StanSP

LCFC vs Sheff Utd - Match Thread - Sky Sports - 14/03/2021

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

Nacho is great and utterly shit at the same time lol He is like a black Peter Crouch, but smaller.

I often feel like some of the stick he gets is unfair, he can look clumsy, but he is expected to receive the ball in such tight areas that it sort of comes with the territory that the ball will ping off him more than other players in our side - it’s just the nature of what he is asked to do IMO. Deserves huge credit for stepping up like he has after so long barely getting a look in. Obviously has flaws, but we are lucky to have him as a #2 when he has confidence. 

• Like 2

Horrific watching again. Hopefully they actually try in the 2nd half and we can see a game of football break out. 

Our players getting 2 weeks rest is nice though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good half, dominance yes but would like to see us test them more. We only have Ricardo back at 70%, hope he gets back to pre-injury Ricardo sooner than later. Looks half a yard slower in pace, turn and decision making. Great to have him back mind.

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

Can't help thinking that if the fans were there, we would be more aggressive and keep pushing forward for longer,

Crowd would've been restless after 25 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Can't sit on this 1-0 lead. hope Rogers lights a fire again and gets them to finish Sheffield off quickly with some quick goals. No more messing around. If we go up a gear it will be too much for the blades.

Good enough, barely.  Sheffield are truly dire, we're doing our usual take forever on the ball and pass back to the keeper routine.  Move it quicker, press more aggressively, stop being so passive.  They're really bad and offer little threat and the longer we let them stay in touch the more the pressure builds on us.

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Good half, dominance yes but would like to see us test them more. We only have Ricardo back at 70%, hope he gets back to pre-injury Ricardo sooner than later. Looks half a yard slower in pace, turn and decision making. Great to have him back mind.

I’m fine with him being 70%, I don’t think we’ll see him back to his best until he has a pre season.

• Like 2

That wasn’t that bad, totally in control or as totally in control as a Leicester side ever is at 1-0 ;)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, MPH said:

That’s probably the worst half of football I have ever seen from a premier league team by sheffield United just now...

yet we managed only a few chances. we keep passing it backwards! Should be 2 or 3 nil up already :)

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1