the best player on the pitch.

And this, THIS is why Brendan will never succeed - because he’s too afraid to go for it. I’d rather go down fighting than hiding. CVNT. 

yup - I’ve just wet the bed. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Haha 3

He moans that Vardy needs a rest but keeps him on over Nacho whos had a better game. This is why he gets the stick he does, makes too many bad decisions for a supposed elite manager.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

There’s only going to be one winner. Burnley are battering is, we looked ****ed. Holding on by our fingernails for a draw. 

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, murphy said:

He's got 4 goals this season.

Only suggested he could do a 'job'. Wood has 4 open play goals this season for a struggling side, Vardy has 7 open play goals for a side that hasn't left the top 4...

I don't care how many of the "but he's a club legend" crowd I upset or how many of the smug "he's due more respect!" accusations of egg on face I have to put up with when he gets one of his 3 goal contributions a year after I've dared criticise him...

I really can't wait for the day we've actually got a good enough set of wide options that we don't need Marc Albrighton within ten square miles of the stadium on match day. 

Wing back? Defensive winger? Option to help close out a match we're expecting low possession? OK. 

Goal scoring / creating option when we're chasing a game? Just not good enough at our level. 

• Like 2
Just now, Mark said:

Look like a footballer more regularly than 1 in 10 maybe

Who do you think has looked the better footballer tonight between him and Vardy?

3 minutes ago, NeilLCFC said:

He’s offered absolutely f all.

Maybe if he was given a proper run in the team and a chance to show, rather than getting 5 mins occassionally where he tries too hard

Just now, StanSP said:

I know he's Vardy but surely he comes off instead of Kel? 

Kel was looking much more livelier. 

I'd rather Nacho was on the end of one of Albrighton's crosses tbh.

Not sure why anyone is surprised by the Iheanacho sub, Rodgers has a weird habit of subbing him as soon as he looks like he's playing with confidence 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

He doesn't rate Under at all does he

With certain managers you know they have favourites, who get picked whatever their form or skills.

Brendan seems to be a manager who has unfavorites.

• Like 1